Newly arrived ‘Bishop of Israel,’ confronted for missionizing Ethiopian Jews, denies accusations

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Never one time in my whole life have I even had a conversation with a Jew about converting to Christianity,” said Bishop Plummer, who has led “mission outreach” to the Ethiopian community.

By Atara Beck, Senior Editor, World Israel News

Dr. Glenn R. Plummer, a pro-Israel African American pastor from Detroit, Michigan, was appointed by the Church of God in Christ (COGIC) as Bishop of Israel in April 2019. He and his wife, Dr. Ruth Pauline Plummer, who refers to herself as the First Lady of Israel, arrived in the country a month ago. They live in the Jerusalem suburb of Mevaseret Zion.

According to the COGIC website, its membership is predominantly African-American, with millions of adherents. The Church has congregations in 112 countries around the world. Its mission is “to seek and save that which is lost.”

World Israel News (WIN), in an interview with Bishop Plummer last week, asked how he managed to obtain permanent residency in Israel – especially during the coronavirus epidemic, when so many Jews wanting to enter the country, some in order to look around for an apartment and move forward on their own Aliyah plans, have not been granted that privilege.

“The government allowed us to come,” he replied. “That’s it. I don’t know these people. The government. I mean, there are departments. I don’t know…”

Hey, look! It's a train wreck. It just keeps going and going and going.

Didn't know there was a "World Israel News". Never heard of Plummer. His trying to dig himself out is a tiny bit of funny.

1602886909969.png

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Nothing to see here, just some Jewish racist and bigots running around whining. We can just read Autz Sheva to get the whiners' Snivels Of The Week. What is even funnier is that the 'Rabbinical Judaism' isn't as old as Christianity, it's a new cult that has almost nothing to do with the pre-exilic Jewish religion began by Moses, and it is mostly in line with Islamic rubbish, which is why they supported Islam against Christianity for some 1,600 years. Christianity is much closer to the 'old school' Judaism of David and Isaiah than 'rabbinical Judaism'. Tovia Singer is a nutjob hypocrite and a liar to boot, so why he's noteworthy to 'World Israeli News' is noteworthy in itself.

Outside some of the older part of Daniel I don't put much credibility to post-exilic 'canon' or the Mishnahs and Talmuds worshipped by rabbinical Judaism.

Last edited:
Whatever. The Septuagint was written one time and in Alexandria, a Greek city, by the Jewish diaspora there. Hence, the parallels with the Greek mythos. We can go there. I am familiar with it. In fact, I've posted about it before on this very board.

OR, and hear me out, we can just look at this as an article about a pastor and his wife from Detroit saying one thing on video and his back peddling. As well as a "news" organization's flair for drama that comes out like this:

laugh hysterically, make popcorn for later adventures and move on.

I'm sure his heart is in the right place.

I think he has a good case in claiming discrimination, including racial claims; there are white Christian evangelical operations as thick as flies going on in Israel, have been for decades, why single out this guy? Because he has poor fashion sense? Lacks the bucks and the votes a American Christian TV network can bring? Hasn't greased the right palms?

Where do people think Ethiopian Jews came from in the first place? Hint: They didn't move there from Brooklyn, they were converts.

Nothing to see here, just some Jewish racist and bigots running around whining. We can just read Autz Sheva to get the whiners' Snivels Of The Week. What is even funnier is that the 'Rabbinical Judaism' isn't as old as Christianity, it's a new cult that has almost nothing to do with the pre-exilic Jewish religion began by Moses, and it is mostly in line with Islamic rubbish, which is why they supported Islam against Christianity for some 1,600 years. Christianity is much closer to the 'old school' Judaism of David and Isaiah than 'rabbinical Judaism'. Tovia Singer is a nutjob hypocrite and a liar to boot, so why he's noteworthy to 'World Israeli News' is noteworthy in itself.

Outside some of the older part of Daniel I don't put much credibility to post-exilic 'canon' or the Mishnahs and Talmuds worshipped by rabbinical Judaism.
Can you elaborate a little bit? What are the major points which distinguish an 'old Judaism' with contemporary 'rabbinical'?

Can you elaborate a little bit? What are the major points which distinguish an 'old Judaism' with contemporary 'rabbinical'?

For starters the pre-exilic tribes were less concerned about 'racial purity' and more democratic and individualist to boot, didn't put much faith in 'kings', didn't have any 'royalty' and most didn't need Big Giant Temples, the Ark and the Tabernacle were to be kept in a tent, and encouraged conversions from pagans, something they didn't do again until after ther revolts against Rome failed and they kept losing 'impure Jews' to the Christian sects. 'Rabbinical Judaism' was invented in the 2nd Century A.D., and is just a cult invented by left over Pharisees; they rewrote their 'canon' to make it fit with their Master Race nonsense and to compete with the Evul Xians, who stole a lot of their people and cost them lots of money from looting the Pilgrims, which is basically all the Temple at Jerusalem was for, hence why the Xians had their revolution and went back to the 'old school' Judaism of the Pentateuch. There are several sources on the differences, Paul Johnson's History Of The Jews being the most widely available in English. The Jewish Encyclopedia is another good source. On the changes in theology there are also several books out there.

Best I can do with trying to cram 4,000 years of history into a 'bit'. Without timelines and exegeses of all the writings, there is no 'short answers'. In my case I pretty much ignore the Talmuds and Mushnahs and stick with the original Torah as the historically relevant books, not a bunch of convoluted legalistic semantic gamesmanship of the later cults. People have already written books and studies over the centuries on all that, no need for me to write 16 million word essays on it.

starters the pre-exilic tribes were less concerned about 'racial purity' and more democratic and individualist to boot, didn't put much faith in 'kings', didn't have any 'royalty' and most didn't need Big Giant Temples, the Ark and the Tabernacle were to be kept in a tent, and encouraged conversions from pagans, something they didn't do again until after ther revolts against Rome failed and they kept losing 'impure Jews' to the Christian sects
That is a way which all prominent religions underwent. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Taoism. The way from plain and democratic communities to big establishments with hierarchy, rituals, buildings and a set of doctrines.

Rabbinical Judaism' was invented in the 2nd Century A.D., and is just a cult invented by left over Pharisees; they rewrote their 'canon' to make it fit with their Master Race nonsense and to compete with the Evul Xians, who stole a lot of their people and cost them lots of money from looting the Pilgrims,
This development is also understandable. There was a point in their history when they were concerned about 'racial purity' just because they wanted to survive as a single cultural unity, which was distinct from the environment they lived in.

aul Johnson's History Of The Jews being the most widely available in English. The Jewish Encyclopedia is another good source. On the changes in theology there are also several books out there
Thank you. I downloaded the Johnson's work and will try to read it as much as possible.

In my case I pretty much ignore the Talmuds and Mushnahs and stick with the original Torah as the historically relevant books, not a bunch of convoluted legalistic semantic gamesmanship of the later cults
If you want to see Torah as a history book, then maybe you dont need the so called Oral Torah.

But if you consider it as a main religious text of a religion that adapts to the time (the word 'adapt' isn't in negative sense here, because the humans' understanding of sacred texts changes over the time when the humanity rises culturally and intellectually), then you cant accept the Torah without commentaries.

That is because there are a number of directives there, that just dont fit the people of modern times.

aul Johnson's History Of The Jews being the most widely available in English. The Jewish Encyclopedia is another good source. On the changes in theology there are also several books out there
Thank you. I downloaded the Johnson's work and will try to read it as much as possible.

In my case I pretty much ignore the Talmuds and Mushnahs and stick with the original Torah as the historically relevant books, not a bunch of convoluted legalistic semantic gamesmanship of the later cults
If you want to see Torah as a history book, then maybe you dont need the so called Oral Torah.

But if you consider it as a main religious text of a religion that adapts to the time (the word 'adapt' isn't in negative sense here, because the humans' understanding of sacred texts changes over the time when the humanity rises culturally and intellectually), then you cant accept the Torah without commentaries.

That is because there are a number of directives there, that just dont fit the people of modern times.

Isaiah introduced monotheism into Jewish religion. As for changes, 'racial purity' is a cultural killer, not a preserver; it just promotes isolationism and arrogant racial supremacy fantasies, and in the case of the 'impure' Jewish tribes merely alienated most of them and they moved on to better things. The original Jewish theology was intended to expand and become universal, or catholic, theology, not a tribal cult run by conceited racist lunatics, monotheism itself implies universalism, which is why the Christian sects went on to revolutionize the West while 'rabbinical Judaism' bogged itself down in pseudo-intellectual legalisms and isolating itself and became dependent on Islam and to a lesser extent plundering European peasants for feudal lords. They were happy and successful at that, did very well overall as long as they could hide behind other peoples' courts and soldiers. They now depend on their Christian sects for survival in the ME, though some are moving back to re-joining their Muslim brothers in the near future, which is a mistake but it's being peddled as a 'glorious breakthrough for Peace n stuff'. Such 'breakthroughs' are historically a sign of major wars within a few years.

A bit of history re rabbinical Judaism.

"Herodian and Roman Period

In Roman times, the city was known as Iamnia, also spelled Jamnia. It was bequeathed by King Herod upon his death to his sister Salome. Upon her death it passed to Emperor Augustus, who managed it as a private imperial estate, a status it was to maintain for at least a century.[7] After Salome's death, Iamnia came into the property of Livia, the future Roman empress, and then to her son Tiberius.[8]

During the First Jewish-Roman War, when the Roman army had quelled the insurrection in Galilee, the army then marched upon Iamnia and Azotus, taking both towns and stationing garrisons within them.[9] According to rabbinic tradition, Rabbi Yohanan ben Zakkai and his disciples were permitted to settle in Iamnia during the outbreak of the war, after Zakkai, realizing that Jerusalem was about to fall, sneaked out of the city and asked Vespasian, the commander of the besieging Roman forces, for the right to settle in Yavne and teach his disciples.[10][11] Upon the fall of Jerusalem, his school functioned as a re-establishment of the Sanhedrin.[12]

When disputes were rampant in Israel regarding basic halakhic norms, it was in Yavne, according to the Jerusalem Talmud (Berakhot 1:4), that a Divine voice (Hebrew: bat ḳol) was heard declaring that, while both schools of thought espoused to the words of the Living God, the Halacha, in practical matters, is in accordance with the School of Hillel. To counter a perceived threat to the emerging rabbinical authority posed by heterogeneous groups of Jews who embraced ideas that were thought to be unacceptable by the assembly, Talmudic tradition has it that it was in Yavne where Samuel the Less, during the days of Rabban Gamliel II, enacted the " twelfth benediction " in the daily prayer, known as the benediction against apostates and heretics (Hebrew: minim).[13]"

Last edited:

Isaiah introduced monotheism into Jewish religion. As for changes, 'racial purity' is a cultural killer, not a preserver; it just promotes isolationism and arrogant racial supremacy fantasies, and in the case of the 'impure' Jewish tribes merely alienated most of them and they moved on to better things. The original Jewish theology was intended to expand and become universal, or catholic, theology, not a tribal cult run by conceited racist lunatics, monotheism itself implies universalism, which is why the Christian sects went on to revolutionize the West while 'rabbinical Judaism' bogged itself down in pseudo-intellectual legalisms and isolating itself and became dependent on Islam and to a lesser extent plundering European peasants for feudal lords. They were happy and successful at that, did very well overall as long as they could hide behind other peoples' courts and soldiers. They now depend on their Christian sects for survival in the ME, though some are moving back to re-joining their Muslim brothers in the near future, which is a mistake but it's being peddled as a 'glorious breakthrough for Peace n stuff'. Such 'breakthroughs' are historically a sign of major wars within a few years.

A bit of history re rabbinical Judaism.

"Herodian and Roman Period

In Roman times, the city was known as Iamnia, also spelled Jamnia. It was bequeathed by King Herod upon his death to his sister Salome. Upon her death it passed to Emperor Augustus, who managed it as a private imperial estate, a status it was to maintain for at least a century.[7] After Salome's death, Iamnia came into the property of Livia, the future Roman empress, and then to her son Tiberius.[8]

During the First Jewish-Roman War, when the Roman army had quelled the insurrection in Galilee, the army then marched upon Iamnia and Azotus, taking both towns and stationing garrisons within them.[9] According to rabbinic tradition, Rabbi Yohanan ben Zakkai and his disciples were permitted to settle in Iamnia during the outbreak of the war, after Zakkai, realizing that Jerusalem was about to fall, sneaked out of the city and asked Vespasian, the commander of the besieging Roman forces, for the right to settle in Yavne and teach his disciples.[10][11] Upon the fall of Jerusalem, his school functioned as a re-establishment of the Sanhedrin.[12]

When disputes were rampant in Israel regarding basic halakhic norms, it was in Yavne, according to the Jerusalem Talmud (Berakhot 1:4), that a Divine voice (Hebrew: bat ḳol) was heard declaring that, while both schools of thought espoused to the words of the Living God, the Halacha, in practical matters, is in accordance with the School of Hillel. To counter a perceived threat to the emerging rabbinical authority posed by heterogeneous groups of Jews who embraced ideas that were thought to be unacceptable by the assembly, Talmudic tradition has it that it was in Yavne where Samuel the Less, during the days of Rabban Gamliel II, enacted the " twelfth benediction " in the daily prayer, known as the benediction against apostates and heretics (Hebrew: minim).[13]"

Isolationism was a tool of survival for a number of religious minorities, surrounded by larger and hostile communities. Mandeans, Zoroastrians, Druzes, Ezides. That are the most prominent.

There are different stages of Judaism development. It seems that now it entering its next stage - the stage of universalism. That won't happen tomorrow. Moreover, we even won't see a 'universal' Judaism in our generation. But it clearly moves in that direction. The conception of Bnei Noah is being revived.

In fact, Judaism is more universal than Christianity in its teaching. Christianity requires acception of Christ as defined by mainstream teachings and divides people on those who accept this and who dont. Judaism (in Bnei Noah conception) doesn't make similar demands.

Of course, to become a 'universal' religion, Judaism itself should overcome internal transformation. There are some points in it I personally cant accept. And it depends on Jewish 'elite' whether it will become really universal teaching as it was intended or keep to be a religion of a 'tribe'.

Forum List

Back