New ObamaCare Taxes Revealed

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
News Flash: Democrats/Liberals/Progressives labeled "Tax and Spend."

True story.

1. ".... Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama, laid bare the taxes on its bills with a separate line item for “Affordable Care Act Fees and Taxes.”

2. The new taxes on one customer’s bill added up to $23.14 a month, or $277.68 annually, according to Kaiser Health News. It boosted the monthly premium from $322.26 to $345.40 for that individual.

3. ...new taxes and fees include a 2 percent levy on every health plan, which is expected to net about $8 billion for the government in 2014 and increase to $14.3 billion in 2018.

4. ...a $2 fee per policy that goes into a new medical-research trust fund called the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute.

5. Insurers pay a 3.5 percent user fee to sell medical plans on the HealthCare.gov Web site.

6. ObamaCare supporters argue that federal subsidies for many low-income Americans will not only cover the taxes, but pay a big chunk of the premiums.

-> -> ->[According to the CBO, in 2015 there will be 36 million uninsured nonelderly Americans. http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/43472-07-24-2012-CoverageEstimates.pdf (table 3)]
(Isn't that the way the scam was sold...insuring the 'uninsured'????)

7. ....hidden taxes, such as the 2.3 percent medical-device tax that will inflate the cost of items such as pacemakers, stents and prosthetic limbs....Those with high out-of-pocket medical expenses also will get smaller income-tax deductions....costing taxpayers about $15 billion over 10 years.

8. ...new Medicare tax.....an added 0.9 percent Medicare surtax on top of the existing 1.45 percent Medicare payroll tax. They’ll also pay an extra 3.8 percent Medicare tax on unearned income, such as investment dividends, rental income and capital gains."
New ObamaCare fees coming in 2014 | New York Post

Rumor is the new IQ test is this one question: did you vote for Obama?

I'm surprised this is just now coming to light. I was told months ago by my insurer that my new ACA bill would "look like a phone bill", with added taxes and fees listed separately.

Total fuckupness this is. Screw the Liberal bastards and that jungle bunny President.

Is the price of using turbo tax going up also due to Obamacare?

Did Turbo tax make promises as did Obamacare????? hmmmm....:eusa_whistle:

If you don't like the hike with Turbo Tax you can just go to another service or do it yourself, right?
Try that with your one size fits all Obamacare.

That was a piss poor analogy between Turbo Tax and Obamacare, btw.

Last edited:
Another Take on it, happy happy new years from your dear one Obama
you voted for it

SNIP;
Coming up next: ObamaCare taxes and fees

The cost of President Obama’s massive health-care law will hit Americans in 2014 as new taxes pile up on their insurance premiums and on their income-tax bills.

Most insurers aren’t advertising the ObamaCare taxes that are added on to premiums, opting instead to discretely pass them on to customers while quietly lobbying lawmakers for a break.

But one insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama, laid bare the taxes on its bills with a separate line item for “Affordable Care Act Fees and Taxes.”

The new taxes on one customer’s bill added up to $23.14 a month, or $277.68 annually, according to Kaiser Health News. It boosted the monthly premium from $322.26 to $345.40 for that individual.

These “fees” will add up to a considerable hike, as the Post notes. They include a 2% fee on the plans themselves for consumers, which will eventually raise $14.3 billion a year for the federal government. Insurers are paying a 3.5% fee for participating in the exchange, a cost to the risk pool that will get transferred — as all risk-pool expenses do — to the consumers in the form of higher premiums. The medical-device tax has long been debated, and will also get passed to the consumer.

ALL of it here
Coming up next: ObamaCare taxes and fees « Hot Air

ObamaCare is Taxes All The Way Down.

Just sayin'.

I have a feeling Obama and the democrats wished this wouldn't have come up at this time.

Well I guess when Nancy Pelosi said they have to vote for Obamacare before they knew what is it, is coming home to roost.

Another reason not to vote for anyone who voted for Obamacare. I also think if democrats knew what in the Health Care law the law would not have passed.

Is the price of using turbo tax going up also due to Obamacare?

Did Turbo tax make promises as did Obamacare????? hmmmm....:eusa_whistle:

If you don't like the hike with Turbo Tax you can just go to another service or do it yourself, right?
Try that with your one size fits all Obamacare.

That was a piss poor analogy between Turbo Tax and Obamacare, btw.

I was not making an analogy between Turbo Tax and Obama Care. I was making a lame joke. Since the IRS is responsible for enforcing many of the mandates of Obamacare, another layer is being added to the tax code. I would expect that tax perpetration programs like Turbo Tax will have to account for those added layers. This could theoretically increase the cost of the Turbo Tax program which somehow would be passed to the consumer.

Seriously did anyone expect anything less? I'm not trying to denigerate this thread but Obamacare is a gift to the GOP that is going to keep on giving for a very long time.

Take the obvious fact that consumption will go down in the new year. I still figure on the resulting market crash to happen in the 2nd quarter but there is a prediction of 1/14/14 going around out there. Also fast food joints and some fairly high tone restaurants are going to be hiring people to work shorter shifts just prior to the election. Won't the electorate be overjoyed when hours get cut and taxes go up on everyone after the election?

Seriously did anyone expect anything less? I'm not trying to denigerate this thread but Obamacare is a gift to the GOP that is going to keep on giving for a very long time.

Take the obvious fact that consumption will go down in the new year. I still figure on the resulting market crash to happen in the 2nd quarter but there is a prediction of 1/14/14 going around out there. Also fast food joints and some fairly high tone restaurants are going to be hiring people to work shorter shifts just prior to the election. Won't the electorate be overjoyed when hours get cut and taxes go up on everyone after the election?

1. "...I'm not trying to denigerate this thread..."
Willie....I've read your posts....you never have to apologize nor say something like that.

2. ".... Obamacare is a gift to the GOP..."
Here's the problem...you are looking at the landscape as though our Leftwing friends use logic, experience or learning when they decide to vote.

They don't.

For Liberals, feeling passes for knowing, and the "D" after a name trumps anything else. I hope you're correct...but I don't get my hopes up.....not after they picked Obama over an experienced candidate like Romney.

3. A huge subterfuge is the Politifact story of Obama as the biggest liar, and NYTimes referring to him as a failure.....because they know he can't run again. Wanna bet who they support in the next election?

Obama is as big an economic disaster as FDR and for the exact same reason: you cannot run a successful economy with Soviet style central planning

News Flash: Democrats/Liberals/Progressives labeled "Tax and Spend."

7. ....hidden taxes, such as the 2.3 percent medical-device tax that will inflate the cost of items such as pacemakers, stents and prosthetic limbs....Those with high out-of-pocket medical expenses also will get smaller income-tax deductions....costing taxpayers about $15 billion over 10 years.

This is one of the biggest hidden fees. It is funny how this is overlooked by most. This tax will be levied at the manufacturer, wholesaler, retailer, and consumer level. It grows each and every time the "device" is purchased.

Here is the definition as posted by the IRS
Generally, under the final regulations, a “taxable medical device” is a device that is listed as a device with the FDA under section 510(j) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, and 21 CFR part 807, pursuant to FDA requirements. If a device is not listed as a device with the FDA but the FDA determines that the device should have been listed as a device, the device will be deemed to be listed as a device with the FDA as of the date the FDA notifies the manufacturer or importer in writing that corrective action with respect to listing is required

The list of "devices" is huge. It includes not only implantable devices but also anything that can be used in or on the body for diagnostic purposes and treatment. This list includes needles, EKG patches, IV catheters, urinary catheters, band aids, imaging contrast (barium), radiation therapy seeds, radioisotopes, etc..etc.. The list is HUGE and has everything on it that isn't a chemical medication or something that is sold OTC at retailers, of course that is already taxed at the state level isn't it??

About the only provisions the set aside were for veterinary, and recalled devices, you won't have to pay a tax on those.

Folks need to wake up and realize that we should not pay a "tax" on necessities, we already have exemptions on food products why if health care is a "right" should we be taxed on it at all, hell this is only going to drive the price higher and higher.

It barrels down to the govt wanting 1/6 or 16% of the GDP, do we really think they can manage health care? Sure they can just like SS!!!!!!!!!!

Obama is as big an economic disaster as FDR and for the exact same reason: you cannot run a successful economy with Soviet style central planning

Liberals greet 2014 in a cranky mood because they know, deep down, these are real problems and Obamacare is exacerbating all the problems they set out to solve. We on the right have reason to be similarly cranky, because we warned them, we opposed this, we were derided and mocked for our skepticism, and we are, for now, powerless to fix the problem.

For now.

Forum List

Back