Neurologist Who Watched Fetterman Debate Casts Doubt On Prospect For Further Recovery

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Of course, the Doctor only watched and hasn't personally dealt with Fetterman, but this was just fine to diagnose others a few years ago. And he had more to go on watching last night's debacle.

“From watching the debate, I do think he has a type of aphasia, specifically a Broca’s aphasia, which essentially means there’s been some type of insult or damage to the part of the brain where language is produced but also language is understood,” Dr. Huma Sheikh, a neurologist specializing in migraines and strokes told NewsNation host Chris Cuomo after the debate. “It’s hard to tell from this how much his comprehension is impaired, because that requires different testing.”

Sheikh, who serves as assistant professor at Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital in New York, said it is possible Fetterman could continue to recover from the stroke he suffered just days before winning the Democratic primary. But most of his improvement have likely already occurred, she said.

“Essentially what we know is that in the first three to six months is where you see the most improvement,” Sheikh said. “There can be some improvement over the next year, but I think he’s about six months out now; this happened in May. So I think if he was doing therapy right after his stroke, this is probably where he has improved to the most.”

When Cuomo asked if Fetterman’s brain function is impaired, Sheikh said it is difficult to know how much he comprehends from his answers.

“In the brain, cognition and language are separated, but there’s so much interaction between them,” she said.

The doctor acknowledged that if she were a voter in Pennsylvania, she would have deployed concerns after watching Fetterman’s performance.

Of course, the Doctor only watched and hasn't personally dealt with Fetterman, but this was just fine to diagnose others a few years ago. And he had more to go on watching last night's debacle.

“From watching the debate, I do think he has a type of aphasia, specifically a Broca’s aphasia, which essentially means there’s been some type of insult or damage to the part of the brain where language is produced but also language is understood,” Dr. Huma Sheikh, a neurologist specializing in migraines and strokes told NewsNation host Chris Cuomo after the debate. “It’s hard to tell from this how much his comprehension is impaired, because that requires different testing.”
Sheikh, who serves as assistant professor at Mount Sinai Beth Israel Hospital in New York, said it is possible Fetterman could continue to recover from the stroke he suffered just days before winning the Democratic primary. But most of his improvement have likely already occurred, she said.
“Essentially what we know is that in the first three to six months is where you see the most improvement,” Sheikh said. “There can be some improvement over the next year, but I think he’s about six months out now; this happened in May. So I think if he was doing therapy right after his stroke, this is probably where he has improved to the most.”
When Cuomo asked if Fetterman’s brain function is impaired, Sheikh said it is difficult to know how much he comprehends from his answers.
“In the brain, cognition and language are separated, but there’s so much interaction between them,” she said.
The doctor acknowledged that if she were a voter in Pennsylvania, she would have deployed concerns after watching Fetterman’s performance.

Has he seen the president?

The lump on Fetterman's neck is like the beacon from a lighthouse warning of Rocky shores. I couldn't take my eyes off of it during the debate.
I hear that his wife loves to caress it.

Joe Biden said after the debate that Fetterman made perfect sense to him. :smoke:

UZWxVye.gif

No credible doctor would ever offer a diagnosis which didn't include personal interaction and in depth examination of previous treatment and recovery progress.

And no I have never bought into that garbage from either side.

it's the stuff of partisan charlatans

Last edited:
No credible doctor would ever offer a diagnosis which didn't include personal interaction and in depth examination of previous treatment and recovery progress.

It was so bad for Fetterman that Xiden and Obama are both going to Pennsylvania to try to drag him to the finish line. Probably won’t help given the history of candidates endorsed by those two losing.

And no I have never bought into that garb agefrom either side.

But she didn't make a diagnosis, did she?
She spoke based on the available evidence & her own expertise to form the basis for an educated opinion.
Are opinions no longer allowed?

Your Strawman is leaking
strawman.jpg

And no I have never bought into that garbage from either side.

LOL They were all over the MSM diagnosing Trump, did you say anything then? Or did you agree? Don't make me search your posting history, 'fess up.

Forum List

Back