New York Democrats Argue Free Speech is a Privilege That Can be Revoked!

I did, I know what they are addressing but this is insane, regardless of what they are trying to do.

In a report written by the Independent Democratic Conference of the New York State Senate, new cyberbullying laws are suggested. In order to address the concern that cyberbullying regulations may violate the First Amendment rights of citizens, the report outlines that:

Proponents of a more refined First Amendment argue that this freedom should be treated not as a right but as a privilege — a special entitlement granted by the state on a conditional basis that can be revoked if it is ever abused or maltreated.

In short, the report claims that the First Amendment should be treated as a government-granted privilege, not a fundamental right.

http://www.newsytype.com/12343-first-amendment-privilege/

LOL, Keep voting DEMOCRAT folks, you want all YOUR RIGHTS taken away..

Now try and deny the Democrat party hasn't become the Communist party of the United States..

Now try and deny the Democrat party hasn't become the Communist party of the United States..

Whoa...........you got us with that one! I'm pretty sure nobody has any desire to "try and deny" that completely unsubstantiated negative.

BTW, the correct term is Democratic party. Did you know that?

Whoa...........you got us with that one! I'm pretty sure nobody has any desire to "try and deny" that completely unsubstantiated negative.

BTW, the correct term is Democratic party. Did you know that?

Is it?
As far as I'm concerned that isn't anything Democratic about the party anymore so I WILL not call them that. Does that chap your ass or something?

Does it chap my ass? No.....it just demonstrates that you have no interest in dealing with reality. This nation is made up of people with differing opinions and ideas about things. Your unwillingness to consider the opinions and ideas of a huge segment of the population speaks more to your failings than the condition of my ass.

According to their full report, possible "abusive" speech that they feel should be banned includes:
Leaving hurtful messages online:
"LEAVING IMPROPER MESSAGES ON ONLINE MESSAGE BOARDS OR SENDING HURTFUL AND DAMAGING MESSAGES TO OTHERS;"
Flaming people online:
""FLAMING" (HURTFUL, CRUEL, AND OFTENTIMES INTIMIDATING MESSAGES INTENDED TO INFLAME, INSIGHT, OR ENRAGE);"
"Happy slapping" (a 2005 meme that the befuddled Senators appear to mistake for a current problem):
""HAPPY SLAPPING" (RECORDING PHYSICAL ASSAULTS ON MOBILE PHONES OR DIGITAL CAMERAS, THEN DISTRIBUTING THEM TO OTHERS);"
Trolling online:
""TROLLING" (DELIBERATELY AND DECEITFULLY POSTING INFORMATION TO ENTICE GENUINELY HELPFUL PEOPLE TO RESPOND (OFTEN EMOTIONALLY), OFTEN DONE TO PROVOKE OTHERS);"
Exclusion of people:
"EXCLUSION (INTENTIONALLY AND CRUELLY EXCLUDING SOMEONE FROM AN ONLINE GROUP)."​

Wow. Just...wow.

Does it chap my ass? No.....it just demonstrates that you have no interest in dealing with reality. This nation is made up of people with differing opinions and ideas about things. Your unwillingness to consider the opinions and ideas of a huge segment of the population speaks more to your failings than the condition of my ass.

LOL...
I don't kindly to condescending people THINKING they are "correcting" me..
now carry on or go bother someone else with you boring lectures... whichever comes first.

I think he meant, New York communists, not new york Democrats, there is no such thing as a Democrat anymore, obviously. The communist party has successfully taken over the democrat party as persuant to number 15 of the 1965 communist goals.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.

But of course, the lemmings just dont get it, and will call it a lie so they can continue walking off the cliff while dragging the rest of us down with them.

Last edited:
Free speech a privilege?

:wtf:

that's how it's being mischaracterized in the rightwingnut article which confirms the o/p's biases...

what he's really whining about is that they're trying to prevent cyber-bullying.

i mean, really?

surely you don't have a problem with trying to stop that.

there is no constitutional right to a facebook account

Last edited:
Actually you can't shout "fire" in a crowded theater.

Do you guys even understand that "voter suppression" is an attack on the ultimate free speech right?

On the news, they said in the last 300,000,000 votes counted, there were 86 convictions of voter fraud. Republicans are trying to shave off 5,000,000 Democratic voters before the next election. You may think it's OK because it's only Democrats, but you dumbasses don't get it, you're next. If their policies were good for America, they wouldn't be trying to circumvent our rights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Free speech a privilege?

that's how it's being mischaracterized in the rightwingnut article which confirms the o/p's biases...

what he's really whining about is that they're trying to prevent cyber-bullying.

i mean, really?

you have a right to a facebook account?

yeah sure. You give them THAT power then where does it GO FROM THERE.
sheesh jilly. Do you stand up for our constitution or not.

Free speech a privilege?

i mean, really?

there is no constitutional right to a facebook account
I have a problem with free speech being called a privilege. Just as I said in plain English.

It's an inherent right guaranteed in the Constitution, in the Bill of Rights.

Period.

Free speech a privilege?

i mean, really?

you have a right to a facebook account?

I'd like to see the whole report because what I have read so far, in multiple reports, is exactly what is written and how it was presented is shown in these posts. I see no mischaracterazation.
I also know this is not the first time a politician or group of politicians have called for restrictions on free speech as a cure for some real or perceived social ill. It takes all kinds.

Actually you can't shout "fire" in a crowded theater.

Do you guys even understand that "voter suppression" is and attack on the ultimate free speech right?

On the news, they said in the last 300,000,000 votes counted, there were 86 convictions of voter fraud. Republicans are trying to shave off 5,000,000 Democratic voters before the next election. You may think it's OK because it's only Democrats, but you dumbasses don't get it, you're next. If their policies were good for America, they wouldn't be trying to circumvent our rights.

I guess you don't understand the concept of "reasonable restrictions" that does not infer free speech is a privilege instead of a right.

New Topics

Forum List

Back