New Zealand Rates Of Gun Crimes And Killings Using Guns At Highest Levels In A Decade

It's
Bad situation in New Zeland.

But what do you expect? :dunno: they have a Globlalist, leftwing, Killary Klinton fan over there, Jacinda Arden the Prime Minister.

Hopefully the people in New Zealand are waking up.... time to vote the witch out!
It's clearly a terrible situation.

Ummm...just to be extra clear here...what are we agreeing on?

Last edited:
Don’t you guys even read your own links. From your link:

On a global scale, gun crime remains incredibly low in New Zealand.

Police Officers were assaulted 13 times by someone with a gun in 2019 up from 2 in 2018.

How many police officers are assaulted in the US by guns. Probably 13 an hour if not every 15 minutes.

You guys love grasping at straws to support your failed ideology.
Come try and take mine cocksucker.
Crime lover.

Who would have imagined that a major right wing terror attack would see a spike in gun crime ?

Meanwhile.............................

For instance, in the United States there are about 106 deaths per 1 million population each year.

In each of the last two years, New Zealand recorded 2.4 gun-related deaths per million people.

Its a powerful argument for common sense.

the point is they took away guns from the good guys and the bad guys took advantage,,,
so the program failed miserably and people dies that wouldnt have,,,
New figures obtained by RNZ show last year had the highest rates of gun crime and deaths involving firearms for nearly 10 years.Rates of gun crimes and killings using guns at highest levels in a decade
No, the point is you're talking shit. There was a mass killing last year. The programme has been a success. We've had no mass killings since the programme to remove semi automatic rifles and certain categories of shotgun was implemented. Every one has kept their legal rifles and shotguns.

Last edited:

Police Officers were assaulted 13 times by someone with a gun in 2019 up from 2 in 2018.

How many police officers are assaulted in the US by guns. Probably 13 an hour if not every 15 minutes.

You need every straw you have.

24 in the whole country in a year.
Over two years as I understand it, which I think includes the mass shooting.
That is awesome. If we got anywhere near that, I'd pack most of my weapons in cosmolene and lock them in the attic. Unfortunately, within last year there has been on shooting (leg) in the front yard of somebody in the next block and a killing during a drug deal gone sideways at a convenience store just outside the subdivision, 4 block away. I'll keep carrying and hope not to witness a hostile act.

That is awesome.
On reflection, it can't include the mass shooting, but I believe that number (24) is still over two years, and is very high for us. It includes the year before semis were effectively banned. I think it is a result of New Zealand parents' children born in/or reared in Australia deported from Australia to New Zealand, as they are not Australian citizens, bringing Australian criminality to NZ.

Last edited:
That is awesome.
On reflection, it can't include the mass shooting, but I believe that number (24) is still over two years, and is very high for us. It includes the year before semis were effectively banned. I think it is a result of New Zealand parents' children born in/or reared in Australia deported from Australia to New Zealand, as they are not Australian citizens, bringing Australian criminality to NZ.
I did not know you were from New Zealand. Most of us only know your country from movies. No matter what anyone says, you folks should be justifiably proud of your record on gun violence. Sometime being #1 in a good way is really cool. Right now, we are mostly #1 in gun violence and #1 in COVID-19. Wish us luck as we do not have much of a plan.

That is awesome.
I did not know you were from New Zealand. Most of us only know your country from movies. No matter what anyone says, you folks should be justifiably proud of your record on gun violence. Sometime being #1 in a good way is really cool. Right now, we are mostly #1 in gun violence and #1 in COVID-19. Wish us luck as we do not have much of a plan.

Proud.....they have a more or less homogenous population, no real race problems.......they are a backwater country. They had a low gun crime rate when they were allowed to own guns and if their criminals decide to start murdering each other with guns, their gun laws won't stop them.

Yeah.....happy New Zealand...

In a part of New Zealand where escalating tension between gangs has erupted into violence, police say the matter is well beyond them to solve – and community advocates are urging the government to do more to tackle the poverty and unemployment they say are fuelling the problem.

Officers in Hawkes Bay, a region on the east coast of New Zealand’s North Island, are to be armed – police do not routinely carry guns in New Zealand – and have a more visible presence, with officers brought in from other areas, after shots were fired during a gang brawl in Taradale, Napier, on Sunday.

A 25-year-old man injured in the brawl was due to appear in court on Wednesday and police said more arrests were likely. Another shooting took place further north on Saturday, near the town of Ruatoria in the Bay of Plenty. Police said it was also gang-related.

The number of gang members in Hawkes Bay has increased by 30% to 35% in the past two or three years, according to police. Officers said on Wednesday they had arrested more gang members for unlawfully carrying weapons, including in an episode where members had “converged” on the Hawkes Bay town of Wairoa.

Then this...

Three shootings, two arrests and a dead gang member

However, amid mounting tensions in the underworld, police say they're concerned another name could be added to that toll.

According to The Homicide Report, a major Stuff data investigation, 11 people – excluding the victims of the Christchurch terror attack and those killed by police – were shot dead in 2019, reflecting a trend of escalating gun violence in New Zealand in recent years. At least five of those cases have gang links, but most are yet to go to trial so the circumstances are not known.

Every week there are several shootings across the country that don't result in death.

In the past year, there have been a number of high profile incidents, not least the very public tit-for-tat exchange between members of the Mongrel Mob and the Mongols MC in Tauranga where a house in a suburban street was left riddled with bullets in January

That is awesome.

Proud.....they have a more or less homogenous population, no real race problems.......they are a backwater country. They had a low gun crime rate when they were allowed to own guns and if their criminals decide to start murdering each other with guns, their gun laws won't stop them.

In a part of New Zealand where escalating tension between gangs has erupted into violence, police say the matter is well beyond them to solve – and community advocates are urging the government to do more to tackle the poverty and unemployment they say are fuelling the problem.

Officers in Hawkes Bay, a region on the east coast of New Zealand’s North Island, are to be armed – police do not routinely carry guns in New Zealand – and have a more visible presence, with officers brought in from other areas, after shots were fired during a gang brawl in Taradale, Napier, on Sunday.

A 25-year-old man injured in the brawl was due to appear in court on Wednesday and police said more arrests were likely. Another shooting took place further north on Saturday, near the town of Ruatoria in the Bay of Plenty. Police said it was also gang-related.

The number of gang members in Hawkes Bay has increased by 30% to 35% in the past two or three years, according to police. Officers said on Wednesday they had arrested more gang members for unlawfully carrying weapons, including in an episode where members had “converged” on the Hawkes Bay town of Wairoa.

Then this...

However, amid mounting tensions in the underworld, police say they're concerned another name could be added to that toll.

According to The Homicide Report, a major Stuff data investigation, 11 people – excluding the victims of the Christchurch terror attack and those killed by police – were shot dead in 2019, reflecting a trend of escalating gun violence in New Zealand in recent years. At least five of those cases have gang links, but most are yet to go to trial so the circumstances are not known.

Every week there are several shootings across the country that don't result in death.

In the past year, there have been a number of high profile incidents, not least the very public tit-for-tat exchange between members of the Mongrel Mob and the Mongols MC in Tauranga where a house in a suburban street was left riddled with bullets in January

Sounds like a war zone!!!!

That is awesome.

Then this...

Sounds like a war zone!!!!
Those poor deluded Kiwis.

You need every straw you have.

Gosh, aren’t you defensive?

After the shit you throw at the US.

And they take it.

Why? Most "gun crime" crap that your kind uses is all BS.

Right after law-abiding men turned in their guns to the government. Who’d a thunk it!

The weapon used in a crime is not important. What IS important is what the reason was/is for the crime in the first place. Kill off the reason for the crime to have taken place & the crime rate drops.

the point is they took away guns from the good guys and the bad guys took advantage,,,
so the program failed miserably and people dies that wouldnt have,,,
New figures obtained by RNZ show last year had the highest rates of gun crime and deaths involving firearms for nearly 10 years.Rates of gun crimes and killings using guns at highest levels in a decade
No, the point is you're talking shit. There was a mass killing last year. The programme has been a success. We've had no mass killings since the programme to remove semi automatic rifles and certain categories of shotgun was implemented. Every one has kept their legal rifles and shotguns.

Moron, if they have rifles and shotguns they can still kill people in churches, schools, and malls.........New Zealand didn't have lots of mass public shootings before they banned those rifles...so they stopped nothing.........

You guys are such morons.

New Topics

Forum List

Back