New gallup poll is out

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Democrats' Satisfaction Spikes, Republicans' Remains Scarce

The substantial uptick in satisfaction among Democrats follows the House's passage of the new healthcare bill on March 21 and President Obama's signing the bill into law on March 23 (Obama signed the revised healthcare bill on March 30). Democrats' satisfaction had dropped from readings in the mid-40% range last fall to 29% in early March. By the time of Gallup's March 26-28 survey this year, Democrats' satisfaction had begun to move back up; it has recovered to the current 49% in Gallup's April 8-11 survey.

There has been less variation in satisfaction among independents and Republicans over this same time period. Independents' satisfaction inched up in April compared to March.

The GOP has yet to connect with the centrists and the independents. If that does not start happening soon, the November elections could prove very grim for Republicans.

• Banned
Dem statisfaction up 20 percentage points in one month.

That wild

Better than it was for the dems not long ago and it is quite a while to November. It is anyones game not a slam dunk for the repubs like many were claiming.

The repubs are still the party of no and that is apparently not selling well. People want soloutions.
I think Obama,s move on re-regulating the finiancial industry is a good move for America and politically as well. A strange combination that will be hard for the repubs to beat.

Full court press time at Fox.

Last edited:
The following is from the link in the op;
"Overall Satisfaction

The upward shift in satisfaction among Democrats (and, to a lesser degree, among independents) was enough to increase the nation's overall satisfaction reading to 27% in April, up from 23% in late March and 19% in early March."

My opinion is that the part in bold is more meaningful than the partisan breakdown. Especially since while the total number of people surveyed is given in the article, the breakdown by group is not given.

Good and bad news the way I see it, the nation's "satisfaction" is up(good), but it is still only 27%.(bad)

Do finance quickly and move on to immigration.

When the tea party gets through making fools of themselves over immigration no one will want anything to do with them.

Then it will just be republicans.

They will all be tainted with their ties to the tea party and its praises

Last edited:
Do finanace completely and in a thoughtful manner with eyes to the future.

also I read where Moody got supeoned for records today since they had not handed any over yet in spite of requests from the feds.

I think you are going to see a couple of Goldman sacks type stories before this is all finished.

I dont think the party of no is going to gain the republicans anything this year

Democrats' Satisfaction Spikes, Republicans' Remains Scarce

The substantial uptick in satisfaction among Democrats follows the House's passage of the new healthcare bill on March 21 and President Obama's signing the bill into law on March 23 (Obama signed the revised healthcare bill on March 30). Democrats' satisfaction had dropped from readings in the mid-40% range last fall to 29% in early March. By the time of Gallup's March 26-28 survey this year, Democrats' satisfaction had begun to move back up; it has recovered to the current 49% in Gallup's April 8-11 survey.

There has been less variation in satisfaction among independents and Republicans over this same time period. Independents' satisfaction inched up in April compared to March.

Democrats are always happy when they are able to stick their hand in someone else's piggy bank and steal all their money. However. you stole 960 billion dollars from the elderly,, that's not too much to take pride in..

Forum List

Back