New update is trash. I just got used to the last update which also sucked.

At some point the site will become sufficiently difficult to use that people will stop using it, possibly moving to other forums.

I see this as opportunity.
I very rarely pop off on this web site any more.

The software is horrible. And it doesn't appear that anyone is qualified to set it up properly.

Whatever they did to the quote system was kind of the last straw for me. I was already rather tired of the Mickey Mouse atmosphere anyway, but when a simple task like quoting an individual poster is twisted into an ordeal, there's just too many other platforms out there to pop off on.

It's moving into the summer time anyway, so. There's better things to do.

Besides, the place has basically turned into brown-shirt central. And getting worse. I've no respect for people like that. And lately I've been rather open in demonstrating it whenever I do pass through here.

Last edited:
pop off on this web site any more.

The software is horrible. And it doesn't appear that anyone is qualified to set it up properly.

Whatever they did to the quote system was kind of the last straw for me. I was already rather tired of the Mickey Mouse atmosphere anyway, but when a simple task like quoting an individual poster is twisted into an ordeal, there's just too many other platforms out there to pop off on.

Besides, the place has basically turned into brown-shirt central. And getting worse. I've no respect for people like that. And lately I've been rather open in demonstrating it whenever I do pass through here.

The problem is, the software is NOT horrible. I'm on forums with the same software that do NOT have the damned endless quote chains. The contrary: the software can AUTOMATICALLY quote only the last post to avoid the whole problem. It is not set up properly.

The problem is, the software is NOT horrible. I'm on forums with the same software that do NOT have the damned endless quote chains. The contrary: the software can AUTOMATICALLY quote only the last post to avoid the whole problem. It is not set up properly.

I agree that it isn't set up properly. In fact, it's precisely what I'd said initially.

I just happen to not like the software. I've never cared for it. So that's why I said it was horrible.

Doesn't matter. I'm not really on here much at all any more.

Got more important things to do. Meaningful things...

WE can just self edit and use the'@inserthandlehere' feature, I guess, to avoid the long strings until they fix it. I've had no luck trying to delete the strings, so I'm going to copy and paste and use the '@name' gimmick from now on, if the quote is going to be addressed directly.

Jarlaxle: "The problem is, the software is NOT horrible. I'm on forums with the same software that do NOT have the damned endless quote chains. The contrary: the software can AUTOMATICALLY quote only the last post to avoid the whole problem. It is not set up properly."

Quit fixing shit. Every time you update this forum it gets worse.
I'm on mobile 99.9% of the time and navigation was a bitch before. Now it's even worse.
Want to post a pic? Good luck deciphering the jumbled mess of "options"

Terrible
I use my phone exclusively. I just dont see any problem

That ends when you quit hittling "reply."

It's not that hard, but you guys are the reason I keep getting alerts that dont involve me.

There have been endless posts showing some of you how to QUOTE the person you're responding to. But you either dont want to bother to learn or you're just too lazy.

That ends when you quit hittling "reply."

It's not that hard, but you guys are the reason I keep getting alerts that dont involve me.

There have been endless posts showing some of you how to QUOTE the person you're responding to. But you either dont want to bother to learn or you're just too lazy.

Get back in your hole, winger.

I'm probably one of the very, very few people on this board who consistently quotes only the poster to whom I'm speaking.

The only time I've ever NOT quoted only the poster to whom I'm responding is just recently when I was trying to figure out the shoddy Mickey Mouse setup of the board software after the recent update.

Don't ever throw the term 'lazy' around in my direction, punk. When's the last time you even did anything useful aside from sitting around running your pie hole on the Internet anyway, Mr. 37,000 posts? Hm? When? Have you ever?

All you;ve really demonstrated for the group wit hthat spew is that your eagerness and willingness to conform to a broken system isn't limited to just your voting record.

Last edited:
I'm on mobile 99.9% of the time and navigation was a bitch before. Now it's even worse.

Terrible

I don't do mobile, but what I find frustrating is all the changes, many of which didn't really fix anything, while NEW problems (bad ones) are introduced, all the while the really serious OLD problems mostly remain uncorrected. :banghead:

Ask me again why I would NEVER chose Xenforo software.........

The quality of paid software appears to be in slow decline in recent years.

Terrible

I don't do mobile, but what I find frustrating is all the changes, many of which didn't really fix anything, while NEW problems (bad ones) are introduced, all the while the really serious OLD problems mostly remain uncorrected. :banghead:

A while back, I tried pursuing suggestions with the senior mods here about changes here that would vastly improve the user experience and maybe even make their jobs easier but apparently the mods hands are tied. These decisions are not in their court. But I'm finding a great deal that Xenforo leaves to be desired in its overall architecture.

Terrible

A while back, I tried pursuing suggestions with the senior mods here about changes here that would vastly improve the user experience and maybe even make their jobs easier but apparently the mods hands are tied. These decisions are not in their court. But I'm finding a great deal that Xenforo leaves to be desired in its overall architecture.

Yeah agree that this forum board is badly bloated with too many stand alone titles, and the lack of everyday administrative support hurts the Mod team too.

In every forum I set up and owned, I was ALWAYS there as the Administrator to support and moderate every single day.

Last edited:
Get back in your hole, winger.

I'm probably one of the very, very few people on this board who consistently quotes only the poster to whom I'm speaking
You're posting on a messageboard you pompous ass. If you dont like it pm him

BTW, did you notice I quoted only you? So you're not the only one, proving it aint that hard unless you're just being lazy

Last edited:
I don't use my phone for stuff like this, I use my pc.

I have a Win10 pc, and the last few updates fucked things up, especially anything using Google or Google Chrome.

I sent MS a tech message about this, and they haven't responded. I have been looking online and apparently the new Win10 updates have a lot of bugs in them.

Mine seem to have vanished for now. Or since they seemed to be Google related, that leaves me out of the mix since I switched to Firefox and deleted Chrome from my pc completely.

I have a Win10 pc, and the last few updates fucked things up, especially anything using Google or Google Chrome.

I sent MS a tech message about this, and they haven't responded. I have been looking online and apparently the new Win10 updates have a lot of bugs in them.

Mine seem to have vanished for now. Or since they seemed to be Google related, that leaves me out of the mix since I switched to Firefox and deleted Chrome from my pc completely.
Google is doing a lot of stuff with chrome that will drive people away. I rarely use it. I still prefer firefox

Google is doing a lot of stuff with chrome that will drive people away. I rarely use it. I still prefer firefox

I have always had Chrome, because when the "big changeover" to Win10 and Edge was going on, most sites/companies were only using Chrome based programs.

Now that most programs are made to run on alternate internet platforms and search engines, it's not so rough changing over to another search engine like Firefox. Although, I am seeing that Firefox doesn't do as much as Google Chrome did, as far as perks and pluses in using it.

Forum List

Back