Netflix: Money Explained, the series.

Schools are doing away with advanced college courses in High School because they are racist. Not the courses, the teachers.
Not the school my kid went to. The Republican controlled legislature and the Repub gov. cut funding for them so we parents picked up the cost.
give it time. The cancel culture has its hooks firmly embedded in all of our education systems. Having advanced math classes is now deemed racist because blacks don't do as well.

Schools are doing away with advanced college courses in High School because they are racist. Not the courses, the teachers.
Not the school my kid went to. The Republican controlled legislature and the Repub gov. cut funding for them so we parents picked up the cost.
give it time. The cancel culture has its hooks firmly embedded in all of our education systems. Having advanced math classes is now deemed racist because blacks don't do as well.
Hardly will a fizzle of a fad make it here.

I cancelled Netflix back when they were pushing the Left's agenda to normalized pedophilia.
And just what was that.
A movie about children being sexploited.
Do you remember the title? I watch European Netflix and it is a bit different.
Cuties

Cuties review – Netflix's controversial child exploitation film is bold, flawed - and misunderstood
Was it the left promoting paedophilia? It was not on over here.
It didn't promote pedophilia, rather it normalized it. Of course that is a form of promotion itself.
Example... a scene where these pre-pubescent little girls were attempting to get into a dance contest.
They were stopped by two security guards.
To get it, the girls started flirting with them, removed some clothing and started twerking for them, The guards were so turned on by this, looking at their asses, making humping gestures and eyes popping out of their heads - they let them in.
The movie wants you to pretend this is what would normally happen.
Sounds bad. I have never heard of it. How is the left involved?

I cancelled Netflix back when they were pushing the Left's agenda to normalized pedophilia.
And just what was that.
Cuties

Cuties review – Netflix's controversial child exploitation film is bold, flawed - and misunderstood
It didn't promote pedophilia, rather it normalized it. Of course that is a form of promotion itself.
Example... a scene where these pre-pubescent little girls were attempting to get into a dance contest.
To get it, the girls started flirting with them, removed some clothing and started twerking for them, The guards were so turned on by this, looking at their asses, making humping gestures and eyes popping out of their heads - they let them in.
I wouldn't say the left, I would say progressives.
There is a difference. The "left" is a lot of folks, same as the "right" is a lot of folks.
They both have their fringe crazies. For the left - it is the progressive nuts.

There is a difference. The "left" is a lot of folks, same as the "right" is a lot of folks.
I disagree.

The Left is the fringe crazies.

Those who are not are Useful Idiots.

We started to watch this series, hoping it gave folks some decent information and advice.
The 1st episode "Get Rich Quick Schemes" was decent, and showed how scammers have not only not slowed down in the past 20 years, but there are more scams today than ever before. And many are perfectly legal.
This episode I give 4 out of 5 stars.
The 2nd episode - Credit Card Debt, was a good episode. Describing the predatory lending practices, debt anchoring and other methods banks used to make literally $trillions in profits. And even discussed personal responsibility and poor money management that gets you in that position in the first place.
And this is where the series gets lost.
The 3rd episode - Student Loan Debt is terrible. It is obviously nothing but propaganda for the loan forgiveness and free education movement.
It repeats the false statement about how minorities are "unfairly" targeted and have three times the default rates as whites. But fails to mention the very reason why blacks are failing in the first place... a system that shoves them through by lowering standards and pushing them through regardless they have basically failed every subject. Let's ignore that... and just pretend it isn't reality.
This episode I give 1 out of 5 stars. Misinformation and outright false information.

Yeah... done with it.
It's a ripoff of your time if you expect and explanation of money as the title promises. It's actually a piece about stupid things you should not do with your money and some smart things you should do with it.

I would consider the series ok if it began with an explanation of money but it doesn't. US currency has no intrinsic value, nor does any other currency. You can't eat it, make clothes out it, or use to build a house. In fact it's not even very attractive. It's only use is to trade it to others for something you can actually use.

To explain money a lot of questions should posed and answer such as:
Where does the value of money originate?
How does the government create money?
How do banks create money?
What happens when the government spends more money than it receives?
Is their a limit on how much money the government can create (spend)
Can the country continue indefinitely to spend more money than it receives in revenue?

If it is that easy then CLEP test out of the class...
The majority of student loan debt is not made in the pre-req first couple years.
The majority of student debt is built up in degree programs
True. The huge student debt is due to colleges creating barriers to graduation. There are far too many students changing their major after their first year. When this happen, courses the student passed often do not help them n their new major and other courses are needed. This almost guarantees another year in school. Also schools have requirements to get into your major, such as a higher GPA in certain classes or completing certain classes, or other activities. When this happens the student can not take classes in their major that are required to graduate.. It takes the average student 6 years to complete a 4 year program. So for these students the cost of attendance is 50% higher than anticipated. Since a lot of students can not afford 6 years in college or events like marriage and kids forces them out. Then they are left with a huge college debt and nothing to show for it.

The federal government should give colleges 5 years to reduce the average time to graduate to 4 years. Schools that fail should get no federal support.

Last edited:
And just what was that.
Cuties

I refer to them as bleeding heart liberals, and resent being compared to them because I am liberal .

The majority of student loan debt is not made in the pre-req first couple years.
True. The huge student debt is due to colleges creating barriers to graduation. There are far too many students changing their major after their first year. When this happen, courses the student passed often do not help them n their new major and other courses are needed. This almost guarantees another year in school. Also schools have requirements to get into your major, such as a higher GPA in certain classes or completing certain classes, or other activities. When this happens the student can not take classes in their major that are required to graduate.. It takes the average student 6 years to complete a 4 year program. So for these students the cost of attendance is 50% higher than anticipated. Since a lot of students can not afford 6 years in college or events like marriage and kids forces them out. Then they are left with a huge college debt and nothing to show for it.

The federal government should give colleges 5 years to reduce the average time to graduate to 4 years. Schools that fail should get no federal support.
Oh for sure... both my kids tested out of several classes, but it still took 2 years for pre-reqs because the degree they were going after just piled more. And then once they started the degree wordk - just like you said here - it took them 3 years due to course requirements. And some of those requirements were OBVIOUSLY bullshit padding.

Watched the 5th in the series - Retirement.

Now this was the best episode of the series.
It spells out quite well what I have been saying for 20 years now - 401k is a failed system abused by corporations to get away from having to pay pensions to employees.
The man who "invented" the 401k savings system has long stated it was never meant to replace pensions. It was never meant to be the main plan for retirement, but only a way for people to help with the shortfall of pensions/ social security.

70% of 401k plans people have are of no appreciable value for retirement. 70%.
By 2050, when millennials retire, 80% of them will be in poverty at age 65. 80%.

Oh for sure... both my kids tested out of several classes, but it still took 2 years for pre-reqs because the degree they were going after just piled more. And then once they started the degree wordk - just like you said here - it took them 3 years due to course requirements. And some of those requirements were OBVIOUSLY bullshit padding.
My grandson who is in his senior year still has nearly two years to go. He said a major problem in addition to getting into his major is having to wait two quarters to take a prerequisite for other courses he has to have to graduate. I've come to the concussion that one of the major values of a degree is that it proves that you have the perseverance to overcome numerous obstacles created by the administration to attain your goal. This certainly good experience if you end up working in a large bureaucratic organization.

Last edited:

It spells out quite well what I have been saying for 20 years now - 401k is a failed system abused by corporations to get away from having to pay pensions to employees.
The man who "invented" the 401k savings system has long stated it was never meant to replace pensions. It was never meant to be the main plan for retirement, but only a way for people to help with the shortfall of pensions/ social security.

By 2050, when millennials retire, 80% of them will be in poverty at age 65. 80%.
The only retirement plan you can really count on is the one you create yourself. Depending on the employer and your term of employment, a 401K can be a significant part of your plan, but it should be just a part of your plan, not the whole plan. A 401K is not for people who change jobs often.

The only retirement plan you can really count on is the one you create yourself. Depending on the employer and your term of employment, a 401K can be a significant part of your plan, but it should be just a part of your plan, not the whole plan. A 401K is not for people who change jobs often.
401k would be very good if people used them the way they are supposed to. But of course, they do not.
30% borrow from their plans, currently there are 16,000,000 "abandoned" plans. Up to a 1/3 of those will never be paid due to a companies inability to find the old employee from decades ago.
Companies are not matching like they use to either. Remember the 100% matching occurred when these things first started? Today the average company match is 4.3%.

401k would be very good if people used them the way they are supposed to. But of course, they do not.
30% borrow from their plans, currently there are 16,000,000 "abandoned" plans. Up to a 1/3 of those will never be paid due to a companies inability to find the old employee from decades ago.
Companies are not matching like they use to either. Remember the 100% matching occurred when these things first started? Today the average company match is 4.3%.
To really benefit from a 401K, you need to stick with the employer and the 401K should have a high rate of employer contribution. Unfortunately, so many jobs today are based on current work load thus many employees will have dozens of jobs before they reach retirement age. Employees and employers often lose track of each other after separation. My son in-law worked in many contract jobs and startups. He had dozens of employers over his lifetime and a number of 401K plans. He passed away when he was 55. We spent a lot of time searching for retirement plans and found only two. I'm sure there were more. Most of the companies no longer existed. They went out of business or were bought by other companies. There is another problem with 401Ks. Many of these plans have limited investment choices so you can actually lose money in them.

In 1978, when 401Ks began, employee and employer loyalty was slipping away but still existed. At that time most employees expected to remain with their current employer indefinitely and employers expect to keep them. That is not the case today. Most employment is based on the short term success of the company. Benefit plans such as retirement, health insurance, and life insurance should be portable. Today the only retirement you can count on is Social Security and retirement plans you manage and control.

When leaving an employer, the 401K needs to be rolled over to an IRA or transferred to the new employer's 401k if allowed. In general , leaving your 401K with your old employer is not a good idea unless you are at or nearing retirement age. If you are at or near retirement try to move all your retirement plans to one financial institution, bank or brokerage firm so when it comes time to take your minimum required distribution, (RMD), it can be calculated by that one institution and you get one monthly check. The reason this is important is that you do not want to make a mistake in your RMD. The IRS penalty for not taking all of your RMD each year is the most severe penalty the IRS has, 50% each year. So if there is misstate made and you take only $5,000 a month when the RMD is actually $10,000, after 3 years you will owe the IRS $90,000 in penalties so make sure it is correct. Your RMD is based on the total value of all your tax shattered retirement plans regardless of whether you remember them or not, so be sure it is correct.

Last edited:
We started to watch this series, hoping it gave folks some decent information and advice.
The 1st episode "Get Rich Quick Schemes" was decent, and showed how scammers have not only not slowed down in the past 20 years, but there are more scams today than ever before. And many are perfectly legal.
The 2nd episode - Credit Card Debt, was a good episode. Describing the predatory lending practices, debt anchoring and other methods banks used to make literally $trillions in profits. And even discussed personal responsibility and poor money management that gets you in that position in the first place.
And this is where the series gets lost.
The 3rd episode - Student Loan Debt is terrible. It is obviously nothing but propaganda for the loan forgiveness and free education movement.
It repeats the false statement about how minorities are "unfairly" targeted and have three times the default rates as whites. But fails to mention the very reason why blacks are failing in the first place... a system that shoves them through by lowering standards and pushing them through regardless they have basically failed every subject. Let's ignore that... and just pretend it isn't reality.
This episode I give 1 out of 5 stars. Misinformation and outright false information.

Yeah... done with it.
I can't find it can you upload a cover please & thank you!

New Topics

Forum List

Back