New GT song - "Runnin"

I thought the Obama reference in the hook could make some Right wingers' nipples hard :(

:)

This one has a "drive" to it, and your vocals are primo!

You should paste the lyrics in here, they're really good too.

Yea, I feel that sometimes I have to take digs at Gangster Rap because frankly, it gives me a bad fuckin' name :)

Thanks for checkin it out!!~

SoundClick artist: GT2008 - page with MP3 music downloads

Not mixed on the Studio Monitors yet, just in the studio headphones due to time of night when it was recorded. :) Hope y'all like the lyrics.

I gotta say that I really like the track overall. The hook was hot, for sure. I like how you screwed the 'eat my dick' part at the end. That worked well.

There were really high points in the track where I thought the flow and the word play was hot as hell, and then there were some points were it kind of lost its way for a brief moment. But not so much that it took anything significant away from the track. I like the Snow reference, too. :thup:

That's funny about using the phones to mix late at night. I did that shit so many times :lol:

No matter how good your phones are, the mix never comes out right. And it's always quiet vocals, too. That was the main thing I noticed about this mix. I got to the point where I just brought the vocs up a little higher than normal if I was mixing on the phones. I know how it is, you just want to hear the track put together. And then you gotta wait all day the next day to get done work so you can come home and finish the mix on the monitors.

I miss that shit.

No matter how good your phones are, the mix never comes out right. And it's always quiet vocals, too. That was the main thing I noticed about this mix. I got to the point where I just brought the vocs up a little higher than normal if I was mixing on the phones. I know how it is, you just want to hear the track put together. And then you gotta wait all day the next day to get done work so you can come home and finish the mix on the monitors.

I miss that shit.
This is when we re-visit the mix at a later time, and adjust the vocals, post-production.

One thing I've noticed about GT, he doesn't use much if any compression/leveling on his vocals. When you think about the music, you want it hovering around 0db as much as possible, but few people consider that you want the vocals doing that as well.

But this is by far the best mix I've heard from GT. What little flaws there might be don't, as you said, detract from the overall track.

I miss that shit.
This is when we re-visit the mix at a later time, and adjust the vocals, post-production.

One thing I've noticed about GT, he doesn't use much if any compression/leveling on his vocals. When you think about the music, you want it hovering around 0db as much as possible, but few people consider that you want the vocals doing that as well.

But this is by far the best mix I've heard from GT. What little flaws there might be don't, as you said, detract from the overall track.

I always compressed the shit out of my artists' vocals. In a hip hop track it's the best way to bring them forward in the mix and make them punch. It's not as detracting to compress hip hop vocals because it's not supposed to be beautiful singing like a pop track would be. You can squash the hell out of them and still make the track sound hot.

Forum List

Back