Zone1 New Topics sidebar.

Brick Gold

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2022
I noticed topics disappearing and reappering in the New Topics sidebar and some new topics don't show up there at all. They can be found in the sections they were posted in and weren't deleted. Any idea why this happens? Are they approved for the cover or is all of this automated?

My thought is either this here applies to the whole site or perhaps there's some tinkering with my profile where someone has decided to censor what I am seeing.

I noticed topics disappearing and reappering in the New Topics sidebar and some new topics don't show up there at all. They can be found in the sections they were posted in and weren't deleted. Any idea why this happens? Are they approved for the cover or is all of this automated?

My thought is either this here applies to the whole site or perhaps there's some tinkering with my profile where someone has decided to censor what I am seeing.

It's all automated. Every new thread spawned should be listed. They "roll-off" into the sunset at rates depending on how FAST topics are being posted. As I'm looking at it RIGHT NOW -- There are the TEN LATEST threads. Time on the one about to disappear is "51 minutes ago". So 10 threads per hour is the current rate (or thereabouts).

We are running about 230 threads per day. So they may STAY in the panel either shorter or longer than 1 hour.

BTW -- For me as a moderator -- the timing might be different, because all the moderator generated threads ALSO appear there. Including member generated "Post Reports" that arrive in the Mod "Report Forum".

On the contrary. It seems like the USMB never throws a topic away. The "Tea Party" forum was outdated three years ago/

New Topics

Forum List

Back