New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, sure miss having the active topics list on the right.

That will come back.
View attachment 314328

I have a recent thread in the announcements section requesting that the New Topics, which was what was on the side of the old forum design, be expanded to show a daily listing of what new threads were created that day. Instead of just those few new topics that had just been created.

It would save me and others the hassle of trying to find what new threads were created for the day.

Thanks

*****SMILE*****

:)

Oh BTW... If I screwed something up in this post it would be nice to be able to go back and edit it.

Click the edit button...

1584983030020.png

Well what do you know!!! It magically appeared after I tried hitting the REPORT button at the bottom of your post...

Will miracles never cease?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Attachments

• 1584982709267.png
    1584982709267.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 1584982904773.png
    1584982904773.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 1584982904978.png
    1584982904978.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 19
Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

The new format is crap. The forum is difficult to navigate now. The PM format is crap. There was nothing wrong with the other format that had been here as long as I have been.

Marks out of 10 for new format = 1.

Oosie, you are spot-on correct but it's a technological pitfall. Back in post 31, which is too hard to find with the numbers almost invisible, the admin said:

Unfortunately the company stopped supporting the software we were running... so an upgrade was pretty much required. The old one had security errors, didn't work properly on mobile and doesn't support the version of PHP that the server is now running. We really had no choice....

We'll just have to deal with it. They say they're working on what they can, give them a chance because I pity those who feel your wrath. :D

(yanno what, some of these smilies are :lame2: )

We can not even give Ratings to posts now. WTF? Also look at the mess responding to someones post is, look at my fucked up formatted response to SunsetTommy. The whole thing is beyond crap. Prediction: This new terrible format is going to result inlosing forum members, peoples are not going to put up with this terrible format that is difficult to navigate or even difficult to SEE writing WHY is so many things in PALE GRAY WTF. So we are going to lose members, like many already abandoned P***** Hot**** for the same reason.
I'm already thinking about leaving.

For some reason? I am unable to make any posts or replies in the FZ. It doesn't make any sense. As soon as I finish reading this thread? I am going to go start a new game of Civilization and will come back in a few days. If this isn't ironed out by then, I will start a new novel.

I have better things to do.

So far, so good; waiting to see the refinements.
Thanks for your efforts.

That will come back.
View attachment 314328

I have a recent thread in the announcements section requesting that the New Topics, which was what was on the side of the old forum design, be expanded to show a daily listing of what new threads were created that day. Instead of just those few new topics that had just been created.

It would save me and others the hassle of trying to find what new threads were created for the day.

Thanks

*****SMILE*****

Oh BTW... If I screwed something up in this post it would be nice to be able to go back and edit it.

Click the edit button...

View attachment 314339

Well what do you know!!! It magically appeared after I tried hitting the REPORT button at the bottom of your post...

Will miracles never cease?

*****CHUCKLE*****

WHAT???????? You were going to report Mikey???

Shame on you...…….except sometimes he needs it

Added a dislike button.

dislike_2x.png
THANK YOU! Now if you would bring back "thank you" "Winner" "agree" and "funny and agree" and a "funny" button that doesn't look like mockery.... can you do that? These stupid face things are truly disappointing and have little to do with any actual political argument.

Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

The new format is crap. The forum is difficult to navigate now. The PM format is crap. There was nothing wrong with the other format that had been here as long as I have been.

Oosie, you are spot-on correct but it's a technological pitfall. Back in post 31, which is too hard to find with the numbers almost invisible, the admin said:

Unfortunately the company stopped supporting the software we were running... so an upgrade was pretty much required. The old one had security errors, didn't work properly on mobile and doesn't support the version of PHP that the server is now running. We really had no choice....

We'll just have to deal with it. They say they're working on what they can, give them a chance because I pity those who feel your wrath. :D

We can not even give Ratings to posts now. WTF? Also look at the mess responding to someones post is, look at my fucked up formatted response to SunsetTommy. The whole thing is beyond crap. Prediction: This new terrible format is going to result inlosing forum members, peoples are not going to put up with this terrible format that is difficult to navigate or even difficult to SEE writing WHY is so many things in PALE GRAY WTF. So we are going to lose members, like many already abandoned P***** Hot**** for the same reason.

For some reason? I am unable to make any posts or replies in the FZ. It doesn't make any sense. As soon as I finish reading this thread? I am going to go start a new game of Civilization and will come back in a few days. If this isn't ironed out by then, I will start a new novel.

Grow up cry baby, they are working on it.

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

Grow up cry baby, they are working on it.
I'm pretty sure if you couldn't post in the FZ, you wouldn't spend a whole hell of a lot of time here either. :finger3:

Added a dislike button.

dislike_2x.png
THANK YOU! Now if you would bring back "thank you" "Winner" "agree" and "funny and agree" and a "funny" button that doesn't look like mockery.... can you do that? These stupid face things are truly disappointing and have little to do with any actual political argument.

If you think about it, those new smileys are just about what the old ratings were, with added ones even.

Like takes the place of thank you or agree
Love takes the place of winner
haha takes the place of funny...….you just don't have the option of funny & agree

Then instead of the STFU button...….you have wow, angry or dislike

You mean New Threads? YES. That kind of changes everything.
Yes, ty. New threads

Yes, that was where I regularly started. Looked under "What's New", don't see it.

Just noticed there's now a box showing "Active Topics" on the right, which is still not the same thing as "New Threads". Really not very useful. We've already got "Latest Discussions" just below so this is kind of redundant. I'm not really interested in what's "active", more interested in what's new.

elchorizo usmbtech

One problem with the new threads list, would be how many can fit there on an active day...….then would anyone check that before posting another similar thread???

In my thread on the subject I suggested putting a button at the bottom of the short list they normally have that would take you to a page that lists all the new threads for the day.

As for editing, there should be at the bottom left of your post box, if you hover the cursor over it, will show edit/delete/etc

The only button I see in the lower left corner of my post says REPORT.....

Is that the one you want me to push?
*****CHUCKLE*****

ETA...just checked it, and shows faint blue boxes 'report' 'edit' 'delete'

I don't see any edit button.

View attachment 314334

*****SMILE*****

Added a dislike button.

dislike_2x.png

If you think about it, those new smileys are just about what the old ratings were, with added ones even.

Like takes the place of thank you or agree
Love takes the place of winner
haha takes the place of funny...….you just don't have the option of funny & agree

Then instead of the STFU button...….you have wow, angry or dislike
WELL I DON'T LIKE THEM. THEY'RE IMPRECISE. AND NO THANK YOU. Thumbs Up does not mean "Agree" either. And where is i for interesting/informative?

Yes, ty. New threads

Yes, that was where I regularly started. Looked under "What's New", don't see it.

Just noticed there's now a box showing "Active Topics" on the right, which is still not the same thing as "New Threads". Really not very useful. We've already got "Latest Discussions" just below so this is kind of redundant. I'm not really interested in what's "active", more interested in what's new.

elchorizo usmbtech

It's been updated to show New Threads - New Posts are on the bottom.

Yes, ty. New threads

elchorizo usmbtech

It's been updated to show New Threads - New Posts are on the bottom.

Thangyew! :thup:

EDIT --- wait, so "Active Topics" means "New Topics"? And "Latest Discussions" means "New Posts"?

Last edited:
Personally, I think a like button is all you need. If you are not impressed with a post, don't press the like. The remaining buttons are only so much noise.
This isn't a personality contest, it's a discussion board.
Conversation is over half body language. That's why with writing like this where you don't have the benefit of seeing the person, it's important to be able to provide COGENT feedback.

Please remove or move the little green symbol from our avatars...put it someplace else....

Does anyone but you have that?

I dunno dood, looks like you need to wipe your nose. As we say often ------------------ tissue?
I've got it too. It means we're on line. I guess I need to go back into my preferences and do some stuff over. I wonder if ignore is still there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back