Netflix: Money Explained, the series.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
We started to watch this series, hoping it gave folks some decent information and advice.
The 1st episode "Get Rich Quick Schemes" was decent, and showed how scammers have not only not slowed down in the past 20 years, but there are more scams today than ever before. And many are perfectly legal.
This episode I give 4 out of 5 stars.
The 2nd episode - Credit Card Debt, was a good episode. Describing the predatory lending practices, debt anchoring and other methods banks used to make literally $trillions in profits. And even discussed personal responsibility and poor money management that gets you in that position in the first place.
This episode I give 4 out of 5 stars.
And this is where the series gets lost.
The 3rd episode - Student Loan Debt is terrible. It is obviously nothing but propaganda for the loan forgiveness and free education movement.
It repeats the false statement about how minorities are "unfairly" targeted and have three times the default rates as whites. But fails to mention the very reason why blacks are failing in the first place... a system that shoves them through by lowering standards and pushing them through regardless they have basically failed every subject. Let's ignore that... and just pretend it isn't reality.
This episode I give 1 out of 5 stars. Misinformation and outright false information.

Yeah... done with it.

If it is that easy then CLEP test out of the class...
The majority of student loan debt is not made in the pre-req first couple years.
The majority of student debt is built up in degree programs
Of course the debt is higher for the later years since high schools offer advanced programs where the student can make college credit with high school classes and you pay a lower tuition fee. My son's was $180.00 a credited class. He has his first year done..Yet, if CLEP is available I suggest doing it to reduce cost of attending college. I loved them because I didn't have to sit in a class for four months to get the credit..

The majority of student loan debt is not made in the pre-req first couple years.
Of course the debt is higher for the later years since high schools offer advanced programs where the student can make college credit with high school classes and you pay a lower tuition fee. My son's was $180.00 a credited class. He has his first year done..Yet, if CLEP is available I suggest doing it to reduce cost of attending college. I loved them because I didn't have to sit in a class for four months to get the credit..
My two kids tested out of several classes also, but we also found that the schools simply expanded prereqs over past years, so in the end - you still had to take a bunch of worthless classes. But both of my kids took those courses in community colleges. We paid cash for those.
So their loans are only for their degrees.

My two kids tested out of several classes also, but we also found that the schools simply expanded prereqs over past years, so in the end - you still had to take a bunch of worthless classes. But both of my kids took those courses in community colleges. We paid cash for those.
My youngest is going that route and that is the same one I took when community college was $6 dollars a credit hour compared to Ok University that was 19 bucks a credit hour. I notice now they don't break it down to credit hour just a semester package price. I worked my way through college and I plan on doing it for the kid because I want him to focus on school 100%.

My youngest is going that route and that is the same one I took when community college was $6 dollars a credit hour compared to Ok University that was 19 bucks a credit hour. I notice now they don't break it down to credit hour just a semester package price. I worked my way through college and I plan on doing it for the kid because I want him to focus on school 100%.
Hmm... your business of course. But you shouldn't sacrifice your retirement investing to pay for student loans for your children.
That is a big mistake, just sayin. If your retirement is funded... nevermind...

Hmm... your business of course. But you shouldn't sacrifice your retirement investing to pay for student loans for your children.
That is a big mistake, just sayin. If your retirement is funded... nevermind...
I am not taking out any loans to pay for college.

Schools are doing away with advanced college courses in High School because they are racist. Not the courses, the teachers.

Schools are doing away with advanced college courses in High School because they are racist. Not the courses, the teachers.
Not the school my kid went to. The Republican controlled legislature and the Repub gov. cut funding for them so we parents picked up the cost.

I cancelled Netflix back when they were pushing the Left's agenda to normalized pedophilia.
And just what was that.
A movie about children being sexploited.
Do you remember the title? I watch European Netflix and it is a bit different.
Cuties

Cuties review – Netflix's controversial child exploitation film is bold, flawed - and misunderstood
Was it the left promoting paedophilia? It was not on over here.

I cancelled Netflix back when they were pushing the Left's agenda to normalized pedophilia.
And just what was that.
Cuties

Cuties review – Netflix's controversial child exploitation film is bold, flawed - and misunderstood
There are some people on both sides who dabble in the issue yet it is not popular like it is in Japan.

And just what was that.
Cuties

It didn't promote pedophilia, rather it normalized it. Of course that is a form of promotion itself.
Example... a scene where these pre-pubescent little girls were attempting to get into a dance contest.
They were stopped by two security guards.
To get it, the girls started flirting with them, removed some clothing and started twerking for them, The guards were so turned on by this, looking at their asses, making humping gestures and eyes popping out of their heads - they let them in.
The movie wants you to pretend this is what would normally happen.

Forum List

Back