New system great for desktops.....Horrible for android....

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Trying to enter this forum from my android started to be a nightmare a few months ago when I was drowned out by ad campaigns. To fix it I went over to firefox which helped immensely. Now we have a totally new format that is just about unworkable on the android. It's choppy....jumpy....constantly fights with you when you're trying to type...insanely off centered page wise and prone to turtle down out of sight any time you touch the screen. A short, simple post that should take less than 30 seconds now takes five minutes.

I will say however that this is superior for sit down computers....I actually like the layout as it relates to seeing the whole of the thread and the order of the replies. Phones however are the new desktops....I think you should all get out your phones...... developers and directors of this board I'm talking to you....then try to post in the forums from your androids. Until you do that you will not know the catastrophe that it has become.

JO

working on my android

What android system are you using?

JO
8.0 on a moto

Hmmm....perhaps that is my problem.... I'm using 7.1 and the experience is dreadful. Right now I'm typing on my desktop. On the phone however the screen is constantly on the move....doesn't stay still for a second and quite often fades out to other parts of the site without even being prompted.

JO

Trying to enter this forum from my android started to be a nightmare a few months ago when I was drowned out by ad campaigns. To fix it I went over to firefox which helped immensely. Now we have a totally new format that is just about unworkable on the android. It's choppy....jumpy....constantly fights with you when you're trying to type...insanely off centered page wise and prone to turtle down out of sight any time you touch the screen. A short, simple post that should take less than 30 seconds now takes five minutes.

I will say however that this is superior for sit down computers....I actually like the layout as it relates to seeing the whole of the thread and the order of the replies. Phones however are the new desktops....I think you should all get out your phones...... developers and directors of this board I'm talking to you....then try to post in the forums from your androids. Until you do that you will not know the catastrophe that it has become.

JO
They said that a decade ago, guess what? It still hasn't happened....... Market share percentages have remained flat.

JO
They said that a decade ago, guess what? It still hasn't happened....... Market share percentages have remained flat.
working on my android

What android system are you using?

JO
8.0 on a moto

Hmmm....perhaps that is my problem.... I'm using 7.1
i like the new system because it seems faster and i dont get near as many popups.
I dont like it because i make mistakes, and havnt figured out how to edit my posts yet.

After you post you will see a ... after the Report button ...it's a drop down list with Edit as an option.
Not sure how long it stays up.

JO

Last edited:
I"m on desktop, and I hate it
With no blogs, advertisements, store, and other economic based stuff being used here, that PAID forum software normally use to justify the cost, how come they still use xenforo anyway? A very expensive software....., that has to be paid for on a yearly basis or some other package.

So far you could have everything you need here with a FREE forum software...…, where you get gobs of FREE add ons (Mods) to meet every need, that includes smiley packages. Themes are free too, can even allow for members to CHOSE from a list of themes posted by the owner, for their individual use.

I have owned about 10 forums over the years, ALL of them using FREE forum software, have used phpBB3, Simple Machines, myBB (my favorite), Kunena, bbPRESS..... They each have their strengths and weaknesses. myBB and Simple Machines forum software are a joy for Moderators, while phpBB3 sucks. Kunena (Joomla) is far better than bbPRESS (wordpress), which is surprising.

WordPress blog is far better than Joomla blog, but is the reverse for Forum software, which is a bummer since Fully activated Kunena forum is good as a forum by itself. I have used ALL four in the past. Yes I used to have WordPress blog, with a Forum on the side. Was administrator on a Joomla set up including the Kunena forum, which I ran for the owners, but was stupidly kept hidden from the public, which is why It never gained traction with traffic flow.

phpBB3 is a wildly overrated forum software, try setting up the Moderation protocol is a nightmare (click, click, click, click, click, and more clicks, for every moderation set up, in each section of the forum) while it is easy in myBB, and Simple Machines forums. Simple Machine even allows for THREAD only Moderators!

Heck I could NOT make someone be an administrator in phpBB3 (using the full administrator permission set up) had to use the Global Moderator moderation set up too, to make the administrator designation to work, that took me a full day to figure out this absurd requirement.

I am ok on this set up, better than the old one despite the lower quality smiley pack and post ratings here.

Last edited:
I"m on desktop, and I hate it

What do you miss about the old system that is lacking in this one? Serious question not trying to
challenge you.

JO

The link to the prepper forum at the bottom of the page.

I used to like to log on to the site and rattle their cages and interrupt their counting how many grains of rice they have on hand for "the big one". It was especially funny as of late; prepared for anything--except running out of toilet paper.

Forum List

Back