New report ranks Mexifornia dead LAST in ‘quality of life’...weird?

and god bless ya.....but there are people who happen to like snow and cold weather and like seeing the trees change with the seasons and many of them would take that over California any day....just sayin....
We don't live in mars northern California is just like what you described. People wish thry can live here but most can' afford it.
Don't lie to yourself , most people would give anything for a nice weather
. I never heard of someone go for a honeymoon to cincinatti or montana.
issa its nice that you love california but lets not get over zealous of the place,cal has plenty of problems,it is no were near how it was last century...if you live in a nice affluent area and can afford it,then you are lucky,because many of your fellow Californians are not loving life like you are and probably have a very different view of the state...
I work with people from low income areas, I go there on regular basis. Heard no one wants to move to another state. Intact most know that there are less jobs and less opportunities in most states. Way too many job opportunities in California, I live here and see it on daily basis.
oh bullshit....take the California flag out of your ass....i delivered mail there for 33 years and seen many people leave the state for other opportunities elsewhere....i recorded many change of addresses for businesses and people leaving because they retired and could no longer afford to live there....and californias politicians should be ashamed of themselves when retirees who worked and paid taxes there all their lives have to move because its too expensive to retire there unless of course you are wealthy... ..

You are making that assessment based from delivering letters in one particular area? How so?
You are making your assessments based from your income but there are millions of people that makes far more than you. That enjoy life and will never live Ca.

You don’t get involved in any businesses opportunities, community developments, construction developments, city or county planning..... None of those. You don’t even live here..... Yet you keep ?????

As I said repeatedly..... I know lots of people like you that moved to Texas, Nevada and Arizona but most regret the move because of 1. Missed their families. 2. Weather.
Some are back living in apartments or with their kids.

Business and job opportunities here in Ca is better than any states.
You are making that assessment based from delivering letters in one particular area?
as i have already stated....unlike you i lived in Anaheim for 50 years and delivered mail for 33 years to all 7 zip codes.....i know this city and its areas pretty well,much better than you im sure...
You don’t get involved in any businesses opportunities, community developments, construction developments, city or county planning
how the hell do you know what i have or havent been involved in?....

issa its nice that you love california but lets not get over zealous of the place,cal has plenty of problems,it is no were near how it was last century...if you live in a nice affluent area and can afford it,then you are lucky,because many of your fellow Californians are not loving life like you are and probably have a very different view of the state...
I work with people from low income areas, I go there on regular basis. Heard no one wants to move to another state. Intact most know that there are less jobs and less opportunities in most states. Way too many job opportunities in California, I live here and see it on daily basis.
oh bullshit....take the California flag out of your ass....i delivered mail there for 33 years and seen many people leave the state for other opportunities elsewhere....i recorded many change of addresses for businesses and people leaving because they retired and could no longer afford to live there....and californias politicians should be ashamed of themselves when retirees who worked and paid taxes there all their lives have to move because its too expensive to retire there unless of course you are wealthy... ..
People sell their houses and buy somewhere else and save more money that way. you can easily buy a decent home for an affordable price outside the big cities.
So you are just bitter you can't afford retiring here. You should've got more education or learned a skill that pays more than a government job. If I did me and thousands of other immigrants you could also.
you dont know shit about me.....i sold a 4-plex i bought in 1984 for $82,000 and sold it 3 years ago for $820,000...and it was paid off....and i had 4 units i rented out for inflated california rent prices for 30 years...and that doesnt include my house i sold for around 400,000...plus a few other investments i made years ago plus my retirement which is a lot better than SS.....im worth right now in the 7 figures so take your i cant afford to live here shit and shove it up your ass....take the california flag out first so you dont hurt yourself....

1. You made that fortune because of California. Why do you keep trashing Ca? If not for Ca. Can you make that elsewhere? Normal people are very thankful.

2. You now said you now have that money and yet you cannot afford to live here.

3. You move out of Ca because you want to save tax.
4. You are worried crowded cities like anaheim but there are tons of cities here that are not crowded.
5. You bragging your money and yet you cannot afford to retire here.

Why even bother to keep bragging your money.

I paid far more taxes than how much you made you made in your entire life including your $820k. But it’s not something I brag around.
charwin you ask the same question over and over again to things that have already been answered...i already stated why i left the state....and yes i could afford to retire there pretty damned easily.....and once again for about the 3rd time i aint bragging about my money,i was responding to something issa said....maybe if you would read the previous posts you would know....

Why did you leave?
i got sick and tired of the place,the congestion,every place you go the streets had cars up the yin yang....even on weekends the 5 and 91 freeways were packed and in certain places just about stopped,and back in the 90's when they widened and built a few new freeways to hopefully alleviate this,did not help much.....but then with people constantly coming in,its to be expected.....plus the neighborhood my 4-plex was in,which is in the Disneyland "sphere", went from upper middle class in the 70's to lower middle class this century.....before the housing bubble the place was priced at $950,000....went down into the 600 thousands....when it went back up to were it was when i sold it and i had retired me and the wife decided lets get out before anything else happens....so we left....were i am at now....a lot less people....the freeways at rush hour have maybe 20-30 cars,plus i get to look at mountains which are maybe 3 miles from the house....

Cajalco, Temecula, Murrieta, Perris, Hemet, Lake Elsinore, Moreno Valley, big bear, mammoth areas, Rancho Cucamonga, Beaumont etc etc etc etc with new communities and brand new houses still affordable and are not CROWDED.
Yet you move to Nevada.
charwin why dont you move to one of those cities?....and just as an example to prove you dont look at things before you throw things up here....the population of temecula has doubled what it was in 2000 so much for not being crowded....and its still growing,and ill tell you what you go live in hemet and its gang problems,my mother-in-law lived there....not a very attractive area....

So?

Why you guys are so jealous? Opening topics every minute about the ultra blue state, tells me that you guys are so jealous.
California produces a sizable majority of many American fruits, vegetables, and nuts: 99 percent of artichokes, 99 percent of walnuts, 97 percent of kiwis, 97 percent of plums, 95 percent of celery, 95 percent of garlic, 89 percent of cauliflower, 71 percent of spinach, and 69 percent of carrots (and the list goes on and on).
Jealous? That's hilarious!

We've already been through the list of produce items grown in California and established the fact that all of them can be obtained elsewhere.

Discussion of the proof that California is a shithole might save a good American the pain of moving there only to find that it does not possess the great standard of living that it claims to offer.
Till other states do produce their own food spare us the jealousy.
California is the best state, you like it or you don't.
I have no jealousy regarding California.

I get my dates from Egypt and Saudi Arabia, my figs from Turkey, my peaches from Georgia, my corn from Iowa, my eggs and whole milk from a local farmer, my blueberries from Maine, my vegetables from any one of three local Farmer's Markets or one a few miles away that has the best tomatoes from Florida, my beef from Texas or Nebraska, my pork from Arkansas, my wine from Germany, France or Australia, my single malt scotch from Scotland, my cars from Japan, my clothes from various countries.....and so on.

I depend on California for absolutely NOTHING other than to provide Congress with batshit crazy, professional politicians.

Really?
So you go to groceries all over US looking for those produce by other countries?
Can you tell me how you were able to accomplish that?

Where do you really live?
Fool! Go to any Kroger, Ingles, Wal-Mart, Sunflower...you will find imported produce. Order on line. Go to a local Farmer's Market....within a few miles.

Each time you post, you strengthen the argument that you may be totally brain dead. I enjoy enlightening readers.

Bullshit.... So you go to groceries looking for those foreign produce? If you shop online you specifically look produce from other countries? Then ignore Ca produce. Dude you have a problem.

Let me repeat it again to enlighten how stupid fuck are you.
California produce enormous fruits and vegetables but we cannot support the entire nation. So we buy them from other places like Mexico to feed the rest of the nation. Stick that to your dumbass brain.

Like always you are full of shit.

Hang on to that fantasy if it makes ya feel better. But the Communists/Democrats are destroying that once great state. It now leads the nation in poverty. And that's the way the Democratic Party wants it.

The Party thrives on mass discontent. It needs more Citizens in poverty and fully dependent on Government. Californians are just experiencing the Communist Agenda. I feel for em. But then again, i kinda don't. They got what they supported.
All I see is millions of people coming from all over the world and the US and are here to work. Contrary to the red states where most of you haters live, sitting In front of a computer hating on the best state in the union.
millions?....those freeways will never move....the 91 and the 5 was always crowded no matter what time of day,after all those MILLIONS settle in i can see it becoming a 5 mile an hour freeway...

91 fwy just completed middle of last year and made 14 lanes. Shows you don’t know what you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14 lanes were?....not were i lived not enough room...when i left they had just widened it to 4 lanes on each side up in the anaheim hills and that still wasnt enough ....maybe you dont know what you are talking about mr part timer...

Really? I traveled all over Ca and the rest of the country as part of my business visiting customers (hospitals).
How can you possibly know what is going on here when you live in Nevada?

I can assure you 100% I know far better than you about Ca.
We can start all over this bullshit again if you want.

You probably don’t even know about 241 and 133 freeway cutting off 91 fwy.

91 Freeway expansion project finally completed
so were are the 14 lanes you talked about?.....that the construction they were doing when i lived there,that i already mentioned,no 14 laner though....and yea i know about toll roads and the 241 and 133....now pay attention....the freeways i have been bitching about are were i lived....do you got that or should i have to explain it to you more?...

Maybe you ought to explore outside of your trailer park.

I have visited 40 states and believe me.....California is in the top 5 in terms of quality of life

Enormous diversity, culture, exciting cities, some of our best National Parks

The OP is just a hit piece
RW california is no longer like it was in the 60's,70's and even the 80's...lots of areas are going downhill,the wealthy areas are still great,try the not so wealthy areas....and many of those areas were ok 30 years ago,now not so great....

The same thing where you live in Nevada right now. In the 60s to 80s to 90s............ today. Nevada like Las Vegas has high crime areas and homelessness. They were not the same like it used to be. Correct?
You move to a less populated area in Nevada now you are making this glorified comparison.
If you move to eastern part of Anaheim there are no congestion with affordable housing.
Meaning any place you go in this world there are no such thing as the same like in the 60s, 70s, 80s ....... to 2018. That is impossible.
affordable housing in east anaheim?.... yea you know what your talking about charwin....and yes there is still congestion....dont forget dumbass unlike you i not only lived in that city i delivered mail in every zip code.....i know were the shit is and were the 6-700 thousand dollar homes are....

Let me rephrase that East of Anaheim not eastern part of Anaheim.
East of Anaheim is a very large place from Corona all the way east those are not congested. This proved you are ignorant as always and full of bullshit.

You are only delivery person making a peasant income that doesn’t qualify you to make that kind of assessments in this state. You are full shit.
i have been in corona numbnuts...i bet you would not live there....

Last edited:
So?

Why you guys are so jealous? Opening topics every minute about the ultra blue state, tells me that you guys are so jealous.
California produces a sizable majority of many American fruits, vegetables, and nuts: 99 percent of artichokes, 99 percent of walnuts, 97 percent of kiwis, 97 percent of plums, 95 percent of celery, 95 percent of garlic, 89 percent of cauliflower, 71 percent of spinach, and 69 percent of carrots (and the list goes on and on).

We've already been through the list of produce items grown in California and established the fact that all of them can be obtained elsewhere.

Discussion of the proof that California is a shithole might save a good American the pain of moving there only to find that it does not possess the great standard of living that it claims to offer.
and im sure people who live in other states love their state too....not all people enjoy 80 degrees all year long,some people like seeing the different seasons...i know i was shocked too...

That’s the difference between you people and us. We love our states but we don’t trash other states.
Do you want me to trash your newly adopted state of Nevada?

I can pick in the worst place in Nevada or Texas or Alaska etc etc.
charwin i can give a flying fuck if you trash nevada....i paid taxes in California for 50 fucking years,and i will say what i want about that state,if you cant handle that,tough shit...you only high lite the good parts of the state,and when someone brings up the bad parts you start with your California bullshit.....California takes care of their wealthy over the "regular" people,something you wont admit....

You don’t give a fuck trashing Nevada but you have the guts trashing Ca which you really don’t know shit about Ca.

As always you don’t know what you are talking about.
How the hell you came up we only take care the wealthy and not the regular people?

I have visited 40 states and believe me.....California is in the top 5 in terms of quality of life

Enormous diversity, culture, exciting cities, some of our best National Parks

The OP is just a hit piece
RW california is no longer like it was in the 60's,70's and even the 80's...lots of areas are going downhill,the wealthy areas are still great,try the not so wealthy areas....and many of those areas were ok 30 years ago,now not so great....

Which areas of California are 'going down?'
ever been to Bell?....how about El Centro?....El Monte?....Hawaiian Gardens?... Garden Grove?....Stanton?.....i can name a whole bunch more but it would take to much time....even Disneyland built a wall along West Street to keep the tourist from seeing the drug infestation that the apt complex on the other side of the street had become....and they even offered to upgrade the place at their and the cities and others expense....and the residents turned them down....

What place in Nevada do you live?
do have dementia?.....in our other threads i have said were....go back and review....

Let me repeat it again. Where do you live in Nevada?

You told me where you live somewhere in Orange County ( Anaheim/Fullerton). If the quality of life is that bad here . Tell me why they are building these new houses right in your area? With WAITING list.

New houses and developments are all over Ca. Never seen like this before.

New Homes in Anaheim, CA | 1,098 New Homes | NewHomeSource

New Homes in Fullerton, CA | 1,188 New Homes | NewHomeSource

Go back a few years, somewhere near 2000, the tech sector was booming. Many people opened individual accounts at places like Charles Swab...and making money hand over fist. Until the 10-20% daily returns were not consistent, then they turned south. Unfortunately for some it took months for them to realize the dot-com bust was picking up more steam. Same concept with houses. You may notice a lot of the new housing in Orange County is high-density housing....being sold at single detached housing prices. Much cheaper to build, much better return on investment (for the builder).

So what happened to the lowest quality of life in California? In your area alone is just minor developments compared to San Bernardino, Riverside and San Diego counties developments.

The reason I keep posting these new houses....... That proved who ever created that BS is totally wrong.

If it’s really that bad then we should not see any new houses, new buildings and new shopping centers all over Ca.
California is booming more than any other states. Yet I see all these negativities.
People are just jealous.

It’s Russian fake news. They literally made up this stat that overplays housing costs just to slander California.

It’s really laughable to claim California is behind red state Bible Belt shitholes when it comes to quality of life !

Weird...do people always migrate away from such awesome places?

San Francisco is losing more residents than any other city in the US, creating a shortage of U-Hauls that puts a rental at $2,000 just to move to Las Vegas
San Francisco is losing more residents than any other city in the US, creating a shortage of U-Hauls that puts a rental at $2,000 just to move to Las Vegas

How can real estate prices be so high in California if no one wants to live there?
look at some of the run down houses built in the 50's that they sell for 3-400 thousand and then ask youself that....

Hmmm, that’s so weird...I wonder why those cities are armpits of the mother shithole?
2741.jpg

2539.jpg

2738.jpg
Then again, there are San Fran and San Diego...two of the most beautiful cities in America

Few states have cities that rival them

Hey, ones perception is ones reality....right?

San Francisco Declared One Of World’s Filthiest Slums
San Francisco Declared One Of World’s Filthiest Slums
San Francisco
san-fransisco-third-world-hellhole-678x381.jpg

San Diego
homeless-crisis-on-the-coas9.jpg

What a miserable place and life in San Diego, La Jolla, Palm Springs, Ca....... Poor Californians.

Top 10 must-sees in San Diego

La Jolla Stock Photos and Pictures | Getty Images

La Jolla Photos - Featured Images of La Jolla, San Diego - TripAdvisor

La Jolla San Diego Luxury Homes For Sale - 268 Homes | Zillow

Palm Springs CA Luxury Homes For Sale - 804 Homes | Zillow
anyone can show nice pictures of the wealthy areas....

WTF, apparently there are a lot of people that have never been to California.
and there are a lot who live there but for some reason dont want to admit that that type of shit is happening....

Sorry but I don't wanna live ina cold place. Shorts and t shirt all year long. I can run on the beach whenever I can.
and god bless ya.....but there are people who happen to like snow and cold weather and like seeing the trees change with the seasons and many of them would take that over California any day....just sayin....
We don't live in mars northern California is just like what you described. People wish thry can live here but most can' afford it.
issa its nice that you love california but lets not get over zealous of the place,cal has plenty of problems,it is no were near how it was last century...if you live in a nice affluent area and can afford it,then you are lucky,

**** because many of your fellow Californians are not loving life like you are and probably have a very different view of the state...

**** Explain how you came up with that conclusion?

geezus you either cant grasp English or you or just dense....if you are unemployed and maybe have been for a few years and cant feed your family....you just might not be loving life and just might have a different view of the quality of life in California...if you knew poor people you might understand this....

Of course I know lots of poor people. Unemployment is 5% economy is booming I can’t complain.
Of course there are poor people like any other states like Nevada.
California is not perfect but I can assure you it’s far better than any other states like Nevada.

and im sure people who live in other states love their state too....not all people enjoy 80 degrees all year long,some people like seeing the different seasons...i know i was shocked too...

That’s the difference between you people and us. We love our states but we don’t trash other states.
Do you want me to trash your newly adopted state of Nevada?

I can pick in the worst place in Nevada or Texas or Alaska etc etc.
charwin i can give a flying fuck if you trash nevada....i paid taxes in California for 50 fucking years,and i will say what i want about that state,if you cant handle that,tough shit...you only high lite the good parts of the state,and when someone brings up the bad parts you start with your California bullshit.....California takes care of their wealthy over the "regular" people,something you wont admit....

You don’t give a fuck trashing Nevada but you have the guts trashing Ca which you really don’t know shit about Ca.

As always you don’t know what you are talking about.
How the hell you came up we only take care the wealthy and not the regular people?
im trashing california for sticking up for the people in the counties who are struggling?...typical wealthy guys reaction....thats not called trashing chartwin...thats called telling the truth...now go ahead and say how much produce cal produces....

On the off chance someone might care, the 'quality of life' category was just one of many categories.

That's true, a score of 43 on fiscal responsibility and 46 for opportunity makes that quality of life feel like...well...like a nothing burger.

issa its nice that you love california but lets not get over zealous of the place,cal has plenty of problems,it is no were near how it was last century...if you live in a nice affluent area and can afford it,then you are lucky,

**** because many of your fellow Californians are not loving life like you are and probably have a very different view of the state...

**** Explain how you came up with that conclusion?

geezus you either cant grasp English or you or just dense....if you are unemployed and maybe have been for a few years and cant feed your family....you just might not be loving life and just might have a different view of the quality of life in California...if you knew poor people you might understand this....

Of course I know lots of poor people. Unemployment is 5% economy is booming I can’t complain.
Of course there are poor people like any other states like Nevada.
California is not perfect but I can assure you it’s far better than any other states like Nevada.
yea your doing great,cal unemployment at 5%.....what about the 17 counties that are 2 to 10 points above that?....are they part of the state too?....

My friends and relatives living in CA (where I lived for 40 years) are always posting these photos of sunsets along the beaches. I told them about this study and how crappy it is to live in Ca... they posted more pictures of sunsets, In-And-Out Burger, surfing, skiing, Yosemite, Tahoe... yuck, who can stand that.
have them show you some pictures of Bell,Pico Rivera and Hawaiian Gardens and many other inland cities....ask them if they want to live there....

Yes I’m very familiar with those cities are also booming with major construction going on all over the place. What’s the problem?

How about these places in Las Vegas? Remember Nevada population has only 3 millions compared to Ca of 40 millions.

Hidden homeless live in underground Las Vegas tunnels

More Las Vegas homeless living without shelter, census shows – Las Vegas Review-Journal

Southern Nevada among nation’s highest in homeless population – Las Vegas Review-Journal

These Are The 10 Poorest Cities In Nevada
no shit charwin....everybody has homeless people...and this has nothing to do with what was being talked about does it?....would you live in one of those cities i mentioned? i bet you would not even consider moving to one of them.......i dont give a fuck if they are building a few new houses,those cities are not that great to live in....and i know you know that...

I know what I’m talking about but you don’t. I know there are homeless all over Ca and Nevada is not immune.

Of course I will not live in those cities because I have higher standards but that has nothing to do with we are talking about.
The reason why I keep posting new houses that is to proved that Ca is booming all over .
You mentioned Bell and Hawaiian Gardens....... Here is a proof to show you that you don’t know what you are talking about.

New Homes in Bell Gardens, CA | 691 New Homes | NewHomeSource

{{pageMeta.$current.og_title}}

New Construction Homes and Floor Plans in Hawaiian Gardens, CA | NewHomeSource

Which areas of California are 'going down?'
ever been to Bell?....how about El Centro?....El Monte?....Hawaiian Gardens?... Garden Grove?....Stanton?.....i can name a whole bunch more but it would take to much time....even Disneyland built a wall along West Street to keep the tourist from seeing the drug infestation that the apt complex on the other side of the street had become....and they even offered to upgrade the place at their and the cities and others expense....and the residents turned them down....

Wage disparity with costs have caused homelessness. Take a look at housing costs in the areas you listed.

FYI - There has been a wall around Disneyland since it's inception.
FYI - There has been a wall around Disneyland since it's inception
not like the one on west street in some places its 40 ft high and built i believe in the early 90's for the reasons i stated...........and Disneyland had many fences on its borders not walls until the one i mentioned.....

We go Disneyland almost every 4th of July. There is a big reason why there is 40 ft wall.
Explain why do you think that 40 ft wall is something a negative to you.
do you read the previous posts?.....or do you just see something and post?..i already explained why Disney threw up that wall along Walnut street...

Let me repeat it again. Why do you think that 40 ft Wall is something a negative to you?

My friends and relatives living in CA (where I lived for 40 years) are always posting these photos of sunsets along the beaches. I told them about this study and how crappy it is to live in Ca... they posted more pictures of sunsets, In-And-Out Burger, surfing, skiing, Yosemite, Tahoe... yuck, who can stand that.
have them show you some pictures of Bell,Pico Rivera and Hawaiian Gardens and many other inland cities....ask them if they want to live there....

Yes I’m very familiar with those cities are also booming with major construction going on all over the place. What’s the problem?

How about these places in Las Vegas? Remember Nevada population has only 3 millions compared to Ca of 40 millions.

Hidden homeless live in underground Las Vegas tunnels

More Las Vegas homeless living without shelter, census shows – Las Vegas Review-Journal

Southern Nevada among nation’s highest in homeless population – Las Vegas Review-Journal

These Are The 10 Poorest Cities In Nevada
no shit charwin....everybody has homeless people...and this has nothing to do with what was being talked about does it?....would you live in one of those cities i mentioned? i bet you would not even consider moving to one of them.......i dont give a fuck if they are building a few new houses,those cities are not that great to live in....and i know you know that...

I know what I’m talking about but you don’t. I know there are homeless all over Ca and Nevada is not immune.

Of course I will not live in those cities because I have higher standards but that has nothing to do with we are talking about.
The reason why I keep posting new houses that is to proved that Ca is booming all over .
You mentioned Bell and Hawaiian Gardens....... Here is a proof to show you that you don’t know what you are talking about.

New Homes in Bell Gardens, CA | 691 New Homes | NewHomeSource

New Construction Homes and Floor Plans in Hawaiian Gardens, CA | NewHomeSource

LOL...Bell and Hawaiian Gardens...LOL....yeah, your link doesn't show any new houses in Hawaiian Gardens. Buena Park is a few miles away, Bellflower is a few miles away....LOL....dumbass.

After living and working for many decades in & around Silicon Valley, I am currently in the process of moving out. The commute, overall taxes, beauracracy, cost of living has finally broken me 100%. Enough already.

The weather is great, no bugs. But homeless camp right along 101 thru SJ. Garbage dumped behind business all along Tully road. I could tell stories to Charmin that would curl his hair. No time for that.

Sure I will miss all my friends, somewhat miss working hi-tech in the valley, and the over-priced "cheap" city golf courses. Not many of us can take the 2-3 hour round trip drive to get to the nice courses outside the filth.

After living and working for many decades in & around Silicon Valley, I am currently in the process of moving out. The commute, overall taxes, beauracracy, cost of living has finally broken me 100%. Enough already.

The weather is great, no bugs. But homeless camp right along 101 thru SJ. Garbage dumped behind business all along Tully road. I could tell stories to Charmin that would curl his hair. No time for that.

Sure I will miss all my friends, somewhat miss working hi-tech in the valley, and the over-priced "cheap" city golf courses. Not many of uscan take the 2-3 hour round trip drive to get to the nice courses outside the fitlh.

Is there a new state/city you have in mind?

Forum List

Back