New poll looks at Tea Party views toward Minorities

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Politics Northwest | New poll looks at tea party views toward minorities | Seattle Times Newspaper

A new University of Washington poll suggests tea party supporters are not just angry about government spending and the new national health care law.

"The data tells us this opposition and frustration with government is going hand in hand with a frustration and opposition to racial and ethnic minorities and gays and lesbians," said Matt Barreto, a political science professor and director of UW's Washington Poll.

The poll, released on Tuesday, surveyed 1,695 voters in May by phone and has a 2.3 percent margin of error. It found that 35 percent of the voters surveyed "strongly" or "somewhat" approve of the tea party movement, 37 percent dissaprove and 28 percent had no opinion or had not heard of the tea party.

The poll found 19 percent of all voters surveyed "strongly approve" of the tea party.

Also, 52 percent of strong tea party supporters agreed with the statement that "compared to the size of their group, lesbians and gays have too much political power," compared to 25 percent of all voters surveyed.

http://www.washingtonpoll.org/results/June1_teaparty.pdf

The full results are there.

46% believe "If blacks would only try harder, they would be just as well off as whites." As compared to 26% of all voters surveyed.

Only 18% believe that Gay and Lesbian couples should have the right to marry as straight couples. As opposed to 41% of all voters.

Well, sooooo, yeah. Thoughts USMB?

OMG, NOOOOOOO

another poll, article accusing the Tea party as being racist.

Also, 52 percent of strong tea party supporters agreed with the statement that "compared to the size of their group, lesbians and gays have too much political power," compared to 25 percent of all voters surveyed.

well well, they weren't people who actually identified themselves as Tea Party members.

what a friggen JOKE.:lol:

Yeah. Since this data doesn't present the teabaggers in a favorable light, it will be ignored.

In the future don't forget to use the "phrase that pays":

"The Tea Party movement is a grass roots organization comprised of people from all socioeconomic backgrounds, political belief systems, races, religions, hairstyles who have come together because they are fed up with Washington and want to return to the apple pie value system of the 50's."

For the rest of the thinking world, this is no surprise. When the tea party got inundated with disgruntled GOP voters, it only stands to reason that they would inherit the social conservative issues that really stokes a lot of fires over there.

It ain't grass roots, its astroturf.

OMG, NOOOOOOO

well well, they weren't people who actually identified themselves as Tea Party members.

:eusa_eh:

That's the people who voted in the poll that they support the Tea Party, therefore are members. As much as you like to try to get around it, ain't happening.

OMG, NOOOOOOO

This might come as a shock to you, but sexual orientation is not a racial issue.

Furthermore since there is no official "Tea Party", the moniker "Strong Tea Party Supporter" is about as bona fide as you get.

OMG, NOOOOOOO

:eusa_eh:

That's the people who voted in the poll that they support the Tea Party, therefore are members. As much as you like to try to get around it, ain't happening.

See it's more of the teabagger sillyness. They play the "we are completely decentralized and these people are real teabaggers" card every time a news item that portrays them in a poor light.

It's completely lame and nobody with an IQ of over 15 will let that bullshit walk.

OMG, NOOOOOOO

This might come as a shock to you, but sexual orientation is not a racial issue.

Furthermore since there is no official "Tea Party", the moniker "Strong Tea Party Supporter" is about as bona fide as you get.

Oh really, I thought it was according to you lefties.
I mean isn't that why they should receive "special" treatment and laws made up just for them.

Oh really, I thought it was according to you lefties.
I mean isn't that why they should receive "special" treatment and laws made up just for them.

Actually, in this case they just want equal rights. Except only 18% of you folks want to do so. :eusa_whistle:

Reality bites
OMG, NOOOOOOO

Join a populist movement based on anger and frustration and like shit, you will attract pests who will feed on the host. You become one.

enjoy the shit bath

:cool:

Hummm, just what equal rights don't they have now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights_and_responsibilities_of_marriages_in_the_United_States

According to the United States Government Accountability Office (GAO), there are 1,138[1] statutory provisions in which marital status is a factor in determining benefits, rights, and privileges. These rights and responsibilities apply only to male-female married couples, as the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) defines marriage as between a man and a woman and thus bars same-sex couples from receiving any federal recognition of same sex marriage or conveyance of marriage benefits to same sex couples through federal marriage law.

Figures you don't like the Constitution except when it suits you.

Reality bites
OMG, NOOOOOOO

Join a populist movement based on anger and frustration and like shit, you will attract pests who will feed on the host. You become one.

enjoy the shit bath

well hell, I guess the anti-war groups, the illegal immigration groups, etc, etc, were all based on LOVE.

Reality bites
OMG, NOOOOOOO

enjoy the shit bath

well hell, I guess the anti-war groups, the illegal immigration groups, etc, etc, were all based on LOVE.

distinction with a difference: one group wants to save things or encourage granting freedoms, one group wants to take away things and deny freedoms. :eusa_whistle:

and yes, the anti-war groups and the gay rights groups and the civil rights groups, attracted their fair share of miscreants, but they were the fringe of those groups, not their leaders.

Like Rand and Ron, the Paul Family Loons, Tea Party co-Founder "Roberston appeared on my radio show on January 7, and defended his use of the n-word. At 4:03 into the video below, I asked Robertson what he meant by the misspelled word." -Tea Partier Tells Mediaite Racist Sign Was Forged; We Have Him On Record Defending Its Use Alan Colmes' Liberaland

Colmes: What’s N-I-G-G-A-R?

Robertson: Well, I just don’t agree with what Congress is doing to the American people. Really the proper word is “slave”…[Oakland mayor and former Congressman] Ron Dellums actually coined that word.

…

Colmes: Did you spell it wrong?

Roberston: I don’t think so.

Not once did Robertson deny using the word. In fact bent himself into a pretzel defending its use."

we have the video: Alan Colmes: Tea Partier Tells Mediaite Racist Sign Was Forged; We Have Him On Record Defending Its Use | Video Cafe

Alan Colmes Busts Dale Robertson on Racist Photo The Washington Independent

Wow. Still no takers? Shocking.....

Good for Colmes. I have to say, looking at Robertson's bio, I suspected the sign might have been forged (he was an Officer in the Navy). Apparently now.

Politics Northwest | New poll looks at tea party views toward minorities | Seattle Times Newspaper

A new University of Washington poll suggests tea party supporters are not just angry about government spending and the new national health care law.

"The data tells us this opposition and frustration with government is going hand in hand with a frustration and opposition to racial and ethnic minorities and gays and lesbians," said Matt Barreto, a political science professor and director of UW's Washington Poll.

The poll, released on Tuesday, surveyed 1,695 voters in May by phone and has a 2.3 percent margin of error. It found that 35 percent of the voters surveyed "strongly" or "somewhat" approve of the tea party movement, 37 percent dissaprove and 28 percent had no opinion or had not heard of the tea party.

The poll found 19 percent of all voters surveyed "strongly approve" of the tea party.

http://www.washingtonpoll.org/results/June1_teaparty.pdf

The full results are there.

46% believe "If blacks would only try harder, they would be just as well off as whites." As compared to 26% of all voters surveyed.

Only 18% believe that Gay and Lesbian couples should have the right to marry as straight couples. As opposed to 41% of all voters.

Saulbert ? ......

Oops, yeah, they're a bunch of flaming racists !

That's the answer you were looking for Alinsky-lite......

Care to tell me where I was looking for such a answer? The numbers speak for themselves. How would of you voted with the question I bolded there Driveby?

Forum List

Back