New Mr Beer Review

pegwinn

Top of the Food Chain
Apr 17, 2004
Texas
Beer: Whispering Wheat Weizenbier

This was a lot better than the last batch. It is not as bitter as the pale. Not dry, you can chug it if you wish, but why would you? It also carbonated better than the last batch. Good head on the glass, not too much. And although I don't have a hydrometer to measure, it seems a bit thicker than water. There is also a distinctively pleasant aroma. Again, I aint educated about the stuff, but I am happy. One Liter down and seven more to go.

Original review here.

Changes from the first batch:
USED THREE GALLONS of Bottled water instead of tap water.
Left in fermenter for two weeks instead of one week. The yeast was real aggressive in the first batch.

www.mrbeer.com

Once you get past Mr. Beer, and start really brewing, you can enter a world of some of the best beer around.

Get a good filter to get rid of the sediment as you bottle the stuff, or you will have some powerful good hangovers that were avoidable.

no1tovote4 said:
Once you get past Mr. Beer, and start really brewing, you can enter a world of some of the best beer around.

Get a good filter to get rid of the sediment as you bottle the stuff, or you will have some powerful good hangovers that were avoidable.

Well I will take that as a friendly comment....... I think :tng:

I have drank beer in many places out and about the world. So far Mr Beer is doing a fine job of competing with all but the most rarified microbrews. Of course some of the credit must go to my brilliance at following directions.

When I finally get tired of paying someone elses mortgage, I plan on building a small scale brewery in the garage. For now, this'll do.

Swing on by and I'll let ya try some.

pegwinn said:
Well I will take that as a friendly comment....... I think :tng:

I have drank beer in many places out and about the world. So far Mr Beer is doing a fine job of competing with all but the most rarified microbrews. Of course some of the credit must go to my brilliance at following directions.

When I finally get tired of paying someone elses mortgage, I plan on building a small scale brewery in the garage. For now, this'll do.

Swing on by and I'll let ya try some.

When next in Texas I will take you up on that offer.

I can also bring many recipes for good home brewed beer.

German beer is pretty much defined by the brewer's ability to alter the beer's taste by either overloading or underloading the traditional ingredients. Das Weissenbier, is overloaded with yeast, thus the sediment.

My personal favorite beer is the Darmstadter St Nicholas, brewed in Darmstadt, Germany specifically for the holidays.

Forum List

Back