New York Times bombshell story: The World’s Oceans Are in Danger, Major Climate Change Report Warns

You can't answer my question, after you people fleece the rich and successful who is going to pay for the remaining trillions ?
Well, as it turns out, we won't have to fleece all the rich, or all the corporations. We have smart people that know things, and we should give them nice sums of money to develop better tech. We simultaneously put pressure on emissions, using, among other things, the Carbon tax. We incentive businesses to meet targets. Trust me, all the rich people will still be rich. You can stop weeping over the mere possibility that, one day, they may not be rich. They can't hear you.
A carbon tax that will increase costs for everything, who is going to pay for those increases the most ? Why do you want to make people like Al Gore billionaires ?
Because the High Priest told him to.

goracle.jpg

You can't answer my question, after you people fleece the rich and successful who is going to pay for the remaining trillions ?
Well, as it turns out, we won't have to fleece all the rich, or all the corporations. We have smart people that know things, and we should give them nice sums of money to develop better tech. We simultaneously put pressure on emissions, using, among other things, the Carbon tax. We incentive businesses to meet targets. Trust me, all the rich people will still be rich. You can stop weeping over the mere possibility that, one day, they may not be rich. They can't hear you.
A carbon tax that will increase costs for everything, who is going to pay for those increases the most ? Why do you want to make people like Al Gore billionaires ?
Because the High Priest told him to.

View attachment 284990
26195703_872055382964575_2984519592728256345_n.jpg

A carbon tax that will increase costs for everything
No, not everything. We are smarter than that and can target certain things. And the things which are subsidized by those collected funds will be cheaper. You really should think these things through a little more.

A carbon tax that will increase costs for everything
No, not everything. We are smarter than that and can target certain things. And the things which are subsidized by those collected funds will be cheaper. You really should think these things through a little more.
You do know that a carbon tax will increase energy costs ? Which will cause an increase in transportation, food, and so on. Who the fuck will pay for these subsidies ?

You should really think these things through a little more.

i have nightmares about this. the sharp crack as the moorings fail, the tide washing in and out, pulling relentlessly and remorselessly until my house is adrift on the water, then swallowed up by the sea.

either we do something about climate change my friends...or we all die!
It's all about subterranean geothermal activity and there's nothing we can do about it. You climate alarmists and impeachment conspiracists really need to chill out. You have too much tension resulting from phobias, bigotry and misinformation. Maybe you should enroll in meditation classes or take up a strenuous hobby. Go on a diet. You need to do something to stop this collective downward spiral you're on.

the revolution in natural gas is finally going to set us free, my friends! free from our withering and costly addiction to foreign oil, free from the galling cupidity of prices at the gas pump, free from our long polluted romance with dirty coal.

natural gas right here at home is the future, my friends!
BAN ALL THE THINGS! No more fire in the kitchen: Cities are banning natural gas in homes to save the planet.

They aren't looking to take out old stoves, they are just saying that they want all new construction to be all electric rather than running gas lines to newly built houses. No, they aren't banning all stoves.

From your link.........................

The codes, most of them passed since June, are meant to keep builders from running natural gas lines to new homes and apartments, with an eye toward creating fewer legacy gas hookups as the nation shifts to carbon-neutral energy sources.

For proponents, it's a change that must be made to fight climate change. For natural gas companies, it's a threat to their existence. And for some cooks who love to prepare food with flame, it's an unthinkable loss.

the revolution in natural gas is finally going to set us free, my friends! free from our withering and costly addiction to foreign oil, free from the galling cupidity of prices at the gas pump, free from our long polluted romance with dirty coal.

BAN ALL THE THINGS! No more fire in the kitchen: Cities are banning natural gas in homes to save the planet.

They aren't looking to take out old stoves, they are just saying that they want all new construction to be all electric rather than running gas lines to newly built houses. No, they aren't banning all stoves....
They are banning gas stoves in new construction.

They aren't looking to take out old stoves, they are just saying that they want all new construction to be all electric rather than running gas lines to newly built houses. No, they aren't banning all stoves....

That's what I just said. And, to tell you the truth, I really don't have much of a problem with it. Why? Makes it easier on the cities infrastructure if they don't have to keep laying new gas lines.

That's what I just said. And, to tell you the truth, I really don't have much of a problem with it. Why? Makes it easier on the cities infrastructure if they don't have to keep laying new gas lines.
I think Americans can make up their own minds whether they want electric or gas stoves. Don't you think our politicians should be working figuring out what do with the homeless in their cities rather than dictating gas or electric stoves?

I think Americans can make up their own minds whether they want electric or gas stoves. Don't you think our politicians should be working figuring out what do with the homeless in their cities rather than dictating gas or electric stoves?

Again, you missed the main point of the bill. It stops NEW buildings and houses from having gas stoves. And, in addition to having the stove, you also have to have a gas line running to the city infrastructure. If you have an electric stove, no additional lines are required.

Forum List

Back