New York Dem charged with stealing Sandy money from FEMA

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Sorry Harris, you're no Hillary, in tactics or scope ($25,000 is chump change to Hillary, she made more per fart).

A New York Democratic assemblywoman was indicted Tuesday for allegedly defrauding government agencies out of tens of thousands of dollars, including the agency in charge of Hurricane Sandy relief.

The Department of Justice announced that Pamela Harris, a New York state assemblywoman, was charged with wire fraud, making false statements, bankruptcy fraud, witness tampering and obstructing justice.

The indictment also claims that when Harris learned that law enforcement was investigating her in 2017, she pushed witnesses to lie for her to FBI agents conducting the investigation.

“She conducted her schemes victimizing the federal and New York City governments, and then obstructed a federal investigation into her crimes while a sitting New York State Assemblywoman,” U.S. Attorney Richard Donoghue said.

Harris, 57, is accused of defrauding the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) -- the agency tasked with helping New York and New Jersey rebuild after Hurricane Sandy in 2012 -- of almost $25,000.

According to the indictment, she falsely claimed that her house had been so badly damaged she was forced to relocate. To back this up, she submitted fake lease agreements and rent payments for a separate residence in Staten Island.

According to the New York Daily News, Harris used the money for vacations, cruise tickets and her lingerie bill at Victoria’s Secret.

She also is accused of defrauding agencies including the New York City Council, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and a New York City youth and community development group.

Every liberal I know as friends and within my extended family plays very loose with their taxes...bunch of hypocrites...

I remember when republicans destroyed a man for accepting aid to his constituents that were suffering from Sandy

'A New York Democratic assemblywoman was indicted Tuesday for allegedly defrauding government agencies out of tens of thousands of dollars, including the agency in charge of Hurricane Sandy relief.

The Department of Justice announced that Pamela Harris, a New York state assemblywoman, was charged with wire fraud, making false statements, bankruptcy fraud, witness tampering and obstructing justice.'

Pathetic - I don't care who you are!

upload_2018-1-9_14-20-23.jpeg

is this the one??

Gee, do you think this has any connection with NY having the most mafia families of any state and the East coast president of the Hells Angels?

Forum List

Back