New evil dead trailer dropped.

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021

Looks like it's going to continue in the same vein as evil dead 4 with the more violent and darker tones vs 1 through 3. I like the Bruce Campbell ash evil deads but I understand without him they changed up the formula, without raimi though they would end up not being as good. The 2013 evil dead was a solid horror movie that didn't fall into the trap of all cg effects and just really lame characters and story so I hope they continue that.

Looks decent enough though. Looking forward to April when something comes out I'm actually excited to see in the theater. Last time I was actually genuinely excited to go to the movies was to see death rider in the house of vampires and once upon a time in Hollywood.

Campbell has stated he is to old to do the Evil Dead anymore. It's a shame I loved Ash versus the Evil Dead.

Luckily we got ash vs the evil dead out of him before he retired the character. 3 seasons worth.

Without Sam and Bruce, it's not The Evil Dead.

Well they both have hands in the new ones. But without them that's why the series took a different turn.

Instead of replicating 2 and 3 and it not being the same they went back to the original movie. The original was a straight out horror and what humor it had was unintentional.

Still at the end of the day the 2013 reboot was still better than 90% of horror movies that come to theaters and evil dead rise looks to continue that.

Luckily we got ash vs the evil dead out of him before he retired the character. 3 seasons worth.

Well they both have hands in the new ones. But without them that's why the series took a different turn.

Instead of replicating 2 and 3 and it not being the same they went back to the original movie. The original was a straight out horror and what humor it had was unintentional.

Still at the end of the day the 2013 reboot was still better than 90% of horror movies that come to theaters and evil dead rise looks to continue that.

I did read an article Campbell gave that he might do an animated season 4. I hope so because a post-apocalyptic Ash would be freaking awesome.

I went to see this last night and I liked it pretty well.

Definitely seems this is the 2nd in a trilogy that started with the 2013 reboot even though this one had nothing to with the 2013 film other than something I won't say as it's a spoiler.

Has the same tone and feel as the previous one but a better story, and better written characters. And the effects are a bit better too and still uses almost all practical effects.

It's pretty much improved across the board from the last one. Granted I miss the cabin setting but you can only do that so many times before you have to move on.

Had fun seeing it in the theater.

Forum List

Back