New book reveals Karl Rove's stepfather was gay

Kagom

Jan 16, 2006
Vicksburg, MS
A new book from the authors of a previous tome about the life and work of President Bush's political adviser Karl Rove claims Rove's stepfather was gay, The [Austin] American-Statesman reports. In The Architect: Karl Rove and the Master Plan for Absolute Power, James Moore and Wayne Slater dedicate two chapters to the touchier side of the Republican Party's exploitation of antigay sentiment.

In chapter 9, "A Few Simple Questions: What's in Karl's Closet?" the authors draw on interviews with gay acquaintances of Rove's stepfather, Louis Rove, as well as an interview with a circumspect Karl Rove, to reveal that Louis came out as gay after divorcing Rove's mother, according to the American-Statesman. The chapter jabs hard at Rove, pointing out that Louis Rove, who was clearly Rove's primary father figure, died in Palm Springs, Calif., just as "his son was in the midst of launching the antigay issues campaign that was to lead to the reelection of George W. Bush."

The authors quote Rove and friends of Rove's stepfather to illustrate that Rove was close to him throughout his life and seemed not to judge his sexuality. This and Rove's self-professed agnosticism are major exhibits in Moore and Slater's claim of hypocrisy.

Moore, an Austin-based journalist, and Slater, senior political writer for The Dallas Morning News, paint a sharp portrait of an intelligent, ruthless, and deeply cynical Karl Rove. Though this is their second book on Rove (after 2003's Bush's Brain), there's little overlap. Bush's Brain focused on Rove's rise and the development of his association with George W. Bush; The Architect focuses on how he pursued the creation of an enduring Republican hegemony. (The Advocate)

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid36265.asp

I admit I'm no fan of Bush or Rove, but what's to gain from this?

While I concur with the :gives: i just find it interested that there are a number of men who dont learn they are gay until years after being married to women. Seems odd to me.

While I concur with the :gives: i just find it interested that there are a number of men who dont learn they are gay until years after being married to women. Seems odd to me.

You question got me to thinking...
Why does it seem to be mostly men who find this out after yrs of marriage?:eek2:

New book reveals Karl Rove's stepfather was gay
A new book from the authors of a previous tome about the life and work of President Bush's political adviser Karl Rove claims Rove's stepfather was gay

Well, then - that changes EVERYTHING...

A psychologist would have fun with that one....

Psychologists are crazier than almost everyone; they have fun with everything. The best way I have found to keep them occupied is to cover their fingers with honey then give them a feather to play with.

Puts an interesting perspective on why Karl keeps trying to "rally the base" with the anti-gay stuff.

A psychologist would have fun with that one....

Yeah, im sure it has nothing to do with with the fact that most Americans dont approve of gay marriage and that rallying people against it would be a winning move every time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back