New York Times Finally Admits That Steele Dossier Was A Lie and “False”

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
'Muh, Russia'. Yet there are still true believers out there, even some on this board.

After years and years of lying to the American people, the New York Times has finally admitted that the Steele dossier against former President Donald Trump was nothing but a lie.
In their embarrassing admission piece, the Times noted that contents in the dossier “have never materialized or have been proved false.”
Check out what The New York Times had to say:
Some journalists are happy to knock on the doors of strangers. I was never one of them, but Christopher Steele, the ex-British spy behind the infamous Trump dossier, left me no choice. During the 2016 presidential campaign, Mr. Steele had been hired by an investigative firm called Fusion GPS to gather dirt about Donald J. Trump and Russia. The firm’s founders, two former Wall Street Journal reporters, made it clear they would not talk to me for a book I was writing about the business of private intelligence. So on an early summer morning in 2019, I arrived at Mr. Steele’s home in Farnham, a picturesque English village.
In photographs, the retired MI6 agent was always dressed impeccably in business suits, his graying hair freshly coifed. When he opened his door, he was wearing plaid boxer shorts and a blue T-shirt and had a serious case of bed head. “I can’t talk today,” he said. “It’s my birthday.”
At the time, those involved with the dossier were intent on controlling its narrative and eager to capitalize on their fame. Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch, the founders of Fusion GPS, wrote a book about the dossier that became a best seller. Mr. Steele sold his life rights to a Hollywood studio owned by George Clooney. When a guest at a private dinner party hosted by Vanity Fair asked him for his business card, he thought it was a fan who wanted his autograph, so he picked up his place card and signed it.
Now the glow has faded — from both the dossier and its promoters. Russia, as Mr. Steele asserted, did try to influence the 2016 election. But many of the dossier’s most explosive claims — like a salacious “pee” tape featuring Mr. Trump or a supposed meeting in Prague between Michael Cohen, Mr. Trump’s former attorney, and Russian operatives — have never materialized or have been proved false. The founders of Alfa Bank, a major Russian financial institution, are suing Fusion GPS, claiming the firm libeled them. (Fusion has denied the claims.) Plans for a film based on Mr. Steele’s adventures appear dead.
Beneath the dossier’s journey from media obsession to slush pile lies a broader and more troubling story. Today, private spying has boomed into a renegade, billion-dollar industry, one that is increasingly invading our privacy, profiting from deception and manipulating the news.

'Muh, Russia'. Yet there are still true believers out there, even some on this board.

After years and years of lying to the American people, the New York Times has finally admitted that the Steele dossier against former President Donald Trump was nothing but a lie.
In their embarrassing admission piece, the Times noted that contents in the dossier “have never materialized or have been proved false.”
Some journalists are happy to knock on the doors of strangers. I was never one of them, but Christopher Steele, the ex-British spy behind the infamous Trump dossier, left me no choice. During the 2016 presidential campaign, Mr. Steele had been hired by an investigative firm called Fusion GPS to gather dirt about Donald J. Trump and Russia. The firm’s founders, two former Wall Street Journal reporters, made it clear they would not talk to me for a book I was writing about the business of private intelligence. So on an early summer morning in 2019, I arrived at Mr. Steele’s home in Farnham, a picturesque English village.
In photographs, the retired MI6 agent was always dressed impeccably in business suits, his graying hair freshly coifed. When he opened his door, he was wearing plaid boxer shorts and a blue T-shirt and had a serious case of bed head. “I can’t talk today,” he said. “It’s my birthday.”
At the time, those involved with the dossier were intent on controlling its narrative and eager to capitalize on their fame. Glenn Simpson and Peter Fritsch, the founders of Fusion GPS, wrote a book about the dossier that became a best seller. Mr. Steele sold his life rights to a Hollywood studio owned by George Clooney. When a guest at a private dinner party hosted by Vanity Fair asked him for his business card, he thought it was a fan who wanted his autograph, so he picked up his place card and signed it.
Now the glow has faded — from both the dossier and its promoters. Russia, as Mr. Steele asserted, did try to influence the 2016 election. But many of the dossier’s most explosive claims — like a salacious “pee” tape featuring Mr. Trump or a supposed meeting in Prague between Michael Cohen, Mr. Trump’s former attorney, and Russian operatives — have never materialized or have been proved false. The founders of Alfa Bank, a major Russian financial institution, are suing Fusion GPS, claiming the firm libeled them. (Fusion has denied the claims.) Plans for a film based on Mr. Steele’s adventures appear dead.
Beneath the dossier’s journey from media obsession to slush pile lies a broader and more troubling story. Today, private spying has boomed into a renegade, billion-dollar industry, one that is increasingly invading our privacy, profiting from deception and manipulating the news.

Bullshit. The New York Times did NOT admit to any such thing, liar.

Bullshit. The New York Times did NOT admit to any such thing, liar.
“never materialized or have been proven false”

sounds like they are admitting it was a lie

Who cares?

That Golden Shower claim was PRICELESS

The NY Times finally admitted they have zero credibility, that the Steele Dossier was never substantiated, that it was all lies and propaganda.

No shit - we already know this.

The Deputy secretary of the State Department conducted an interview with Steele during which he lied. She immediately notified Brennan, Clapper, & Comey, telling them Steele was not to be trusted.

All of them knew it was propaganda obtained from the Russian Intel Service before they used the dossier as the basis for their illegal FISA Court warrant and failed coup attempt.

The NY Times knew it was all fabricated propaganda, never substantiated. Now they have finally admitted it.

They sold / reported lies....

A little slow on the draw, isn't the New York Slimes?

We Trump-supporters knew that without a single doubt, from day one. The left is pretty darned easy to see through.

"Beneath the dossier’s journey from media obsession to slush pile lies a broader and more troubling story. Today, private spying has boomed into a renegade, billion-dollar industry, one that is increasingly invading our privacy, profiting from deception and manipulating the news.

The actions of the New York Times and the Washington Post in pushing lie after lie after lie in their effort to support the Deep State and the corrupt government and those who support it were the most grotesque and hateful and dishonest acts of journalism in US history "

Who cares?

Of course. Whom among us wouldn't pay Russian prostitutes to piss in a bed the Magic Ni**er and his Sasquatch husband slept in?

I would have done that in a New York Minute:. Paypal, Bitcoin, Russian Rubles, American greenbacks, or crack cocaine. I'd pay those whores any method they accepted.

But then, I'm not Donald J. Trump.

Who cares?

this sums up the dems and the propagandist perfectly..truth? who cares!? the left’s motto
Couldn’t have happened to more worthy guy

After all the fake stories, myths and misinformation Trump has spread without proof, it is great to see him on the receiving end.

President Trump.....”People are saying” you enjoy Golden Showers, can you prove you don’t?

***********************BREAKING NEWS**********************

NYTs finally catches up to the rest of the world 5 years later.

What an awesome "news" outfit.

Anyone with an ounce of sense knew it was bullshit. Most of the TDS sufferers knew it was bullshit too, but they parroted it anyway because they are dishonest and dishonorable people.

I recognized it as Bullshit from the start.
But it was so fucking funny and pissed Trump off.

Who cares?

this sums up the dems and the propagandist perfectly..truth? who cares!? the left’s motto
Couldn’t have happened to more worthy guy

After all the fake stories, myths and misinformation Trump has spread without proof, it is great to see him on the receiving end.

President Trump.....”People are saying” you enjoy Golden Showers, can you prove you don’t?
the entire dems narrative is a hoax

Forum List

Back