New Introductions

Name: Emmett, 47, look like 70's Democrat but feel like an 80's Republican

Occ: Trucking Company Owner, Repossession Co Owner

Politics: Absolute Liberty, Personal Responsibility, Freedom to Choose

Unmarried, son(26) , the best DIL on earth and 2 grandchildren, house is full of my X-GF's kids though. Her son, DIL and 3 grandchildren. I'm Pappy to all of them.

Board Interests: Current Events, Politics and a little humor

Name: boedicca, forty-something

Occ: Executive in a high tech company

Politics: Purple moderate - socially liberal and fiscally conservative

Personal: Separated, going through the longest amicable divorce in recent history; big extended family, blessed with many wonderful nieces and nephews to whom I get to play Auntie Mame

Home: San Francisco Bay Area

Board Interests: A bit of everything except Sports

Claim to Fame: I'm a Swinging Cook - my dinner parties are epic

Name: Matt

Politics: Independent freethinking issue-oriented moderate moderate

Livelihood: Customer Service

Home: Wife. No children

Board interests: Politics

Home: Central Texas area

Name: maineman

Politics: lifelong committed liberal democrat

Livelihood: Facilities Director for Regional Public Utility - Retired Navy

Home: Wife. three grown children

Board interests: WOT - politics in general

Life interests: golf, bridge, healthy gourmet cooking, Choral singing, Boston Red Sox

Home: maine

Name: Greg

Politics: liberal Republican

Livelihood: Web Publishing

Home: Just me! oh and my cat Mason

Board interests: Europe

Life interests: soccer, blackjack, pets, travel channel, hiphop

Home: WI

Occupation: Chief bottle washer, laundress, babysitter, part-time receptionist

Home: 4 kids--3 boys 1 girl

Politics: mostly conservative

Name: Richard (Adam’s Apple)

Politics: Conservative philosophy of government

Occupation: Early retirement. Don’t believe the crap you read and hear about retirement. It’s one of the best times in your life if you’re not riddled with health problems and have provided a financial means to cover perhaps 25-30 years of non-employment.

Family: Married; 2 adult daughters, both professionals; 4 grandchildren

Board interests: WOT, Politics, Religion, Health, Global Topics, sometimes Science, Sports, Animals articles, and the humor contributions, many of which I’ve passed on to my e-mail group.

Located: Lib college town in Indiana (Indiana has three Democrat strongholds, and I happened to land in one of them. Unfortunately, where I was borned and raised was also in one of those three Democrat strongholds.)

Why I Participate on USMB: Mostly for informational purposes. I find the board a good place to come into contact with articles on important issues that I may not have had access to.

Gurdari
In Canada.
Political junkie and ultimate fighting enthusiast.

Generally interested in lively debate, and the occassional heated argument.
Love the conflicting views here, nothing worse than room of people patting each other on the back.

My name is Gabriella. Holdovers from the previous regime may remember me as the beloved Blonde By The Bay. I am that most bizarre of personalities, the liberal moobat who is married to a conservative Republican. It works out.
I am a couple of weeks short of being 23. I am a graduate student at the University of California at Berkeley. Yes, that bastion of conservatism in the midst of the liberal Bay Area. In a year or so, I will be a fully certified counselor for at risk kids in the Anaheim School System. My husband advises rich Republicans about how to spend their money.
My parents were 60s hippies. They met when both were arrested at the same Viet Nam protest rally in Dallas. The best man at their wedding was a high school friend of my dad who served two tours of duty in Viet Nam. Figure that one out.
My aunt is a Mexican immigrant. My brother in law is a Mexican immigrant. All of my mother's side of the family still live in Germany. My grandfather and one of my uncles fought in World War II. I got to see pictures of them when I visited Munich last summer.
I still admire Dilloduck. :clap2:

Forum List

Back