New Rule...

T-Bor

May 24, 2006
Now this is one new rule I really like...and I totally agree with the Valerie Plame assessment at the end. One big :clap2: for this video. Enjoy

http://newsbusters.org/static/2007/03/2007-03-23Maher.wmv

BILL MAHER, HOST OF HBO’S “REAL TIME”: New Rule – Traitors don’t get to question my patriotism. What could be less patriotic than constantly screwing things up for America? You know, it’s literally hard to keep up with the sheer volume of scandals in the Bush administration. Which is why I like to download the latest scandals right onto my IPod. That way, I can catch up on this week’s giant f**k up on my drive into work.

In fact, Bush has so many scandals he could open a chain of “Bush Scandal and F**k Up” theme restaurants. Hmmm, should I get the Harriet Miers Meatloaf, or the Katrina Crabcakes?

You know, not to generalize, but the 29 percent of people who still support President Bush are the ones who love to pronounce themselves more patriotic than the rest of us. But just saying you're patriotic is like saying you have a big c**k. If you have to say it, chances are it’s not true. And indeed, the Party that flatters itself that they protect America better is the Party that has exhausted the military, left the ports wide open, and purposely outed a CIA agent, Valerie Plame. That’s not treason anymore, outing a spy? Did I mention it was one of our spies?

And how despicable that Bush’s lackeys attempted to diminish this crime by belittling her service like she was just some chick who hung around the CIA. An intern really. Groupie if you want to be mean about it. No. Big lie. Valerie Plame was the CIA’s operational officer in charge of counter-proliferation. Which means she tracked loose nukes. So, when Bush said, as he once did, that his absolute, number one priority was preventing terrorists from getting loose nukes, okay, that’s what she worked on. That’s what she devoted her life to. Staying undercover for 20 years. Maintaining two identities every God-damned day. This is extraordinary service to your country. Valerie Plame was the kind of real life secret agent George Bush dreams of being when he’s not too busy pretending to be a cowboy or a fighter pilot.

CIA agents are troops. This was a military assassination of one of our own done through the press, ordered by Karl Rove. He said of Valerie Plame, quote, “She’s fair game,” and then Cheney shot her.

George Bush likes to claim that he doesn’t question his critics’ patriotism, just their judgment. Well, let me be the first of your critics, Mr. President, to question your judgment and your patriotism. Because let’s not forget why they did it to her. Because Valerie Plame was married to this guy Joe Wilson who the Bush people hated because he busted them on one of their bulls**t reasons for invading Iraq. He was sent to the African country of Niger to see if Niger was selling nuclear fuel to Iraq. They weren’t. It was bulls**t. And he said so. In fact, his report was called, “Niger, Please.”

Valerie Plame’s husband told the truth about their lies, so they were willing to jeopardize an entire network of spies to ruin her life. Wow. Even the mob doesn’t go after your family.

Mark Twain said, “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” And I say Valerie Plame is a patriot because she spent her life serving her country. Scooter Libby is not because he spent his life serving Dick Cheney. Valerie Plame kept her secrets. The Bush administration leaked like the plumbing at Walter Reed.

Sure you can...now that her cover has been blown. Go right ahead. Hell lets just give a whole list of all CIA employees to our enemies covert or not. Im sure our enemies would love to know what they know.

So we can't talk about a low-level CIA staffer who isn't covert and whose employer is common knowledge around the beltway?

Gotcha.

And how despicable that Bush’s lackeys attempted to diminish this crime by belittling her service like she was just some chick who hung around the CIA. An intern really. Groupie if you want to be mean about it

--- Bill Mahr

So we can't talk about a low-level CIA staffer who isn't covert and whose employer is common knowledge around the beltway?

Gotcha.

The current head of the CIA personally approved the text of the opening statement by rep. Waxman at the recent committee hearing. In that testimony, the statement was made that Valerie Plame was undercover.

SO...who are we to believe? The Director of Central Intelligence in a republican administration, or a koolaid soaked partisan HACK like snowman?

Me? I am going to go with the former.

How can NOVAK still have a job?

How can people be upset with the NYT for printing about the 'Illegal Wire-tapping', but no one has said a word against Novak?
Except for The Daily Show, they really hate Novak. and they should.

Gotcha.

Sorry...Bush appointed DCI General Michael V. Hayden stated, in no uncertain terms, that Valerie Plame's identity WAS classified until Robert Novak published his little piece of White House payback.

<center><h1><font color= red>GOTCHA!!!</font></h1></center>

Don't pay attention to Snowman - he's a shit disturber without an ounce of originality...Yo snowman I thought jew boys were smarter than that? :razz:

Maher is awesome, I watch him all the time.
ugly bastard though.....

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Go on the Bill Maher message board, there's all sorts of weirdos there who think he's hot :rofl:

You people still trying to turn that into a scandal?

Sure ignore the fact that covert operative has a legal definition that Valerie Plame doesnt fit

Ignore the fact that everyone in the Beltway knew who the heck she was prior to the "leaking"

Ignore the fact that the leak, Armitage, is well known and cant be prosecuted because he didnt break the law.

Ignore the fact that the President has authority to declassify information if he so chooses.

Ignore the fact that this was all caused because Joe Wilson lied about his trip to Niger.

Ignore it all. Cause its obvious you don't care about the truth. All you care about is making it look like President Bush is guilty of all these scandals. He is a complete and utter moron, but apparently he isnt stupid enough to leave any sort of evidence that would marginally support your conclusions.

The fact is you guys are bitter and angry because He was elected. You cant stand the fact that someone who disagrees with your horrendous policies could possibly be elected because you have such disdain for the people of this nation that "you know better" than they do.

Enjoy your fantasy world while you can. The world is changing quickly and those who arent awake yet, will wake up soon or they are going to be destroyed in the tsunami of destruction that is going to happen otherwise.

Ignore the fact that this was all caused because Joe Wilson lied about his trip to Niger.---Ignore it all. Cause its obvious you don't care about the truth. All you care about is making it look like President Bush is guilty of all these scandals. He is a complete and utter moron, but apparently he isnt stupid enough to leave any sort of evidence that would marginally support your conclusions.

Lied?

I think maybe you REALLY need to watch these.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/darkside/view/

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/pentagon/view/

After reading this, I think it's you who is living in a fantasy world and ignoring facts. Just the mere fact you're minimizing the severity of this speaks volumes...extremely shameful. I bet you wouldn't be singing the same tune if it were Clinton were was the president when this happened.

Sure ignore the fact that covert operative has a legal definition that Valerie Plame doesnt fit

Ignore the fact that everyone in the Beltway knew who the heck she was prior to the "leaking"

Ignore the fact that the leak, Armitage, is well known and cant be prosecuted because he didnt break the law.

Ignore the fact that the President has authority to declassify information if he so chooses.

Ignore the fact that this was all caused because Joe Wilson lied about his trip to Niger.

Ignore it all. Cause its obvious you don't care about the truth. All you care about is making it look like President Bush is guilty of all these scandals. He is a complete and utter moron, but apparently he isnt stupid enough to leave any sort of evidence that would marginally support your conclusions.

The fact is you guys are bitter and angry because He was elected. You cant stand the fact that someone who disagrees with your horrendous policies could possibly be elected because you have such disdain for the people of this nation that "you know better" than they do.

Enjoy your fantasy world while you can. The world is changing quickly and those who arent awake yet, will wake up soon or they are going to be destroyed in the tsunami of destruction that is going to happen otherwise.

After reading this, I think it's you who is living in a fantasy world and ignoring facts. Just the mere fact you're minimizing the severity of this speaks volumes...extremely shameful. I bet you wouldn't be singing the same tune if it were Clinton were was the president when this happened.

If Clinton were charged with this, Avatar would be singing the other tune.

Please, neither side is objective...conservatives less so.

Don't confuse the conservative ideology with people who claim to be conservative.

Conservativism less objecitve than liberalism? You've got to be kidding. Part of the definition of liberalism is emotion overiding objectivity. the opposite is true of conservativism.

Don't confuse the conservative ideology with people who claim to be conservative.

Conservativism less objecitve than liberalism? You've got to be kidding. Part of the definition of liberalism is emotion overiding objectivity. the opposite is true of conservativism.

Well the s behind conservative and liberal indicates plurality which implies that you weren't talking about the ideology but the people who supposedly subscribe to the ideology...nice attempt at a spin though.

I'll take the word of the DCIA over any right wing-nut, freeper blog any day of the week. Sorry, you lose.

New Topics

Forum List

Back