new poll on msnbc shows 51% oppose path to citizenship for ILLEGAL ALIENS

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
African-Americans strongly oppose this the most at 60%. Apparantly, most conservatives, and liberals agree on this issue. No amnesty for illegal aliens.

Your thoughts?

I work in a predominately black area in the south Chicago suburbs and I have run into this issue a bit...Blacks are VERY anti-Mexican, and it's pretty extreme.

They are also, for the most part, very anti-Gay marriage.

Either way, I don't really think any of that means anything.

You can't honestly believe posting poll numbers like this will make politicians do something, do you? You understand they DO NOT CARE, don't you?

• Thanks
Reactions: 90K
Yeah i understand :). im not stupid :razz:

Doesn't matter what regular people think on this issue. Amnesty will be the solution because both parties see it as a win/win for them. The Democrats see all these illegals as new voters supporting their party; the Republicans see all these illegals as cheap labor for big business, one of their big dollar donors.

Jeff Jacoby wrote a couple of great articles about amnesty several weeks ago. If interested, go to the Boston Globe website and do a search for Jeff Jacoby. You will probably recognize the amnesty articles by their titles.

Only 51%?? that concerns me alot more than the politicians not caring. Because when the people stop caring as well we are screwed.

I work in a predominately black area in the south Chicago suburbs and I have run into this issue a bit...Blacks are VERY anti-Mexican, and it's pretty extreme.

this might not come out good but the blacks don’t like the competition of the Hispanics. They work for far lesser wages and are willing to show up to the job. We as a nation want many things and one of these things is low prices, and we’ve achieved that by outsourcing Hispanics. My issues are not the Hispanics directly but our nations idea of reform. If amnesty is the answer then we must give it to all of the convicted and not yet convicted criminals. Oh yes that is the easy way out. We as a nation should demand that our immigration numbers be turned back to what it was in the 1960’s. If we don’t aggressively do something then we’ll only continue to stress our resources and many of the resources like the power grids, sewage and roads that need upgrading are only going to fall and we all will be in a serious mess.
We need to put our people to work like in WWII times, we give enough free handouts to be paid back with labor. I know many liberals don’t agree with that but we have entirely too many able bodied folks living for free while the rest of us pay for that lifestyle.

Only 51%?? that concerns me alot more than the politicians not caring. Because when the people stop caring as well we are screwed.

I saw one poll that said almost 50% of Americans agree with the amnesty plan, so I'd say the figure in this poll probably reflects the situation correctly.

We need to put our people to work like in WWII times, we give enough free handouts to be paid back with labor. I know many liberals don’t agree with that but we have entirely too many able bodied folks living for free while the rest of us pay for that lifestyle.

I agree. we need to teach people how to work not how to milk the system. its hard work that brings accomplishment, confidence, and success in life.

I saw one poll that said almost 50% of Americans agree with the amnesty plan, so I'd say the figure in this poll probably reflects the situation correctly.

Oh I have no doubt that it probably does reflect the situation correctly, which of course is why its alarming.

I agree. we need to teach people how to work not how to milk the system. its hard work that brings accomplishment, confidence, and success in life.

That can be achieved without it being like china.....But we have generations that has milked this system and it is fruitless to really expect much, but we should expect much because some of these folk live better than I do and I have no real worries and live very nicely, but it is work.:eusa_wall:

Forum List

Back