New CarPower battery

Well, if we have a 'Conservative' government, they will do all they can to prevent any new infrastructure. However, the current government, if allowed to, will build out our grid both to obtain new energy sources as well as distribute it. You can choose what you want to do, continue to kiss the orange ass or actually achieve something for this nation.
Nice fantasy, let us know how that works. It never has in the past.

electrical motors are far more durable
Now you're going to try to tell me that you've never replaced an electric motor. If that is your contention, I call bullshit.
We have the technology right now to go 100% renewable.
You can't even keep the lights on in CA with all that technology let alone the extra draw that will be created by 300M EVs. Maybe you should go back to reading a level, because you haven't a clue as to what is required to accomplish what you are suggesting. It won't happen like flipping a switch. A change of this magnitude will take 30, 40, years and it won't happen because some old demented washed up politician in DC says so.

Well, if we have a 'Conservative' government, they will do all they can to prevent any new infrastructure. However, the current government, if allowed to, will build out our grid both to obtain new energy sources as well as distribute it. You can choose what you want to do, continue to kiss the orange ass or actually achieve something for this nation.
In general, conservatives want the federal government to do only one thing, provide for the mutual for defense. Everything else they would leave to the states, businesses, and individuals. Thus, a conservatives government has little interest in national infrastructure, the general welfare of the people, stopping global warming, or much of anything else other than cutting taxes and keeping immigrants out.

1633890869648.png

I see. So we need to kiss the ass of the power and distribution companies because they're too incapable and incompetent to run their businesses efficiently just like the post office, trains, air lines, etc, etc, etc,.... and they're just a bunch of...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

In general, conservatives want the federal government to do only one thing, provide for the mutual defense. They would leave everything else to the states, businesses, and individuals. Thus, a conservatives government has little interest in the nation's infrastructure, the general welfare of the people, stopping global warming, or much of anything else other than cutting taxes and keeping immigrants out. In other words real conservatives go to Washington to stop progress and to dismantle as much of the federal government as they can.

And the wind turbines continue to cost less per MW every year. We can and will have the electricity to run EV's, including long haul semi's
Is it possible to attach small wind turbines to the sides of these buildings creating enough electrical energy to power the needs of that building?
New York.jpg

:)-

Is it possible to attach small wind turbines to the sides of these buildings creating enough electrical energy to power the needs of that building?
View attachment 550132
:)-
No. But is is possible to use new technology that transformers every window into a solar panel. And that would help with the power demands of the building. It is also possible to form a VPP using residential roofs, warehouse and mall roofs, parking lots to provide most of the power a city needs. That would be expensive, but building fossil fuel plants for the same purpose is also expensive.

New CarPower battery

I envision you pull up to a filling station but instead of filling your tank with gas you drive into a fast car wash looking narrow lane. A red-light pops on saying “STOP” .

You set your park break and wait as a robotic arm from under your car reaches up and removes you discharge battery and replaces it with a charged battery.

The exchange lasts for about 5 minutes which is less time than it would take to fill a conventional gas tank.

Your charge can propel the car at a speed of 60 mph for 300 miles.

I believe the above has an 85% chance of becoming a factual fact in the realm of automobile power sources.

What say you :)-
You do know that the average EV battery pack weight is on average about 1000 pounds and they are built into the chassis don't you?

You do know that the average EV battery pack weight is on average about 1000 pounds and they are built into the chassis don't you?
You can easily remove the batteries in many of the Tesla's. However, I really don't see this as practical for road vehicles as the range of the cars are constantly increasing and the charging time is decreasing. However, for very high density batteries like aluminum air, this could be used in aircraft, and make their turn around time equal to that of a fossil fueled aircraft.

You can easily remove the batteries in many of the Tesla's. However, I really don't see this as practical for road vehicles as the range of the cars are constantly increasing and the charging time is decreasing. However, for very high density batteries like aluminum air, this could be used in aircraft, and make their turn around time equal to that of a fossil fueled aircraft.
Yeah it's "easy" to remove 1000 lbs worth of batteries

No. But is is possible to use new technology that transformers every window into a solar panel. And that would help with the power demands of the building. It is also possible to form a VPP using residential roofs, warehouse and mall roofs, parking lots to provide most of the power a city needs. That would be expensive, but building fossil fuel plants for the same purpose is also expensive.
Many new alternative energy products are too expensive when we're talking about small numbers. Remember the LED light bulb. It was way to expensive till government said no more filament bulbs. Within a decade, LED bulbs came down in price over 90% plus there were hundreds of new applications discovered. The cost of installed solar panels have dropped 70% in a decade.

In the future the average person is not going to own a car, just like most people no longer own horses for their carriages.

Cars are used very inefficiently right now. Maybe two hours a day. Your car sits idle 91 percent of the time.

When self-driving cars become a reality, everyone will have a subscription to a car service the same way you have a subscription to your cell phone.

When you need to get to work, you will summon a car with an app on your phone and one will be dispatched to pick you up. After dropping you off at work, the car will be dispatched to another task.

These cars will then be able to be used 23 hours a day, with one hour of maintenance. Far more efficient.

This will result in far fewer cars being manufactured. It will also result in houses no longer needing space for a driveway or a garage.

No more traffic jams, either.

About as many people who know how to actually drive a car will be the same as the number of people who know how to ride a horse.

So the battery-changing station will not be as prevalent as you think.

Cars will be owned by big corporations. So for future investing, that is where you should put your money.
Sounds like a leftists wet dream.

I HATE subscription software. Subscription cars?

Sounds like a leftists wet dream.

I HATE subscription software. Subscription cars?
What I hate most about subscription software is not the cost but continual updates the manufacture feels abridged to provide with new ways to save time, a more logical design for menus and screens, all new features few people will use. With every major release, I have figure how use it. Where are the setting now? What happened to file menu? How do I make the backups work again? I would be happy to pay them to leave the damn thing along.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back