Nevada to lose 8% of Colorado River water allocation in 2023

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Department of the Interior announced that Lake Mead will operate in a Tier 2a shortage condition for the first time ever starting in January, meaning cuts in water use for Nevada, Arizona and Mexico. Nevada will have its annual water allocation cut by 8 percent in 2023

FaTEqWBUUAAihn9

Must be nice to get special treatment like CA is apparently getting.
Since they use the Sierra Nevada runoff to keep minnows alive, I guess they need all the other water in the region just to live

These states were given fair warning by the Department of Interior that they had to come up with a plan to cut consumption or they were going to get cut off. They haven't so far. If they continue to refuse to come up with a viable plan, further cuts will be made.

Folk who built in Phoenix knew they'd lose their water before the Imperial Valley would ... well ... it's happening ... and nothing says water levels won't return next year ...

Global warming means the Colorado River basin gets MORE rain and snow ... just not enough to solve our cheap water problems ...

Folk who built in Phoenix knew they'd lose their water before the Imperial Valley would ... well ... it's happening ... and nothing says water levels won't return next year ...

Global warming means the Colorado River basin gets MORE rain and snow ... just not enough to solve our cheap water problems ...
On what do you base your comment about the Colorado River basin?

Here is the long term drought report for the basin:
1660833496092.png

Right, the snow fields that feed the Colorado River basin are in whites and yellows ... that means normal ... which is what I said ... "and nothing says water levels won't return next year" ... thank you for posting confirmation of my claim ... stupid ...

Forum List

Back