Zone1 New Definition Contest

That's fair but how could you prove if a person was racist or not if it is based on what someone thinks? You could say, "You are racist because you think skin color is more important than eye color or hair color." The person could refute it by saying, "No. I do not think skin color is more important than hair color or eye color." Then you could say, "Yes. You do." They could further respond by saying, "No. I don't." Personally I don't think the definition that you make is any better than the dozens of definitions we currently have. We need a smoking gun so we can identify racists and stop making empty accusations and empty counter accusations. If that is your best suggestion then that is fine but I want to give you another chance to come up with something much more workable.
We don't do funding or make policy or structure laws or form groups based on hair color or eye color. You don't have a Democrat brunette caucus or brown-eyed caucus. You don't have laws for hate crimes against blue-eyed people or blonds. There is no affirmative action for tall people or short people, thin or fat. Nobody gets upset if you take Irish whiskey to a St. Patrick's Day party or kid a Scottsman about being miserly and there are no assumed PC standards associated with those ethnic groups.

When skin color is the basis for hiring, firing, social interaction, policy, laws, organizations, what is and is not PC, then it is racist.

We are not racist when we are allowed to treat people just as well or as badly as we treat all people, don't have to watch what words we use or what stereotypes we use, then we are no longer racist.

That is the standard. We stop being racist when skin color is no more important than eye color or hair color.

We don't do funding or make policy or structure laws or form groups based on hair color or eye color. You don't have a Democrat brunette caucus or brown-eyed caucus. You don't have laws for hate crimes against blue-eyed people or blonds. There is no affirmative action for tall people or short people, thin or fat. Nobody gets upset if you take Irish whiskey to a St. Patrick's Day party or kid a Scottsman about being miserly and there are no assumed PC standards associated with those ethnic groups.

When skin color is the basis for hiring, firing, social interaction, policy, laws, organizations, what is and is not PC, then it is racist.

We are not racist when we are allowed to treat people just as well or as badly as we treat all people, don't have to watch what words we use or what stereotypes we use, then we are no longer racist.

That is the standard. We stop being racist when skin color is no more important than eye color or hair color.

Are you saying you don't want to take part in the new definition contest?

Racist is a word that describes a person who argues for the alleged superiority of one race over another race or races.

Racism is the effort to put into practice any form of discrimination against another person or group of people based on a racist belief.

Systematic racism is when racism is authorized or tolerated by the laws and rules and behaviors of a given society.

————-
This post was packed by weight, not by volume. Some settling of content may have occurred during shipping. Reasonable people may differ. This post is void where prohibited by systematic racism. Caveat emptor.

I once worked at an upper scale grocery store. We were not allowed to tell customers where something was. We had to take them there.

Was this guy wearing a hat by chance?
There used to be a chain of stores in Southern California called FEDCO. They had signs all over the place for their employees. The signs stated, "customers aren't interruptions of doing your job, they ARE your job". I always expressed that sentiment to my coworkers, often to their annoyance. People tend to get so focused on their small portion of the operation that they lose sight of the final objective which is to provide some kind of product or service to the customer. I once had a supervisor in a class tell me that since my job didn't include some of the things, I regularly did to help employees in other branches of the company and customers, she would have suspended me for doing them. I mentioned that to my bosses' boss, and he said, "she better hope she never works for me". My appraisals always said that one of my strong points was a willingness to go beyond the limits of my job to get the customer service.

Forum List

Back