New Democratic Health Proposal by Hawaii Senator

Slashsnake

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2016
Democrats’ New Health-Care Plan: Medicaid for All (Who Want It)

We can let people opt/buy-in to medicaid by way of letting the states expand their healthcare funding from the federal government. At the same time, hospitals will receive an increased percentage of payouts from the government run service compared to what they're currently giving Those who get Obamacare subsidies can use them to buy into this program.

People who don't want to opt into the plan are free to not do so.

This plan will allow for some states to finally implement their wanted universal healthcare system since they'll have federal government money backing the increase in state taxes.

Does it get rid of the mandates?

I don't see why the mandates would further exist if the government says you're free to opt-in or opt-out of the plans stated in the law. I think the Democrats could use that a strong point to gain Republican support, along with not having an employer requirement.

Does it get rid of the mandates?

I don't see why the mandates would further exist if the government says you're free to opt-in or opt-out of the plans stated in the law. I think the Democrats could use that a strong point to gain Republican support, along with not having an employer requirement.

How about the employer mandate?

The cadillac tax?

Mandated coverages?

Pre-existing conditions?

Coverage for deadbeat adult children?

If it has full bi-partisian support, the veto will be overturned... That's how our government works.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
We can let people opt/buy-in to medicaid by way of letting the states expand their healthcare funding from the federal government.

So we wouldn't have to pay taxes for Medicaid unless we opt-in? Is that what you're saying?

Why can't you people read the fucking article instead of asking me questions like I'm the one drafting the legislation. Lazy fucks.

We can let people opt/buy-in to medicaid by way of letting the states expand their healthcare funding from the federal government. At the same time, hospitals will receive an increased percentage of payouts from the government run service compared to what they're currently giving Those who get Obamacare subsidies can use them to buy into this program.

This plan will allow for some states to finally implement their wanted universal healthcare system since they'll have federal government money backing the increase in state taxes.
Tie it to democrat support of Trump's wall funding. Win - win. Repugs get their wall, dems get a public option for healthcare.

Why can't you people read the fucking article instead of asking me questions like I'm the one drafting the legislation. Lazy fucks.

I read the article. I was actually making a point about your specious conception of opting in. Unless you can opt out of being taxed for Medicaid, you're all in, regardless of whether you choose apply for benefits or not.

I read the article. I was actually making a point about your specious conception of opting in. Unless you can opt out of being taxed for Medicaid, you're all in, regardless of whether you choose apply for benefits or not.
You're all in for a lot of things, whether you want it or not. At least this could be beneficial to the people.

Why would you need government funds ?

The state should fund the entire thing.

States can't afford to be the only one providing those services, as it is larger than their entire budget. See: NY and Cal.

States can't afford to be the only one providing those services, as it is larger than their entire budget. See: NY and Cal.

Do you realize how stupid that is.

If 50 states sign up....50 states can afford it.

Who funds the fed.....the 50 states.

unbelievable.

unbelievable.

By law the states can't operate at a loss like the federal government does.

The program will likely start as an operational loss by the federal government until the costs stabilize, and then we'll see improvement.

unbelievable.

The program will likely start as an operational loss by the federal government until the costs stabilize, and then we'll see improvement.

I've heard that pipe dream before.

20 Trillion and growing.

unbelievable.

I've heard that pipe dream before.

20 Trillion and growing.

Would've kept growing with the current law, but probably more than if we were to implement this proposal. Obamacare does nothing to control insurance costs or the national debt... Just the opposite actually. This new proposal will slowly reduce costs if people are opting into it and hospitals are receiving more funds instead of just 70% of their charges paid by Medicaid and Medicare.

At least with this idea I won't have to relay on my loser employer to provide unsubsidized coverage to me because they're required to under Obamacare; thus, I can't get help through the exchange despite making $30,000 a year.

Forum List

Back