New Mexico Teacher In Trouble For 'Santa Is White' Comments

The dumb shit people get worked up about is just incredible.

if that were my child , I'd have gotten worked up to. Maybe not to the point of making it national news. That's just stupid. But you're damn right I'd have been pissed.

I'm talking about the whole "Santa is white" issue period. It's just so stupid. He's not real. He's a mythological figure and you've got a national debate about his race. The whole thing is fucking waste of time.

if that were my child , I'd have gotten worked up to. Maybe not to the point of making it national news. That's just stupid. But you're damn right I'd have been pissed.

I'm talking about the whole "Santa is white" issue period. It's just so stupid. He's not real. He's a mythological figure and you've got a national debate about his race. The whole thing is fucking waste of time.

the whole overblown race issue is so stupid, one can't believe it if one won't live in America.

teacher's comment was idiotic as the kid is just a kid and should be treated as a kid not a s a person of a race group.

Liberals and negroes are trying to rewrite history.
According to you things were about to "get real bad" when the negroes saw their food stamp allotment go down on November 1st.

Did you keen insight into negro behavior help you survive the nationwide riots?

True.

So why did Ms. Kelly find it necessary to go there to begin with.

Read the link...what the hell does the teacher have business telling a black kid he can't dress like Santa. Geeeeesh! And you support that?

True.

So why did Ms. Kelly find it necessary to go there to begin with.

Ratings from her base.

Santa is not real. Therefore Santa cannot be white (or any other race). What a silly issue that's coming up lately. I swear some people will whine about anything.

Did you read the original story?

The incident occurred after students were told they could come to class dressed as Santa, an elf or a reindeer.

Michael Rougier, who is white, said his ninth-grade son, Christopher, who is black, arrived wearing a Santa hat and beard, the report says, and the teacher asked the boy: "Don't you know Santa Clause is white? Why are you wearing that?"

Completely appropirate to discipline a teacher for that kind of remark.

You people do realize Santa Claus was real right? Long ago...he was a real person...

No, he wasn't.

Santa Claus is a merging of Eastern European traditions of Saint Nicholas with various kinds of Christmas fairies like Kris Kringle, Father Christmas, Dred Moroz, the Krumpus and so on.

Now the interesting thing is, "Santa Klaus" was a derivative of "Sinter Klaus" (Saint Nicholas) from the Dutch New York tradition, because the early Americans wanted a clean break from England and Father Christmas, who had no link to any Catholic Saint.

Forum List

Back