New Mexico bill calls for study of controlling federal land

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2013
More Republicans screwing the taxpayer for the benefit of the rich.

Rep. Bill McCamley, D-Mesilla Park, cast the dissenting vote. He said the state would be no better off when it comes to preventing things like fires. He pointed to Texas, which has a small share of federal land and still experienced a record fire season in 2011.

"I think this is a thinly veiled attempt to transfer lands to the private sector," he said after the meeting. "If you give it to the state, the state is a lot more likely to sell it and I really am very worried about the future of these public lands if they're sold off to the highest bidder."

ALBUQUERQUE N.M. New Mexico bill calls for study of controlling federal land National Politics NewsObserver.com

Bend over New Mexico taxpayers cause here it comes!

One third of the state is owned by the Feds for which NM gets a whopping 34 million, that is for 27 million acres. 81 million from tourism, I don't know how that calculation is made. New Mexico is the one bent over taking it in the ass, just like most of the states in the west. Another example of how Washington knows best.

Rep. Bill McCamley, D-Mesilla Park, cast the dissenting vote. He said the state would be no better off when it comes to preventing things like fires. He pointed to Texas, which has a small share of federal land and still experienced a record fire season in 2011.

"I think this is a thinly veiled attempt to transfer lands to the private sector," he said after the meeting. "If you give it to the state, the state is a lot more likely to sell it and I really am very worried about the future of these public lands if they're sold off to the highest bidder."

ALBUQUERQUE N.M. New Mexico bill calls for study of controlling federal land National Politics NewsObserver.com

What the far left drones will not spin..

One third of the state is owned by the Feds for which NM gets a whopping 34 million, that is for 27 million acres. 81 million from tourism, I don't know how that calculation is made. New Mexico is the one bent over taking it in the ass, just like most of the states in the west. Another example of how Washington knows best.

When a major fire breaks out will New Mexico be able to foot the bill?

If the Feds didn't control so much land, New Mexico governments would collect more tax revenue, you fucking nitwit.

If the Feds didn't control so much land, New Mexico governments would collect more tax revenue, you fucking nitwit.

How do you collect tax revenue from dirt and rock. How do you develop areas with no water. Why do you think 80% of the US population lives within 200 miles of water?

Wow, you truly are stupid. The Feds control most of the land in the western states so the taxpayers are the ones getting screwed you twat.

How do you collect tax revenue from dirt and rock. How do you develop areas with no water. Why do you think 80% of the US population lives within 200 miles of water?

Uhhhh, you get to turn the good stuff into state parks and charge people to use the land....stupid.

When IL is hit by a microburst tornado or Boston by a once in three generation snow event, are their lack of federal lands a factor in FEMA help?

Bottom line, the states need to move back towards self-determination. The feds shouldn't have as much land as they do. They are screwing with individuals, especially in CA, a source of the country's food supply.

More fear mongering.

How do you collect tax revenue from dirt and rock.

How do you collect taxes from property? LOL!

How do you develop areas with no water.

I'm guessing that developers won't buy land they can't develop.

Wow, you truly are stupid. The Feds control most of the land in the western states so the taxpayers are the ones getting screwed you twat.

How do you develop lands that have no water. There's Nevada where you have land that's still radioactive and/or have unexploded bombs. During red flag you have entertainment such as live bombing. I'll be happy to buy you an acre or two on the bombing range.

When IL is hit by a microburst tornado or Boston by a once in three generation snow event, are their lack of federal lands a factor in FEMA help?

Bottom line, the states need to move back towards self-determination. The feds shouldn't have as much land as they do. They are screwing with individuals, especially in CA, a source of the country's food supply.

If you get a map of federal land in California, I'm sure you'll find very little where agriculture is present, like Death Valley.

How do you develop lands that have no water. There's Nevada where you have land that's still radioactive and/or have unexploded bombs. During red flag you have entertainment such as live bombing. I'll be happy to buy you an acre or two on the bombing range.

83% of the State of Nevada is controlled by the Feds. How do you develop dirt with no water? Easy, you MINE IT! There is gold, silver, copper, galena, lithium, and a whole host of other minerals that we can't get access too thanks to the over reaching federal government.

Crawl back in your hole now. That seems to be the only thing you actually know anything about.

If you get a map of federal land in California, I'm sure you'll find very little where agriculture is present, like Death Valley.

And, as usual, you would be wrong. Your ignorance is truly astonishing. Are you capable of wiping your own ass?

all_us_public_lands.jpg

federal_land.png

More fear mongering.

OK. Do the residents of New Mexico have the funds to fully pay for fire suppression in the event of a fire?

Here are two that collectively cost a couple of billion.

Cerro Grande Fire - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Las Conchas Fire - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The there's the cost of replacing all of the green fire trucks with State. And personal, how many billions per year will that cost?

Think about roadways yet. How much will that cost?

And, as usual, you would be wrong. Your ignorance is truly astonishing. Are you capable of wiping your own ass?

all_us_public_lands.jpg

federal_land.png

That's ridiculous. They need to turn it over to the states or sell it and pay down the debt.

Forum List

Back