New cars no longer required to have airbags in Russia

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
The sanctions have hit Russia so hard that the government is implementing life-threatening measures such as this one, because they can't import components such as airbags:
It would be especially difficult for Russian companies to replace foreign technology products and microchips, Ms Shagina added. Russia’s efforts to copy banned social media platforms have been met with ridicule, while sanctions have sent the car industry back to the 1980s, with new cars no longer legally obliged to have airbags, which cannot now be imported from the west.

The sanctions have hit Russia so hard that the government is implementing life-threatening measures such as this one, because they can't import components such as airbags:

They're bringing back the worst two car brands of all time as well now that Renalut has pulled out of Russia.

1653203336819.png

1653203402486.png

Well Putin has really done it, he's taken them all the way back to the Soviet era in just five months.

Alternative: I heard once the risks of an accident with a car are drastically reduced when someone installs a spearhead in the middle of the steering wheel. Perhaps such a death threatening installation fits better to the mentality of the Russian government under Putin.

My wife had some years ago an accident with low speed. In the 1920ies she had been dead and the car had been okay - a hundred years later the car was scrap and she had no scratch. I see this as a very big progress because I love my wife.

My wife had some years ago an accident with low speed. In the 1920ies she had been dead and the car had been okay - a hundred years later the car was scrap and she had no scratch. I see this as a very big progress because I love my wife.
And a lot of people have died due to airbags and seat belts. No matter what we do, there will always be deaths and injuries when you have a human body come to a screaming halt at anything much over 10mph.

And a lot of people have died due to airbags and seat belts.

It's a game with chances. In average we can see here in Germany an enormous reduction of deadly accidents - also because of such a progress.

(On the other side I "forgot" one time in my life - more than 40 years ago - to use my seat belts in my very little car. Not a German car by the way. In this Christmas night I had an accident because the steering system of this car had a defect. A car dealer had betrayed me and did not tell me that this car had had an accident before which had not been fully repaired. When I awoke outside of the car in a field - looked like I damaged the door with my body - I saw the motor had been on the front seat. I was lucky not to lose my life or for sure to lose my legs. My team of protective angels - (my protective angel seems to be an instructor of other protective angels because he's very experienced) - did do a very good job. Nevertheless I always use my safety belts also after this accident. This had been the only exception since I drive cars.)

No matter what we do, there will always be deaths and injuries when you have a human body come to a screaming halt at anything much over 10mph.

No one says no one needs luck. But to drive in a car with safety belts, headrests and air bags is in standard situations an extremely good base for to be more lucky.

Thats not true.

Thats not true.

What is not true? Mercedes Benz for example constructs cars with "Sicherheitsfahrgastzelle" (security passenger compartement) since 1959. A couple of years later everyone was doing so.

Last edited:
It's what the thread is about

So also air bags are a good rational reason to force their goverment to stop the totally senseless and stupid war - ahm sorry: "operation" - in the Ukraine where orthodox sisters and brothers murder each other and to bring their boys home.

By the way: When decided "the world" - including the USA - to go back into a politics of the 19th century is progress and future?

Last edited:
So also air bags are a good rational reason to force their goverment to stop the totally senseless and stupid war - ahm sorry: "operation" - in the Ukraine where orthodox sisters and brothers murder each other and to bring their boys home.

By the way: When decided "the world" - including the USA - to go back into a politics of the 19th century is progress and future?
Not a good reason at all.

Like I said who cares if Russians have air bags in their cars?

Forum List

Back