New To This Board

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am grateful for the chance to post to a message board. I appreciate the opportunity to articulate my points of view and to see how others view the world.

I am idealogically conservative, but I recognize that not everyone feels the same way. The idea that local governments can be taylored to meet the interests of their consitutuencies is something I think is fundamental to America. For that reason I am huge believer in local control and the 10th amendment. Not to deter government intervention so much as to allow it at different levels depending upon what the local population (and that can be defined as an entire state) is interested in.

While I may not be as versed in history as I would like, I realize that our federal government is vectored in a way that is different from what I believe the founders intended. Not that the founders "trumph". We have definitely changed the way we do things. And if things can change, we can (if we want to) change them to the the type of arrangment we are most interested in (understanding that "we" is as local as "we" can get).

But we should do it in an orderly fashion. We have an electoral process and elected officials. They are the ones, I believe, who are responsible for making those changes. They are accountable to us through the electoral process.

I am not a fan of the courts or the use of the courts to "right the wrongs" of society. Many judges, especially members of the Supreme Court, are not accountable to the people for their decisions.

Enough for my ideology.

When it comes to public debate, I appreciate a well reasonsed argument and try to sort through posts to achieve that. However, I sometimes fall into the same trap I accuse others of and focus on things besides the arguments at hand. I hope to be better disciplined here.

Well,....talk is cheap.

Thanks for letting me post.

Hello Everyone,

I am grateful for the chance to post to a message board. I appreciate the opportunity to articulate my points of view and to see how others view the world.

I am idealogically conservative, but I recognize that not everyone feels the same way. The idea that local governments can be taylored to meet the interests of their consitutuencies is something I think is fundamental to America. For that reason I am huge believer in local control and the 10th amendment. Not to deter government intervention so much as to allow it at different levels depending upon what the local population (and that can be defined as an entire state) is interested in.

While I may not be as versed in history as I would like, I realize that our federal government is vectored in a way that is different from what I believe the founders intended. Not that the founders "trumph". We have definitely changed the way we do things. And if things can change, we can (if we want to) change them to the the type of arrangment we are most interested in (understanding that "we" is as local as "we" can get).

But we should do it in an orderly fashion. We have an electoral process and elected officials. They are the ones, I believe, who are responsible for making those changes. They are accountable to us through the electoral process.

I am not a fan of the courts or the use of the courts to "right the wrongs" of society. Many judges, especially members of the Supreme Court, are not accountable to the people for their decisions.

Enough for my ideology.

When it comes to public debate, I appreciate a well reasonsed argument and try to sort through posts to achieve that. However, I sometimes fall into the same trap I accuse others of and focus on things besides the arguments at hand. I hope to be better disciplined here.

Well,....talk is cheap.

Thanks for letting me post.

Welcome Listening.

Best that you pick a side...and never ever stray from the herd!

Welcome.

remember to keep that mind open.

Grow a thick skin very quickly as many here love to do nothing but sling personal insults.

Dont take them personally they are a lousy debate tactic.

Welcome, Listening, I enjoy the debate in the discussions as well. I find that I can learn quite a bit as to the general attitude of both sides bby paying attention ot the players as the discussions go on. There are a lot of types of personalities here and plenty of support or chanllenge no matter where you stand. "To thine own self be true, and then as follow the night the day, you can be false to no-one." Shakespeare

Welcome.

Grow a thick skin very quickly as many here love to do nothing but sling personal insults.

Thanks.

Actually, one of my problems is getting sucked into that kind of thing. I have been on several boards where it was nothing but a flamefest.

But at the same time, I am glad the moderation is not to strict.

Welcome.

Thanks.

Actually, one of my problems is getting sucked into that kind of thing. I have been on several boards where it was nothing but a flamefest.

You may find - as many of us already have - that TruthDon'tMatter is one of the most closed minded, partisan fools on the board.

Welcome.

howdy

Attachments

• $zzz.jpg
    $zzz.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 67
Welcome.

Let me know how not to take insults personally. I haven't figured that one out yet. And I doubt that few people have, in spite of what they may have to say on the subject.

Welcome.

Thanks.

You may find - as many of us already have - that TruthDon'tMatter is one of the most closed minded, partisan fools on the board.

Welcome.

Here is a classic example of what Truth Matters is talking about.

Thanks.

Welcome.

Yes, despite the fact CG is telling the truth in this case.

Welcome.

Yes, despite the fact CG is telling the truth in this case.

So the "truth" is a defense to bad manners? I don't think so. (Not that I am conceding your opinion as to what is the truth here, BTW.)

Forum List

Back