New format feedback

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
Since the new format thread is closed.

Overall it's OK but one thing that really bugs me is the automatic page refresh.

The screen jumps to the top and it's really annoying

Yes I know you can change it but then your selection should be saved in your profile so you don't have change the refresh rate every time you log in.

Or better yet just get rid of that feature

I hate it...it is NOT user friendly, reminds me of the board, before this last format... vBulletin.

Here's what would make it better, imho

- The posts with multiple replies are too confusing, having to follow a darn long as heck line down or up, to figure out what poster, has said what is just awful...

It needs to be boxes as the previous board, With the poster's name.

-The rep icons are just plain wrong... use the same ones we have all been using for 9 years now with minor modifications

Like should be Agree.... there are posts that I agree with, but do not necessarily Like.

- Same with the Dislike, it should be, Disagree... just because I disagree with a post, does NOT necessarily mean that I dislike the post... I simply disagree with it, or its content information.

- there is No Need for an Angry, no one should be angry... one simply DisAgrees with a post.... one emoticon is enough for basically, a negative Rep.

- Funny is fine, no need for the o l d, funny and agree.... funny, is now funny and is no longer a DISAGREE....

The WOW is also another neg REP. We have the Disagree for neg rep. Already, why do we need 4 smilies For NEGATIVE REP?

SAME with the Sad smiley, another neg Rep, get rid of it.

We are missing, a ThankYou.... thanking someone for spilling their guts, or writing something that was pretty important or relevant is NOT the same as Agree/like

We are also missing the Informative, which is needed when something posted is informative... it's not a Like/an Agree.....

PLEASE CHANGE IT!!!

Yeah, I don't like that auto refresh either. You can stop it but it's just an annoyance.

New emojis are dumb.

New Posts button would be nice to have all the time versus only on the home page. It's really the only way I read the board.

https is nice to have, though.

I hate it...it is NOT user friendly, reminds me of the board, before this last format... vBulletin.

I like vBulletin. I think it's probably the best forum software around.

posts with multiple replies are too confusing, having to follow a darn long as heck line down or up, to figure out what poster, has said what is just awful...

Wish people would stop multiquoting everone else. It's just laziness that clutters up discussion. Then you keep getting notifications every other minute just because at some point someone quoted you.

I like vBulletin. I think it's probably the best forum software around.

posts with multiple replies are too confusing, having to follow a darn long as heck line down or up, to figure out what poster, has said what is just awful...

Wish people would stop multiquoting everone else. It's just laziness that clutters up discussion. Then you keep getting notifications every other minute just because at some point someone quoted you.
I liked vBulletin as well EXCEPT for the long lined multi quotes, which is what this new format is giving us.

I just have my 5th anniversary here. As far as I remember I’ve been using the same old format with iPhones.

1.1. Old format. I can just come in. I do not have the option to log in or out, where I don’t see who is grading me, I can’t edit my profile, I can’t change the color of the characters, But I can post and edit normally. This is what I’ve been using most of the time. Very little advertisement

1.2. While I’m in this format I have the option to log in if I want too. Now I can see who is grading me, edit my profile etc etc etc. I have to log out when I’m done. Sometimes I used this one. With very little advertisement.

2. While in this old format. I also have the option to log in AGAIN where the last format where everyone else are. I think. I rarely use this one.

NOW I don’t have ( 1 & 2) anymore. Except this new format.

3. This new format. I need to learn to live with it.
3.1. CLICK TO EXPAND. You have this very very long parallel lines that I will take a very long time to get to the bottom or up.
I only use iPhone X

3.2. Where is the EDIT button?

I just have my 5th anniversary here. As far as I remember I’ve been using the same old format with iPhones.

1.1. Old format. I can just come in. I do not have the option to log in or out, where I don’t see who is grading me, I can’t edit my profile, I can’t change the color of the characters, But I can post and edit normally. This is what I’ve been using most of the time. Very little advertisement

1.2. While I’m in this format I have the option to log in if I want too. Now I can see who is grading me, edit my profile etc etc etc. I have to log out when I’m done. Sometimes I used this one. With very little advertisement.

2. While in this old format. I also have the option to log in AGAIN where the last format where everyone else are. I think. I rarely use this one.

NOW I don’t have ( 1 & 2) anymore. Except this new format.

3. This new format. I need to learn to live with it.
3.1. CLICK TO EXPAND. You have this very very long parallel lines that I will take a very long time to get to the bottom or up.
I only use iPhone X

3.2. Where is the EDIT button?

I just found the EDIT button. Sorry.
I did several issues before this but they were corrected as I go along.

Overall it's OK but one thing that really bugs me is the automatic page refresh.

Yes I know you can change it but then your selection should be saved in your profile so you don't have change the refresh rate every time you log in.

I just turned it off.

Page refresh isn't a complete page refresh.. The "attempt" is to update your alerts and such. If it's really a complete page refresh -- I'm unaware of it...

I liked vBulletin as well EXCEPT for the long lined multi quotes, which is what this new format is giving us.

Yeah, but multiquotes are just lazy. Its not the software's fault people don't wanna take time to only quote the person they're actually talking to.

It's not, but it COULD be governed. The software we just moved from had an experimental period on the same thing. I remember participating in a test thread to see how unwieldy the post would look with 40 or so nested quotes. After that USMB set a limit to like 6 or 7 whatever it was. That was a practical setting and a good target for the new format.

Just in case you haven't noticed..

The "skin" colors have been tweaked.. Now easier to read time/date and post numbers and such...
Big improvement.. Got rid of a LOT of "light blue" text...

You are correct sir. Who knew there were post numbers, without pressing one's nose to the screen. That's much better.

Did anyone ever figure out what became of the photo gallery?

Forum List

Back