New Tesla model gets crappy rating!

Every year, we see more range in the EV's. By 2025 they will match or exceed ICE's in range and cost less for a vehicle of equal quality. And out perform the ICE also. We now have a Democratic government, so we have gone from a fat ass's flap yap for four years and nothing done, to having actual money targeted for improving and repairing the grid.

No, we don't. The best in the world are Formula E.

No change in range. The still only drive one third the distance of an F1 race, and they still require two cars to cover even that short distance.

As opposed to regular cars that never catch fire? You know, the ones with 10 to 40 gallons of explosively flammable fluid?

Never had a car spontaneously explode. EV's do. ICE cars, don't.

Some pointed out that pretty much any major accident with an EV results in a fire, which is true, but the same is true for a ICE powered vehicle.

I give leeway for accident fires. But spintaneous combustion is purely an EV phenomena.

No, we don't. The best in the world are Formula E.

No change in range. The still only drive one third the distance of an F1 race, and they still require two cars to cover even that short distance.

Isn't Formula 1 racing about 190 miles? All Teslas can do much more than that in one charge.

When was the last time here anyone bought a car based on it's 0 to 60 time?

Some pointed out that pretty much any major accident with an EV results in a fire, which is true, but the same is true for a ICE powered vehicle.

I give leeway for accident fires. But spintaneous combustion is purely an EV phenomena.

Purely an EV problem, and purely an isolated one. Very very few EV spontaneously combust. And I am sure there will be a solution. Like there was with the number of fires while refueling ICE cars. They said no smoking and discharge the static.

Isn't Formula 1 racing about 190 miles? All Teslas can do much more than that in one charge.

Formula E races for 55 miles. They have the most advanced batteries, and drive trains, in the EV world.

If you truly want to see where EV range is headed, watch Formula E.

Purely an EV problem, and purely an isolated one. Very very few EV spontaneously combust. And I am sure there will be a solution. Like there was with the number of fires while refueling ICE cars. They said no smoking and discharge the static.

Yes, it is a pure EV problem, and no. It will always be a problem. Electrical systems have been perfected worldwide for your homes, and electrical fires still occur.

It's the nature of the beast. Electric systems work perfectly till they don't. But when they fail, the cascade is so fast that there is little that can be done to stop it.

Mitigation consists of limiting the damage to as small an area as possible.

A detached garage for EV charging is a good idea.

I would never charge an EV in my attached garage.

I never have. But I like the idea of instant speed that feels like a ride at 6 Flags.

EV's in general are faster over the quarter mile than an ICE powered car. Beyond the quarter mile though, and the ICE takes over.

EV's in general are faster over the quarter mile than an ICE powered car. Beyond the quarter mile though, and the ICE takes over.
I would consider an EV in the future and the 0 -60 time isn't even on the list of considerations.

Already have batteries that do not do that. Do try to keep up, old man.

When was the last time here anyone bought a car based on it's 0 to 60 time?
When was the last time that an auto manufacturer had their entire production sold out into the middle of the next year? When was the last time a manufacturer had a vehicle that was not even yet produced sold out of 5 years. LOL People are not buying Tesla's and other EV's on their 0 to 60 time, they are buying them on their utility and overall performance.

Like it or not, they are here. They just aren't very good. The only reason why they still exist is government mandate, and government subsidy.
You remain such a silly liar. Ford and Tesla have both sold out their EV's well into the future of their production. And the Tesla's have been selling out all their production when they were not getting a subsidy.

Which proves Democrats are much better educated and wiser than Trumpanzees. LOL
On what? The fairy tale of electric vehicles??? Once upon a time, all the USA was made to ride in electric powered vehicles....that had no power.....

When was the last time that an auto manufacturer had their entire production sold out into the middle of the next year? When was the last time a manufacturer had a vehicle that was not even yet produced sold out of 5 years. LOL People are not buying Tesla's and other EV's on their 0 to 60 time, they are buying them on their utility and overall performance.
Only uberrich Dims are buying them since they are unaffordable.

Forum List

Back