New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
The type is too small on my kindle, when I zoom in I have to scroll way over to the right to get the full line posted.

I don't like it......... yet....:)

I suppose with more minutes than the 3 minutes I spent checking it out is needed! :D

I agree, the font size has been increased.

Yes, that is noticeably better, although one more tick up wouldn't hurt if possible.

Can anything be done about this contrast? Background is too much glare.

Working on the background. This is all new to me as well, so it's taking some time to learn the new back end. Our main goal was to get the site back up as quick as possible tonight. Tomorrow we'll be able to spend more time making adjustments.

what was the reason for this upgrade

So we ALL have less privacy probably, this is why we never got a heads-up it was happening probably. The whole thing is beyond CRAP. Can barely read post times, can barely see any dividing lines that divide each section of the forum. Hate the PM format. HATE the Alert format. Before you just put your mouse over them and they all appeared, now you have to click on them. A definate regressive turn for the format of this forum, now it is EXACTLY like Political Hot**** which is why peoples like me abandoned that place because the format is crap and the PM format is crap and confusing.

This is just horrible, they should bring back the old format that had been the format for YEARS, but perhaps this new format goves them MORE pf members personal information and that's the reason for the sudden and without warning format change? Don't trust ANYONE when there are sudden software changes.

The Edit function is also shit, I have a spelling error above that I can not fix without typing the ENTIRE sentence all over again. I have bolded the ONLY thing I need to correct and it won't let me. The old format the Edit was NO problem.

Man, just wow. I can't begin to imagine the trauma. And on top of everything else in these trying times. So you'll be staying then?

Being on a COVID-19 Task Force working on putting things on lockdown for week now I come to this forum when I have some time I come here to let off steam and sometimes to calm down and the new format is not suited to this there are to many things wrong with it that make me want to rant about how crap the new format is I hate everything about it I will always hate everything about it.

I'll never understand this. The background is the same as the busiest site in the world... google.com, and yahoo.com and probably 9 out of the top 10 websites on the planet. White background, black font.

So we ALL have less privacy probably, this is why we never got a heads-up it was happening probably. The whole thing is beyond CRAP. Can barely read post times, can barely see any dividing lines that divide each section of the forum. Hate the PM format. HATE the Alert format. Before you just put your mouse over them and they all appeared, now you have to click on them. A definate regressive turn for the format of this forum, now it is EXACTLY like Political Hot**** which is why peoples like me abandoned that place because the format is crap and the PM format is crap and confusing.

This is just horrible, they should bring back the old format that had been the format for YEARS, but perhaps this new format goves them MORE pf members personal information and that's the reason for the sudden and without warning format change? Don't trust ANYONE when there are sudden software changes.

The Edit function is also shit, I have a spelling error above that I can not fix without typing the ENTIRE sentence all over again. I have bolded the ONLY thing I need to correct and it won't let me. The old format the Edit was NO problem.

Man, just wow. I can't begin to imagine the trauma. And on top of everything else in these trying times. So you'll be staying then?

Being on a COVID-19 Task Force working on putting things on lockdown ks now. I come to this forum when I have some time, I come here to let off steam and sometimes calm down, this new format is not suited for that purpose, there are to many things wrong with it that make me want to rant about how crap the new format is. In general my feeling is this, EVERYTHING is crap about the new format, I can see not ONE improvement or ANYTHING positive about the new format.

Oosie, I thought the same when I first saw it. But it's already improved just in the last few minutes --- I can actually see my text now. Just give them some room, it's work for them too. Think of it like COVID --- we're in it together. :)

Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

The new format is crap. The forum is difficult to navigate now. The PM format is crap. There was nothing wrong with the other format that had been here as long as I have been.

Marks out of 10 for new format = 1.

Oosie, you are spot-on correct but it's a technological pitfall. Back in post 31, which is too hard to find with the numbers almost invisible, the admin said:

Unfortunately the company stopped supporting the software we were running... so an upgrade was pretty much required. The old one had security errors, didn't work properly on mobile and doesn't support the version of PHP that the server is now running. We really had no choice....

We'll just have to deal with it. They say they're working on what they can, give them a chance because I pity those who feel your wrath. :D

(yanno what, some of these smilies are :lame2: )

We can not even give Ratings to posts now. WTF? Also look at the mess responding to someones post is, look at my fucked up formatted response to SunsetTommy. The whole thing is beyond crap. Prediction: This new terrible format is going to result inlosing forum members, peoples are not going to put up with this terrible format that is difficult to navigate or even difficult to SEE writing WHY is so many things in PALE GRAY WTF. So we are going to lose members, like many already abandoned P***** Hot**** for the same reason.

If you hover over the "Like" button at lower right you'll see five different flavors, including an angry one :rock:

I suspect they're working on the contrast because NOBODY likes it. And the default font is too small.

Okay so the new Ratings things are also crap. The other ratings Like, Thank You, Winner, Funny and Funny and Agree were better. Who the fuck wants an Angry Rating, it is VERY negative, it gives off Negative Vibes and will make peoples feel negative.

Oosie.......... :smiliehug: You needed that.

Patience, dolling.

:smiliehug:

You have my email ogo, I can not tolerate this new format, especially the Edit not working properly as I have to use that the most as my English spelling is terrible and I rely on the Edit to correct things. A forum that will not allow me to Edit properly is a forum that I can not use.

Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

The new format is crap. The forum is difficult to navigate now. The PM format is crap. There was nothing wrong with the other format that had been here as long as I have been.

Marks out of 10 for new format = 1.

Oosie, you are spot-on correct but it's a technological pitfall. Back in post 31, which is too hard to find with the numbers almost invisible, the admin said:

Unfortunately the company stopped supporting the software we were running... so an upgrade was pretty much required. The old one had security errors, didn't work properly on mobile and doesn't support the version of PHP that the server is now running. We really had no choice....

We'll just have to deal with it. They say they're working on what they can, give them a chance because I pity those who feel your wrath. :D

(yanno what, some of these smilies are :lame2: )

We can not even give Ratings to posts now. WTF? Also look at the mess responding to someones post is, look at my fucked up formatted response to SunsetTommy. The whole thing is beyond crap. Prediction: This new terrible format is going to result inlosing forum members, peoples are not going to put up with this terrible format that is difficult to navigate or even difficult to SEE writing WHY is so many things in PALE GRAY WTF. So we are going to lose members, like many already abandoned P***** Hot**** for the same reason.

If you hover over the "Like" button at lower right you'll see five different flavors, including an angry one :rock:

I suspect they're working on the contrast because NOBODY likes it. And the default font is too small.

Okay so the new Ratings things are also crap. The other ratings Like, Thank You, Winner, Funny and Funny and Agree were better. Who the fuck wants an Angry Rating, it is VERY negative, it gives off Negative Vibes and will make peoples feel negative.

Oosie.......... :smiliehug: You needed that.

Patience, dolling.

:smiliehug:

You have my email ogo, I can not tolerate this new format, especially the Edit not working properly as I have to use that the most as my English spelling is terrible and I rely on the Edit to correct things. A forum that will not allow me to Edit properly is a forum that I can not use.

Did you find the edit button? I couldn't find it at first either. It's a sign of superior intelligence.
Below the sigline, on the left, almost invisible.

Yes I have your email but it would be selfish to keep you to myself. :)

I'll never understand this. The background is the same as the busiest site in the world... google.com, and yahoo.com and probably 9 out of the top 10 websites on the planet. White background, black font.

Yeah I dunno it may have been in part squinting to see one's text which is now bigger. It still looks kind of bright though.

Being on a COVID-19 Task Force working on putting things on lockdown ks now. I come to this forum when I have some time, I come here to let off steam and sometimes calm down, this new format is not suited for that purpose, there are to many things wrong with it that make me want to rant about how crap the new format is. In general my feeling is this, EVERYTHING is crap about the new format, I can see not ONE improvement or ANYTHING positive about the new format.

Oosie, I thought the same when I first saw it. But it's already improved just in the last few minutes --- I can actually see my text now. Just give them some room, it's work for them too. Think of it like COVID --- we're in it together. :)
And overreacting.

The type is too small on my kindle, when I zoom in I have to scroll way over to the right to get the full line posted.

I don't like it......... yet....:)

I suppose with more minutes than the 3 minutes I spent checking it out is needed! :D

I agree, the font size has been increased.

After all my negative comments, I should say that I do appreciate that you and Admin have worked very hard on keeping the forum running and continue to do so. It's a good forum with good peoples, even many on the Left are good peoples we just happen to disagree on politics.

Not sure ogo I am very stressed out in general now because of my job with the COVID-19 thing, something I never thought I would have to do, things I never thought I would be asked to do it's all very disturbing and stressful at this time.

But you know last year I did not post or log on for 7 months when I was all of a sudden sent to be an Attache at our Embassy in Turkey, I was only available on email for all those months and so as I comment ogo you still have my email.

Another thing that sucks... for being an upgrade... It sure doesnt seem to be up to current standards when it comes to attaching a pic taken from a phone. It says file too large. Get with the times. That's a standard file size for a picture, taken from a modern phone. Which is how nearly all pics are taken these days. Using a third party image hosting site, or having to fumble with resizing apps just to post a pic, is just cumbersome, and an all around pain in the ass.

Not sure ogo I am very stressed out in general now because of my job with the COVID-19 thing, something I never thought I would have to do, things I never thought I would be asked to do it's all very disturbing and stressful at this time.

But you know last year I did not post or log on for 7 months when I was all of a sudden sent to be an Attache at our Embassy in Turkey, I was only available on email for all those months and so as I comment ogo you still have my email.

I know Liebchen, I can see you're stressed. Take a deep breath, have a quiet moment. We love you. Stay well.

Another thing that sucks... for being an upgrade... It sure doesnt seem to be up to current standards when it comes to attaching a pic taken from a phone. It says file too large. Get with the times. That's a standard file size for a picture, taken from a modern phone. Which is how nearly all pics are taken these days. Using a third party image hosting site, or having to fumble with resizing apps just to post a pic, is just cumbersome, and an all around pain in the ass.

This will be fixed shortly, it's just a setting. One of the main benefits to the software upgrade is the mobile support.

I know Liebchen, I can see you're stressed. Take a deep breath, have a quiet moment. We love you. Stay well.

I will return when I am not as stressed out. I love you also.

:26:

The new software version comes with DEFAULT settings, which means the administrator will have to make adjustments to meet THIS forum needs, it takes time people, be patient as they work out the smelly bubbles that are new to a new forum software version.

In my forums, when I went from version 1.4 to 1.6, then to 1.8, I had to change the default settings each time for image size. The list of image and document files are LONG, it takes time to change them.

Be patient!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back