New Texas border cams

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
The State of Texas has put up some webcams, watching various high-illegal-traffic parts of their border. Check them out, they're live. They update about once per second. And there's a button to click on, to send a message to the Border Patrol in Texas that the camera you're watching is showing something suspicious.

Go to http://www.texasborderwatch.com

Obviously an experimental site. When I first looked yesterday afternoon, some of the webcams didn't work yet. Now they all seem up and running, including a new one that was added as I watched yesterday. But Cameras 7, 8, and 9 all show the view from Camera 7. And a few others show some sun glare, which obscures some of the detail of their views. Guess they still have some bugs to work out.

They want you to sign up (free) to view them. They ask for an email address, and a city and state. Those of you for whom that's too much private info, don't bother going to the site. For those who think border watchers are racist or whatever your latest fib is, go stew in your juices. For the rest of you, it's pretty cool.

Help watch the border for illegal crossings by drugrunners, terrorists, and illegal aliens. The more eyes on the border, the better!

The State of Texas has put up some webcams, watching various high-illegal-traffic parts of their border. Check them out, they're live. They update about once per second. And there's a button to click on, to send a message to the Border Patrol in Texas that the camera you're watching is showing something suspicious.

Go to http://www.texasborderwatch.com

Obviously an experimental site. When I first looked yesterday afternoon, some of the webcams didn't work yet. Now they all seem up and running, including a new one that was added as I watched yesterday. But Cameras 7, 8, and 9 all show the view from Camera 7. And a few others show some sun glare, which obscures some of the detail of their views. Guess they still have some bugs to work out.

They want you to sign up (free) to view them. They ask for an email address, and a city and state. Those of you for whom that's too much private info, don't bother going to the site. For those who think border watchers are racist or whatever your latest fib is, go stew in your juices. For the rest of you, it's pretty cool.

Help watch the border for illegal crossings by drugrunners, terrorists, and illegal aliens. The more eyes on the border, the better!

I saw a train go by on cam 7--Is that suspicious ?

I guess it's better than nothing but they may want to provide a little context for the viewer.

If you see a group of people with backpacks go by, that merits clicking the button. Might just be a Boy Scout troop out on a picnic. But might not be. Or if you see 19 people getting out of an 8-seat van. The Border Patrol will swing by for a look-see.

I wonder if we'll hear any statistics, like "XXX number of illegal aliens caught this month as a result of tips from people watching the cameras on the Texas web site" or something along those lines.

Forum List

Back