New Ford G.O.A.T. is a Bronco?

I’ve never been a Off Road kinda’ guy, but this looks cool.
What do you think?
A POS soccer mom mobile like the pathetic Cruser that Toyota put out a few years ago in an attempt to trade off of the renound Landcruser that was a real offroad success. It'll hit the offroading market with a resounding thud but suburbanites, mall crawlers and soccer moms will no doubt flock to it. Just like they did the ridiculous Toyota cruiser and the most ridiculous of all GMs Hummer II.
BTW GOAT is a really bad choice of a name because the Pontiac GTO was known as the goat. I had a 66 goat myself.

I've never been a Ford fan. I'll pass.... :cool:
I have had 6 Fords, 67 Mustang w/302 4 barrel(Cleveland), 69 Mustang w/ 289 4 barrel, 74 F100 short wheelbase w/302 2 barrel, 90 something Aerostar with some sort of underpowered Japanese substitute for an engine made by Mazda, 2002 Explorer and a 2015 Explorer. Every thing from the Aerostar forward were new off the lot. All the Fords I have had were excellent except the Aerostar bought for my wife to haul kids and travel. Yes, it sucked. I have had new Chevy van in 74 and new Chevy malibu in 77. Both sucked. Both engines used oil within two years. The Malibu had a 307 with soft valves and soft cams. The two Chevy experience sent me Japanese Mazdas and Toyotas for the 80s and early 90s. Overall I am well pleased with the Fords I have had. Liked the looks of the Bronco, back in the day, but never bought one. We love the 2015 sitting in the driveway now, runs good, rides good, plenty of power, lots of creature comforts, electronics and decent sound system, one of our favorites we have ever owned.

I was a Chevy guy for many years until build quality went downhill. Tried a couple of Ford's and had a negative experience.
Today I'm a Toyota guy. Super reliable, minimal maintenance required, and great resale value. ... :cool:
I hear ya. Bad luck will turn you off for a long time. I quit buy anything American after 77 until the mid 90s. the one Toyota I had during that time was (like your experience) excellent. Mazda was really good to me also.:)

I was a Chevy guy for many years until build quality went downhill. Tried a couple of Ford's and had a negative experience.
Today I'm a Toyota guy. Super reliable, minimal maintenance required, and great resale value. ... :cool:

I too drive Toyota well what Toyota there is left of it anyway. I put it up on jackstands and had my way with the suspension. Now there is nothing left that is Toyota from the framerails down. The wife drives a Subaru which has also been a good reliable car. Real off road rigs are built not bought.
My last piece of Detroit iron was a 78 Pontiac Grand Prix and it was a real piece of dog shit. And I do mean everything right down to the friggin radio.

I too drive Toyota well what Toyota there is left of it anyway. I put it up on jackstands and had my way with the suspension. Now there is nothing left that is Toyota from the framerails down. The wife drives a Subaru which has also been a good reliable car. Real off road rigs are built not bought.
My last piece of Detroit iron was a 78 Pontiac Grand Prix and it was a real piece of dog shit. And I do mean everything right down to the friggin radio.
I take it you do real off road. I got all the off road I needed in an earlier life with somebody else paying for the off road abuse. Now I figure anywhere I can't go with two wheel drive, I probably don't need to go, but still go some places I shouldn't when kayaking. Been lucky and saved a ton avoiding customization. You do any of that hill climbing and bouldering stuff? It looks really cool, but out of my pay grade.

I take it you do real off road. I got all the off road I needed in an earlier life with somebody else paying for the off road abuse. Now I figure anywhere I can't go with two wheel drive, I probably don't need to go, but still go some places I shouldn't when kayaking. Been lucky and saved a ton avoiding customization. You do any of that hill climbing and bouldering stuff? It looks really cool, but out of my pay grade.

Until recently I was into rockcrawing. However all of my wheeling buddies grew up, got older, got married had kids and got too old for me to play with anymor. eThen I too got too dammed old for all the camping and nonsense involved so I no longer do any wheeling.
I've still got my truck though and almost everytime I go to town someone gives it the thumps up or trys to buy from me. I won't sell it though because I'm too damned old to build another one. I'll just drive this one to my grave.
I too did a bit of off reading in the military but no one told me that I was supposed to be having fun then.

The original Bronco was a horrible piece of junk. They would start rusting away before you even got them off the showroom floor. They drank gas like a Sherman Tank and snapped axles frequently.

The only ones that were "good" were the ones that were completely re-worked with aftermarket goodies.

Maybe 50 years of Ford learning about 4wd and suspensions and motors will pay off. Here's hoping.

Forum List

Back