New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
drag and drop test...

hair-fire.gif

image link test..
hair-fire.gif

Somehow when you are saving those files, it's saving as a png instead of an animated gif.

Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...
Uh, I don't like it yet... The simple look and format seemed the best to me, but maybe it's because I'm just a simple man. Hate typing, and the thing jumping around like it does. That's just one thing, other than maybe trying to find that wrench I thought I laid on a bench somewhere... LOL.

I dunno what that box is you have attached but nice try.

AT least using Brave, if you hover your mouse cursor over an image in a post, it shows the filename of that image. Hovering it over that image in your post showed the filename, with a .PNG extension.

Perhaps, in whatever context you're doing it, .GIF images that you post get converted to .PNGs.

Let's see what happens when I try…

View attachment 314414

Now that says gif if I hover.

The image address of my first example was: https://media.tenor.com/images/e0d60fb5a3ecd8e21841a35e7aa35526/tenor.gif

So both of those went in as GIFs. Apparently it's the board software converting them to PNGs.

The software doesn't convert the image.

If I use your image link and wrap it with img tags, it works fine.

tenor.gif

Code:
[img]https://media.tenor.com/images/e0d60fb5a3ecd8e21841a35e7aa35526/tenor.gif[/img]

The software doesn't convert the image.

If I use your image link and wrap it with img tags, it works fine.

tenor.gif

Code:
[img]https://media.tenor.com/images/e0d60fb5a3ecd8e21841a35e7aa35526/tenor.gif[/img]

Don't know what you mean by "wrap with image tags". There doesn't seem to be an option for inserting an image link except for saved images and these are not saved. I'm simply copying and pasting the image as I always did.

EDIT -- you mean I have to copy the link and write "code", "img" in etc?

Let's try it

Code:
[img]https://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/hair-fire.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I copied exactly what you had above. :crybaby:

EDIT - made it say "https" instead of "http", still doesn't work.

Last edited:
Change frightens me
The only thing constant in an evolving world is change-

In a sense change also frightens me.....but

:)
1585001218656.png

May I say.........the words, fonts or whatever the names are....are so faded.....like everything is washed up? can we make these letters with more contrast? it's a little bit of a strain on the eye.....just saying.

You need to either make the edit button bigger or move it. It seems every time I go for the edit button I hit delete.

Somewhere way back one of the admins noted that they had set the quote nesting to unlimited, and now that's looking like it needs one. I'm still getting notifications of twelve-deep conversations that have nothing to do with me. Wonder if we could set that at a finite number like wherever it just was, 5 or 6 or 7, whatever.

Also recalling that the last time we had a software change we experimented to see how bad it would look after 20 or 30 levels, it got to ridiculously unreadable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the legs Kat but the new layout is for the birds. This is one of those “not no but hell no moments”. You have reduced the choices, plain janed the presentation, and made the whole layout less appealing. Whose idea was the baby blue. Is this to reduce our rage or is it subliminal so that we will vote democratic in the fall? It is a failure on every level. First we had the annoying and obtrusive ads and now we have a kindergarten layout. Don’t fix it if it ain’t broken. Please go back to the old style and admit you have made a colossal mistake.

I'm still getting notifications of twelve-deep conversations that have nothing to do with me.

See? That's what I was talking about...…...getting caught up in some pissfest. Don't like it, do ya?

But that's been an issue that many have complained about long before this upgrade.

I'm still getting notifications of twelve-deep conversations that have nothing to do with me.

See? That's what I was talking about...…...getting caught up in some pissfest. Don't like it, do ya?

But that's been an issue that many have complained about long before this upgrade.

Yabbut you wanted ALL of them gone. Don't make me quote you, I'll do it. :poke:

Oh btw guess what else. The smilies you use get saved as sort-of "favorites" on a top line, so you can find 'em next time quickly.

Thank me later. :rofl:

Oh and you'll also notice you're the FIRST one I notified. :)

You can only “like” posts now? Too many snowflakes can’t handle being laughed at?

No, all the options are there and we now have WOW button that is great. Just hover over the 'like' and you'll see all the options. Works kind of like Facebook. I wish we also had a PRAYERS button and a SORROW button like some sites do when we just want to acknowledge somebody's difficulty and 'like' doesn't really convey that.

Font is good on my screen. I'll figure out how to navigate the forums without too much problem I'm sure, and as Kat said, they aren't done with the overhaul yet.

You can only “like” posts now? Too many snowflakes can’t handle being laughed at?

No, all the options are there and we now have WOW button that is great. Just hover over the 'like' and you'll see all the options. Works kind of like Facebook. I wish we also had a PRAYERS button and a SORROW button like some sites do when we just want to acknowledge somebody's difficulty and 'like' doesn't really convey that.

Font is good on my screen. I'll figure out how to navigate the forums without too much problem I'm sure, and as Kat said, they aren't done with the overhaul yet.

Oh and we need the FUNNY & AGREE button back. And PLEASE ditch the thumbs down button as the numbnuts will overwhelm a lot of folks with that. We don't need a lot of negativity right now.

Oh and we need the FUNNY & AGREE button back. And PLEASE ditch the thumbs down button as the numbnuts will overwhelm a lot of folks with that. We don't need a lot of negativity right now.

Well said Foxy. In fact I used that button exactly once --- on the post that announced we had a thumbs-down button.

Oh btw guess what else. The smilies you use get saved as sort-of "favorites" on a top line, so you can find 'em next time quickly.

sorry, but if you're looking for browny points...…...check your nose

If 2 or more posters get into a pissfest that last well into 10 or 15 or more quotes back & forth....then even if a limit is imposed on how far back the quotes carry forward........then those first quotes (yours, mine, or anyone else) would have then dropped out and USUALLY only those in the argument are left......right?? But under the current and previous system, it still catches back to the first.

So there's that

sorry, but if you're looking for browny points...…...check your nose

If 2 or more posters get into a pissfest that last well into 10 or 15 or more quotes back & forth....then even if a limit is imposed on how far back the quotes carry forward........then those first quotes (yours, mine, or anyone else) would have then dropped out and USUALLY only those in the argument are left......right?? But under the current and previous system, it still catches back to the first.

So there's that

Yeah I know, and I never suggested there should be no limit. That's where they set it, for whatever reason.
What I said was that there should be some nesting, so we all know the context.

So there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back