New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't get it on my phone.

Are you trying to use Tapatalk or access the website directly?
App store. It loads but doesn't work.

Ah, we are still working on that. We might no longer support that app. The problem with the app is it doesn't support all of the features of the forum. Since the new software we are running is built from the ground up for mobile devices, you should no longer need the app to access the site.

I found how to get rid of it but the server is not responding when saving preferences....maybe later it will...

I found how to get rid of it but the server is not responding when saving preferences....maybe later it will...

We are working on a modification to allow you to change the number of messages per page, etc.. however it is currently broken so we have disabled it. You should be able to save your preferences now though.

Still can't get it on my phone.

Are you trying to use Tapatalk or access the website directly?
App store. It loads but doesn't work.

Ah, we are still working on that. We might no longer support that app. The problem with the app is it doesn't support all of the features of the forum. Since the new software we are running is built from the ground up for mobile devices, you should no longer need the app to access the site.
ok

Added a dislike button.

dislike_2x.png
THANK YOU! Now if you would bring back "thank you" "Winner" "agree" and "funny and agree" and a "funny" button that doesn't look like mockery.... can you do that? These stupid face things are truly disappointing and have little to do with any actual political argument.

If you think about it, those new smileys are just about what the old ratings were, with added ones even.

Like takes the place of thank you or agree
Love takes the place of winner
haha takes the place of funny...….you just don't have the option of funny & agree

Then instead of the STFU button...….you have wow, angry or dislike
Nice analysis, the only thing I would add. . .
I believe "wow" is informative.

Thanks to the working Men and Women of USMB... I need someone's personal phone # for the gazillion questions I am going to have...

Get in line.. Still trying to deal with all the kiddie icons that replace the text for the controls.. Looks a bit more like a Hasbro toy than the older version, but so far -- it's just fine...

LOVE the new post ratings... That will create havoc amongst the warring members.... LOL...

Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

The new format is crap. The forum is difficult to navigate now. The PM format is crap. There was nothing wrong with the other format that had been here as long as I have been.

Marks out of 10 for new format = 1.

Oosie, you are spot-on correct but it's a technological pitfall. Back in post 31, which is too hard to find with the numbers almost invisible, the admin said:

Unfortunately the company stopped supporting the software we were running... so an upgrade was pretty much required. The old one had security errors, didn't work properly on mobile and doesn't support the version of PHP that the server is now running. We really had no choice....

We'll just have to deal with it. They say they're working on what they can, give them a chance because I pity those who feel your wrath. :D

(yanno what, some of these smilies are :lame2: )

We can not even give Ratings to posts now. WTF? Also look at the mess responding to someones post is, look at my fucked up formatted response to SunsetTommy. The whole thing is beyond crap. Prediction: This new terrible format is going to result inlosing forum members, peoples are not going to put up with this terrible format that is difficult to navigate or even difficult to SEE writing WHY is so many things in PALE GRAY WTF. So we are going to lose members, like many already abandoned P***** Hot**** for the same reason.
I'm already thinking about leaving.

For some reason? I am unable to make any posts or replies in the FZ. It doesn't make any sense. As soon as I finish reading this thread? I am going to go start a new game of Civilization and will come back in a few days. If this isn't ironed out by then, I will start a new novel.

I have better things to do.

Oh jeez will you stuff it!

This a new set up, which means there are some bugs or bubbles to fix, the Administrators are working them out.

People are so overly sensitive to the changes, go chill over your game, it will be fine soon.
. . . sorry, I hadn't read the whole thread yet. Hadn't gotten to the part where Tree and miketx had also had the same problem.

no biggie.

Added a dislike button.

dislike_2x.png
THANK YOU! Now if you would bring back "thank you" "Winner" "agree" and "funny and agree" and a "funny" button that doesn't look like mockery.... can you do that? These stupid face things are truly disappointing and have little to do with any actual political argument.

If you think about it, those new smileys are just about what the old ratings were, with added ones even.

haha takes the place of funny...….you just don't have the option of funny & agree

I thought you were leaving.

Thanks to the working Men and Women of USMB... I need someone's personal phone # for the gazillion questions I am going to have...

Get in line.. Still trying to deal with all the kiddie icons that replace the text for the controls.. Looks a bit more like a Hasbro toy than the older version, but so far -- it's just fine...

LOVE the new post ratings... That will create havoc amongst the warring members.... LOL...
LOVE the new post ratings...
You would.

Added a dislike button.

dislike_2x.png

I am, once this thread is done, if I am unable to post in the FZ, I will go do something else until I can. . . is the activity in this thread done? :dunno:

Added a dislike button.

dislike_2x.png

Actually OL, I don't see the green thingy on your avatar...…….so I'm thinking it's like it was before, that when you're 'ghosting' nobody else can see you're online, but you can see it.
And I'm suspecting that your preferences carried over from the old format to the new, but idk

We've updated the like/quote/reply buttons

Tonight you're mine, completely
You give your likes so sweetly
Tonight the light of like is in your eyes
But will you like me tomorrow?

Is this a lasting treasure
Or just a posting pleasure
Can I believe the magic of your likes
Will you still like me tomorrow?

Tonight with words unspoken
You 'like', but am i just for fun?
But will my heart be broken
When my post meets the morning sun?

I'd like to know that your likes
Are likes I can be sure of
So tell me now and I won't ask again

~S~ w/apologies to Carol King

Added a dislike button.

dislike_2x.png

well ya got me there.........and you're right...…..though in some instances i'm sure I'll hit 'wow' for WOW, HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE'....but I guess that's still 'informative' LOL

Added a dislike button.

dislike_2x.png

well ya got me there.........and you're right...…..though in some instances i'm sure I'll hit 'wow' for WOW, HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE'....but I guess that's still 'informative' LOL
:laugh:

Agreed. . . :lmao: As in, wow, this poster never ceases to inform the forum on the depths of their idiocy.

LOVE the new post ratings...
You would.

I was only saying that from an open-minded POV... I'm aware that all kinds of new games will result.. And HONESTLY -- I'm a bit concerned.. But, we'll deal with that after the critical stuff is redesigned. There are some "infrastructure issues" right now that need priority...

Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...
Will we be able to choose different skins? The new color scheme sucks. Very 20th century.

Feedback here...
Will we be able to choose different skins? The new color scheme sucks. Very 20th century.

Don't know.. It's possible.. Go check the new "preferences" that users have under your profile.. Haven't had time to check that yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back