Newport UPS store loses franchise deal; refuses to wear masks

No, I meant that Sonic was the best burger in your area. Yikes!

Wish I could give that a love and a funny.

It is a sad state of affairs.

That is one of the things Missouri is lacking IMO.

When I lived in DC, Ethiopian on Monday, Lebanese Tuesday, Seafood on Wednesday, Greek Thursday, Indian Friday, Thai on Saturday and Southern on Sunday.

Missouri excels at Southern. Everything else is just so-so...if you can find it.

And decent fast food is few and far between. There's an In-and-Out and a Five Guys in Springfield...but not nearly as good as I've had it it of state.

NEWPORT, Vt. (WCAX) - Residents in Newport City do not have a UPS store as of Thursday afternoon.

While the store is still there, the company pulled its franchise deal with them because they say they violated its uniform policy which includes wearing masks.

A corporate spokesperson from The UPS Store issued a statement late Thursday saying they have terminated their relationship with the Newport outlet.

“We take customer safety very seriously and made repeated attempts to gain compliance from this franchise owner. However, those attempts were ignored and as a result, we have terminated our relationship with this franchise owner, effective close of business Thursday, February 18.”
Seems like such an easy rule to follow too...:dunno:

UPS stores have very low adjusted gross sales. They may have been doing this to get out of their franchise agreement.
They lost the entire value of the franchise !!

And freed their buildings up for other enterprises. I have seen estimates that put the number of UPS stores losing money, not making it, at 60% and the average sales at less than $50K.

NEWPORT, Vt. (WCAX) - Residents in Newport City do not have a UPS store as of Thursday afternoon.

While the store is still there, the company pulled its franchise deal with them because they say they violated its uniform policy which includes wearing masks.

A corporate spokesperson from The UPS Store issued a statement late Thursday saying they have terminated their relationship with the Newport outlet.

“We take customer safety very seriously and made repeated attempts to gain compliance from this franchise owner. However, those attempts were ignored and as a result, we have terminated our relationship with this franchise owner, effective close of business Thursday, February 18.”

UPS stores have very low adjusted gross sales. They may have been doing this to get out of their franchise agreement.

And freed their buildings up for other enterprises. I have seen estimates that put the number of UPS stores losing money, not making it, at 60% and the average sales at less than $50K.
It’s because most of all their packages are Amazon prepaid

For me it is not political at all. It’s common sense.

Common sense. Completely arbitrary changing standards wearing a filter not even designed to stop viruses which are 10,000 times smaller than the openings in the fibers loosely fitting the face which people constantly fiddle with, take off to speak at a podium where another unmasked person was speaking just moments ago, then constantly taking the mask off and on putting it on the neck or in the pocket wiping any captured viruses where they will be picked up and spread by the hands is COMMON SENSE to you where 75% of Covid deaths were from mask wearers and NO correlation between wearing masks and lower numbers has ever been shown, and now the nation's expert tells us even better to wear two or more encouraging yet MORE air to leak around the edges.

Yeah, I know. Easy. There is a KFC near my house. No masks..not even gloves. I used to stop there often on the way to work.

They will get none of my business even though I'm vaccinated, 10 feet tall and bullet proof.
This shows that masks are a political agenda for you. No need for you to pretend that you believe masks can stop viruses that are 1000 times smaller than the pores or holes of masks, right? This is political agenda.
For me it is not political at all.
It’s common sense.
No, it's political.

Fucking hack.

Doesn't matter. UPS store franchisees don't get a cut of the shipping. They get paid a flat fee per package they take in. Unless you are in a location that takes in a LOT of packages, your profits are going to be made or lost on all the other stuff like photocopy services, faxing, and notary fees. You are competing against all the other UPS authorized shipping centers, Access Points, drop boxes, and UPS owned shipping centers in your area even before you get to the competing companies.

Doesn't matter. UPS store franchisees don't get a cut of the shipping. They get paid a flat fee per package they take in. Unless you are in a location that takes in a LOT of packages, your profits are going to be made or lost on all the other stuff like photocopy services, faxing, and notary fees. You are competing against all the other UPS authorized shipping centers, Access Points, drop boxes, and UPS owned shipping centers in your area even before you get to the competing companies.
Plus you are competing against the USPS and Fed ex
You can’t make any $$ on fax or notary
A few good ones offer banners and posters !!
Most of them can barely break even and it’s not their fault

Since I was 18 I never made a buying decision based on the sellers politics, until Trump.
No longer. If you support this curse to democracy, fuck you.
I have to thank Facebook because Trumpists love to post their American hate on it. This allows me to know which businesses to avoid.

So far I figure I have redirected about $15,000 worth of business away from self professed Trumpists.

I hope others are doing the same.
You are so full of shit that it is bubbling out your ears.