New Attraction at Pigeon Forge, TN

For those who like history ... or the mountains ... or shopping ... or who can actually afford to go on a vacation, you may be interested in Pigeon Forge's newest attraction. It's a big museum of things Titanic.

Titanic Pigeon Forge Online Flash Tour
We went camping in the Smokies once (well more than once, but only once did we go to Pigeon Forge) and went to PF to shower and stock up...what a trashy, horrid tourist trap. Only a brain dead moron could enjoy that place.

:lol:

I forget the name of the motel there at the turn off from the interstate for the Pigeon Forge/Dollywood area but I've stayed there a couple of times before in the past while heading for Rocky Mount. I stayed at the second motel on the right side. It has a small swimming pool inside that feels pretty good after driving all day. If I ever went to Dollywood I would want to see a museum of Dolly Parton's bras - not a ship that sunk.

Actually the knife shop was kinda interesting, but hat was 20 years ago when it was in downtown Gatlinburg. I hear it moved out to the strip now.

Actually the knife shop was kinda interesting, but hat was 20 years ago when it was in downtown Gatlinburg. I hear it moved out to the strip now.

I have a relative who was really big at Schrade knives when they were made in Ellenville and made collectors knives. I have a rather large knife collection all given to me by this relative over a period of more than a decade and I can not get them into Australia!!!!!!!

Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I have a relative who was really big at Schrade knives when they were made in Ellenville and made collectors knives. I have a rather large knife collection all given to me by this relative over a period of more than a decade and I can not get them into Australia!!!!!!!

Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I would be pleased to take them off your hands to rid you of that problem.

Might even trade you a genuine hand made Samari sword?
Not ancient but pre WW2 and nice.

Last edited:

It is hard enough to get a pen knife into Australia, customs would go apeshit over a samauri sword.

I might sell all but the first one my Dad gave me; they have to be worth a chunk. They are with my sister in Arkansas now. I want her to take them to a knife collector’s convention but she is really busy right now staring at squirrels.

Last edited:

It is hard enough to get a pen knife into Australia, customs would go apeshit over a samauri sword.

I might sell all but the first one my Dad gave me; they have to be worth a chunk. They are with my sister in Arkansas now. I want her to take them to a knife collector’s convention but she is really busy right now staring at squirrels.

Staring at squirrels? Never mind, forget that I asked.

cool but I've seen the titanic exhibit, twice. Once in Seattle and once in Vegas. One thing I was disappointed in, they didn't have a mock up of the second class rooms, only the first class and the third class. I have a book on the Titanic and the 2nd class rooms looked like a precursor to today's RVs, with a bed that makes into a couch. Also, I like the second class china better than the first class china which is why I have a replica of a second class china teacup. Yes, I collect all things tea, especially cups and pots.

One of my favorite survivor stories, I think it was the cook that got drunk and when the time came, just stepped off the ship and into the water. He was so drunk, he was one of I think only 4 to survive the water.

The band played on while the ship sank, not one of them survived. They were brave men to the last.

It's a horrifying story, but still somehow, it makes you feel good about people when you read of the heroes and the elderly couple that stayed together and died together rather than separate. Whatever the crimes some of our species commit, there are brave and heroic people aplenty in this world.

For those who like history ... or the mountains ... or shopping ... or who can actually afford to go on a vacation, you may be interested in Pigeon Forge's newest attraction. It's a big museum of things Titanic.

We went camping in the Smokies once (well more than once, but only once did we go to Pigeon Forge) and went to PF to shower and stock up...what a trashy, horrid tourist trap. Only a brain dead moron could enjoy that place.

not really,, i have been there several times....o hell...a lot of times..when i was growing up...back when dinosaurs roamed the earth...we would go to the rod run..everyone would get drunk..get rowdy...the fire department would open hoses on the crowd for crowd control....i havent been to rod run in a few years...but last time i went i had a fucking blast....

i have been propositioned by a very nice y oung man at ronnie millsaps bar...who knew it was a cougar bar?

i have been on a helicopter ride....a hot air balloon ride....

i have eaten salt water taffy, fudge, fried this and that....

you cant beat the shopping..i have never been to dolly wood....nor did i ever get to ride the flippin camel...

i can always find a parking place on back street towards the river....

not far from there is cades cove.....wonderful camping...where the tv show "christie" was filmed

not far from clingman's dome....or the lodge that is only accessable by foot....

but hey you didnt have a good time...so everyone else is a moron for going there and have a blast!

not really,, i have been there several times....o hell...a lot of times..when i was growing up...back when dinosaurs roamed the earth...we would go to the rod run..everyone would get drunk..get rowdy...the fire department would open hoses on the crowd for crowd control....i havent been to rod run in a few years...but last time i went i had a fucking blast....

i have been propositioned by a very nice y oung man at ronnie millsaps bar...who knew it was a cougar bar?

i have been on a helicopter ride....a hot air balloon ride....

i have eaten salt water taffy, fudge, fried this and that....

you cant beat the shopping..i have never been to dolly wood....nor did i ever get to ride the flippin camel...

i can always find a parking place on back street towards the river....

not far from there is cades cove.....wonderful camping...where the tv show "christie" was filmed

not far from clingman's dome....or the lodge that is only accessable by foot....

but hey you didnt have a good time...so everyone else is a moron for going there and have a blast!
Exactly!

Cades cove is really cool. :)

cool but I've seen the titanic exhibit, twice. Once in Seattle and once in Vegas. One thing I was disappointed in, they didn't have a mock up of the second class rooms, only the first class and the third class. I have a book on the Titanic and the 2nd class rooms looked like a precursor to today's RVs, with a bed that makes into a couch. Also, I like the second class china better than the first class china which is why I have a replica of a second class china teacup. Yes, I collect all things tea, especially cups and pots.

One of my favorite survivor stories, I think it was the cook that got drunk and when the time came, just stepped off the ship and into the water. He was so drunk, he was one of I think only 4 to survive the water.

The band played on while the ship sank, not one of them survived. They were brave men to the last.

It's a horrifying story, but still somehow, it makes you feel good about people when you read of the heroes and the elderly couple that stayed together and died together rather than separate. Whatever the crimes some of our species commit, there are brave and heroic people aplenty in this world.

And locking down the steerage passengers so they died liketrapped rats in the sinking ship, that doesn't bother you?

We vacationed there before, the girl has family there. I remember there being a LOT of gay christians.

True story.

And locking down the steerage passengers so they died liketrapped rats in the sinking ship, that doesn't bother you?

Of course it bothers me. Did you miss my statement that it's a "horrifying story"? My point was that there were brave people in that disaster, not that it wasn't a disaster. And contrary to popular opinion, the 3rd class passengers were not locked down there, ONE door had been locked, not all of them and one of the crew died making sure they were able to get up. It's the majority of 3rd class men died ...the women and children, most of them at least, did make it to the boats. And FYI, many first and second class men died as well.

Is your only knowledge of that disaster from movies?

Last edited:
o stop fussing over that damned ship...that is sooooooo off topic....fuss with ravi....

i am so taken back....you didnt have fun....did you ride bikes around cades cove when they closed it to traffic....*bike rental fee is all you pay* did you fish? did you shop? did you got to all the rip off places..ripleys etc...did you ride the monorail to obergatinlinburg? did you? did you go to clingman's dome...o i bet not....you know jim and tammy bakker had a house at gatlinburg...there is a bar there for everyone....always major parades and if tennessee is playing the whole town vibrates....how could you not have fun? what kind of hiddous person are you?

The ex fiancee, his son, mini echo and myself stayed in the mountains there, in a cabin called "Almost Bearadise" -I kid you not. (This was 2 years ago)

We loved the mountains, we could hear the bears at night, and all the other critters out there in the woods.

But,,,,,,,,,, going into 'town' was like a poor mans Vegas, too many shops/hotels/tourist traps. But, it's what the masses go for. We did play putt-putt at one of the million courses, and rode some go-karts. That's about it for town, we preferred to hang in the mountains.

But Tennessee is beautiful country.

Forum List

Back