Newest AGW k00k claim: Climate change leads to volcano's!!!

Just when you think it cant get better from the nutters............it gets better!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::2up:

Volcanoes and Climate Change How They re Linked

I love these people........they have provided me with many jocular moments in my life!!!!
Anyone would think you couldn't understand the article. Or hadn't read it.

Both probably, wouldn't understand it if you read it.

I've read the article....and it's a joke. It denies the reality of how magma moves in the Earths crust and the very engine that drives it. Further it is a lie. Isostatic rebound is well known, as is the rate of rebound, which varies from point to point around the northern hemisphere. The Great Lakes region has been rising at over an inch per year since the end of the continental ice sheets. The same holds true for Iceland. What's more humerous is the rate is not all that great. The Red Mountain Thrust Fault region, near Ventura, is rising at 7 inches per year! This is all well known.

This article is just another in a long line of propaganda pieces meant to frighten the savages. The authors problem is the savages are smarter than he is.

I've read the article....and it's a joke. It denies the reality of how magma moves in the Earths crust and the very engine that drives it. Further it is a lie. Isostatic rebound is well known, as is the rate of rebound, which varies from point to point around the northern hemisphere. The Great Lakes region has been rising at over an inch per year since the end of the continental ice sheets. The same holds true for Iceland. What's more humerous is the rate is not all that great. The Red Mountain Thrust Fault region, near Ventura, is rising at 7 inches per year! This is all well known.

This article is just another in a long line of propaganda pieces meant to frighten the savages. The authors problem is the savages are smarter than he is.

It's all just a plot by the universities of Arizona and Iceland, eh?

Eleven billion tons of ice weights, well, 11 billion tons; as that weight flows away, the underlying land decompresses a bit. In the new paper, investigators from the University of Arizona and the University of Iceland analyzed data from 62 GPS sensors that have been arrayed around Iceland—some since as long ago as 1995, others only since 2006 or 2009. But all of the sensors told the same story: Iceland is rising—or rebounding as geologists call it—by 1.4 in. (35 mm) per year.

That’s much faster than the investigators expected, and other studies of the Icelandic crust show that the speed began to pick up around 1980, or just the time that glacier melt accelerated, too. “Our research makes the connection between recent accelerated uplift and the accelerated melting of the Icelandic ice caps,” said Kathleen Compton of the University of Arizona, a geoscientist and one of the paper’s co-authors, in a statement.
[...]

Perhaps anticipating the climate change deniers’ uncanny ability to put two and two together and come up with five, the researchers took pains to point out that no, it’s not the very fact that Icelandic ice sits above hot magma deposits that’s causing the glacial melting. The magma’s always been there; it’s the rising global temperature that’s new. At best, only 5% of the accelerated melting is geological in origin.
[...]
If you enjoyed that, there’s more of the same coming. At the current pace, the researchers predict, the uplift rate in parts of Iceland will rise to 1.57 in. (40 mm) per year by the middle of the next decade, liberating more calderas and leading to one Eyjafjallajökull-scale blow every seven years. The Earth, we are learning yet again, demands respect. Mess with it and there’s no end to the problems you create.

Last edited:
Just when you think it cant get better from the nutters............it gets better!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::2up:

Volcanoes and Climate Change How They re Linked

I love these people........they have provided me with many jocular moments in my life!!!!
Anyone would think you couldn't understand the article. Or hadn't read it.

Both probably, wouldn't understand it if you read it.

Tell us how a wisp of CO2 spawns volcanoes.

Does it make the Volcano God angry?

It's a Gullibility Test, will they believe absolutely ANYTHING they're told?

I guess it's time to update the 'Things AGW Causes' list. hahahahaha

Ian.........lmao.......figured you'd find this pretty damn amazing!!

I think............seriously...........we need to start a thread called, "GUESS THE NEXT AGW K00K PREDICTION?"

anthro_volcano_scr.jpg

Now this is stunning... who knew?

Cartoons by Josh

Climate effects on volcanism influence on magmatic systems of loading and unloading from ice mass variations with examples from Iceland Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London A Mathematical Physical and Engineering Sciences

Abstract

Pressure influences both magma production and the failure of magma chambers. Changes in pressure interact with the local tectonic settings and can affect magmatic activity. Present-day reduction in ice load on subglacial volcanoes due to global warming is modifying pressure conditions in magmatic systems. The large pulse in volcanic production at the end of the last glaciation in Iceland suggests a link between unloading and volcanism, and models of that process can help to evaluate future scenarios. A viscoelastic model of glacio-isostatic adjustment that considers melt generation demonstrates how surface unloading may lead to a pulse in magmatic activity. Iceland’s ice caps have been thinning since 1890 and glacial rebound at rates exceeding 20 mm yr−1 is ongoing. Modelling predicts a significant amount of ‘additional’ magma generation under Iceland due to ice retreat. The unloading also influences stress conditions in shallow magma chambers, modifying their failure conditions in a manner that depends critically on ice retreat, the shape and depth of magma chambers as well as the compressibility of the magma. An annual cycle of land elevation in Iceland, due to seasonal variation of ice mass, indicates an annual modulation of failure conditions in subglacial magma chambers.

Hmmmm........ Interesting. So there is paleo data that suggests there is a connection. Have to check this out more thoroughly when I have time.

Climate effects on volcanism influence on magmatic systems of loading and unloading from ice mass variations with examples from Iceland Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London A Mathematical Physical and Engineering Sciences

Abstract

Pressure influences both magma production and the failure of magma chambers. Changes in pressure interact with the local tectonic settings and can affect magmatic activity. Present-day reduction in ice load on subglacial volcanoes due to global warming is modifying pressure conditions in magmatic systems. The large pulse in volcanic production at the end of the last glaciation in Iceland suggests a link between unloading and volcanism, and models of that process can help to evaluate future scenarios. A viscoelastic model of glacio-isostatic adjustment that considers melt generation demonstrates how surface unloading may lead to a pulse in magmatic activity. Iceland’s ice caps have been thinning since 1890 and glacial rebound at rates exceeding 20 mm yr−1 is ongoing. Modelling predicts a significant amount of ‘additional’ magma generation under Iceland due to ice retreat. The unloading also influences stress conditions in shallow magma chambers, modifying their failure conditions in a manner that depends critically on ice retreat, the shape and depth of magma chambers as well as the compressibility of the magma. An annual cycle of land elevation in Iceland, due to seasonal variation of ice mass, indicates an annual modulation of failure conditions in subglacial magma chambers.

Hmmmm........ Interesting. So there is paleo data that suggests there is a connection. Have to check this out more thoroughly when I have time.

Further proof AGW is a religion and that the AGW scribes allow this non science to exist..

Abstract

You are a fucking MORON...."Suggests" it means they dont have a fucking clue and that there is no evidence to support or invalidate the assumption. Again Peer review by PAL's who wont tell them they are all wet... You guys are really getting desperate!

Forum List

Back