Never thought I'd be this attached to my babies

No, Charlie. It's a good thing. When I was little, I was like glue to my Dad when he was home. Could. Not. Pry. Me. From. Him. :lol:

He was lucky, he only had twins to deal with... oh, and the other 4. LOL

Love them loads and loads, Charlie.

No, Charlie. It's a good thing. When I was little, I was like glue to my Dad when he was home. Could. Not. Pry. Me. From. Him. :lol:

Well these are my first kids, all three of them. Though I have raised my niece I have no real fatherly type experience, my babies are half way spoiled and my wife doesn't want spoiled babies but there's nothing she can do to stop me.

Well these are my first kids, all three of them. Though I have raised my niece I have no real fatherly type experience, my babies are half way spoiled and my wife doesn't want spoiled babies but there's nothing she can do to stop me.

You need to balance that love to make sure your kids don't become brats that no one else likes. Spoiling kids might be nice for you - but it's not nice for your kids when no one likes them because they're little monsters.

I'm sure you'll get a handle on the 'dad' thing. And I think it's adorable that you love them so much.... you big softie. :eusa_angel:

You need to balance that love to make sure your kids don't become brats that no one else likes. Spoiling kids might be nice for you - but it's not nice for your kids when no one likes them because they're little monsters.

I'm sure you'll get a handle on the 'dad' thing. And I think it's adorable that you love them so much.... you big softie. :eusa_angel:

Yeah but come on, kids are only babies once. My babies are only 2 months old, lol, and don't get me wrong, it is hard work waking up at all hours of the night feeding, changing diapers and cuddling them to sleep, but I don't even think about that stuff as being hard.

Our daughter (15) was recently away at camp for 3 weeks. The first time she'd been away from home other than an occasional overnight at grandma's. I was depressed. Now we're eyeing an out of state prep school for next year. I don't think I'm ready for that.

I can't stand being away from my babies and I hate to see them cry, my wife just looks and shakes her head, I think us dads have the father attachment more than people think.

My youngest is a senior in highschool. I am freaking out. How did this all happen. Did I not just send him to kindergarten. Next year he will be in college or the military( he has not decided yet) My oldest gradates from college , my middle one will be a junior next year in college. ACK.. I guess I should just wait for my grandbabies. Not anytime soon I hope lOL

I can't stay away from my baby girls, is it abnormal for fathers to be this attached to their babies? Even my wife is like I need to take a break sometime and enjoy Paris on my own.

My daughter and I were inseparable until she finally grew old enough to want to be with her other friends more than me.

I didn’t get married until I was 34 and my daughter was not born until 37. And I have worked an off-tour most of my life. So, when I got home at night, I would stay up for two bottles, three diapers and a little play time before my wife got up and took over.

Indeed, I can still remember the first time she looked at me during one of those overnight feedings and actually recognized me. She smiled and snuggled-in a little deeper into my arms while gobbling down that bottle and looking at me the entire time. And I already know that that will be the last thought that goes through my head before I die.

Yup, fathers and daughters…

Having 4 kids in age of 9 to 27, I have yet to have empty nest syndrom. I am sure when the last one is gone I might.
But you love those little girls all you want, you may not get to tomorrow.
My Papa, always told me that when kids are young they break your pocket book, when their old they break your heart.
Please validate your love and cherish it always.

Its all love now with m babies until they become teenagers and have boys chasing after them, then its time for lockdown.

Yeah but come on, kids are only babies once. My babies are only 2 months old, lol, and don't get me wrong, it is hard work waking up at all hours of the night feeding, changing diapers and cuddling them to sleep, but I don't even think about that stuff as being hard.

Respect to you for being a 'hands on' dad - doing the diapers and icky stuff as well as the fun stuff.

Enjoy it, Charlie. It doesn't last for long. In the blink of an eye, they'll be grown and bucking your authority. I wish you all very many happy days together.

There was a time when I thought truly, truly thought I'd never get out from under all the Fisher Price, Little Tykes, diapers, feedings, etc. Then I blinked.

Enjoy and relish every second!

Hey Charlie..... please do the country one favor.... teach your children to judge others on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Those little babies are the future of America. We need to teach them to learn the lessons of history and not repeat it. Please.

I remember clearly holding my baby and it felt like by heart was bursting with love.

I suspect you're fairly normal in that respect, Bass.

Hey Charlie..... please do the country one favor.... teach your children to judge others on the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Those little babies are the future of America. We need to teach them to learn the lessons of history and not repeat it. Please.

^ This.

Forum List

Back