New printer suggestions

Shawnee_b

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2019
South Central KY
I had a Dell 715w "red" I got from Dell like 2007. It's getting flaky and out of ink. Ink is now more than I paid for the printer back then ($75 not they are $297) Wife has an HP7612 and it's down. I think because she tried non HP ink. Regardless I still need another printer. Looked at the epson eco tanks but I don't print much, afraid I'd use all my ink head cleaning. I only need copy and print, no fax or can necessary but OK.

Thanks for suggestions.

Epson, even if you don’t want one with the eco tanks. The only brand I have ever had that just keeps on printing well. I have one from 1998 that still works that is a photo printer. Also have an all in one that actually prints photos better than the photo one now, just not wide format, due to increase in resolutions supported.
Had a dell that came with a computer and an hp, didn’t like them.

I had a Dell 715w "red" I got from Dell like 2007. It's getting flaky and out of ink. Ink is now more than I paid for the printer back then ($75 not they are $297) Wife has an HP7612 and it's down. I think because she tried non HP ink. Regardless I still need another printer. Looked at the epson eco tanks but I don't print much, afraid I'd use all my ink head cleaning. I only need copy and print, no fax or can necessary but OK.

Thanks for suggestions.

Sounds like you're an "inkjet" person. Meh. That's half your problem.

Lexmark: Nyet.

Epson: Good if you are really into detailed color graphics.

Or you can buy a REAL printer. Get a laserjet. An HP. One cartridge cost me $25. It'll probably outlast me. Last cartridge was almost empty and it lasted me years. That is, if you can accept B&W. If you really MUST have color (do you?) color laser-jets are expensive.

TIP: Get a used HP laser-jet and save money. They run forever.

Thanks for suggestions.

Or you can buy a REAL printer. Get a laserjet. An HP. One cartridge cost me $25. It'll probably outlast me. Last cartridge was almost empty and it lasted me years. That is, if you can accept B&W. If you really MUST have color (do you?) color laser-jets are expensive.

One thing I like about my all in one epson is there are 2 different size cartridges I can buy for it.

Thanks for suggestions.

One thing I like about my all in one epson is there are 2 different size cartridges I can buy for it.

I had an awesome HP inkjet that took big bottles of ink that I paid $600 for years ago. Then Microsoft came out with a new operating system and HP wouldn't write a new driver for it.

That ended my tolerance for inkjets.

Thanks for suggestions.

Had HP laser-jet for years, running strong. Pisses me off that when it came out. cartridges were cheap, but now several times more expensive, but HP does make a good machine.

Thanks for suggestions.

Had HP laser-jet for years, running strong. Pisses me off that when it came out. cartridges were cheap, but now several times more expensive, but HP does make a good machine.

I bought an off-brand cartridge off eBay or Amazon for like $25-$30 several years ago. Works great. Great prints. No problems.

Thank you, looking at a few lexmarks. I have had many printers, I'm 65. Many sucked bigtime. That cheap dell lasted 13-14 years.

I don't really understand laserjet vs inkjet but will check it out. Seems amazon has many laserjets. Black and white is fine. I'll get HP ink for the wife for the color stuff. it should work again then.

Epson, even if you don’t want one with the eco tanks. The only brand I have ever had that just keeps on printing well. I have one from 1998 that still works that is a photo printer. Also have an all in one that actually prints photos better than the photo one now, just not wide format, due to increase in resolutions supported.
Had a dell that came with a computer and an hp, didn’t like them.
Back then you couldn't give me an Epson, I wouldn't take it, most were junk. Now they've improved quit dramatically over the last two decades to be on a par with Canon and HP. The only issue I have with Epson is they don't always play well with Linux, I have a barely used Epson back in it's box collecting dust for the last two years.

Thanks for suggestions.

I had an awesome HP inkjet that took big bottles of ink that I paid $600 for years ago. Then Microsoft came out with a new operating system and HP wouldn't write a new driver for it.

That ended my tolerance for inkjets.
LOL. Go into Synaptic and add hplip. It'll be running in 3 minutes

Forum List

Back