Netflix: Inventing Anna

Watched the thing. Caught up on Ozark as well. Both great for planned napping through about the mid two thirds of each episode. Julia does save Ozark, but damn, her spoiled brat, screechy bitchiness can get aggravating at times. The reporter (also well done) saves Inventing Anna to some extent and there's an interesting twist at the end to inspire more thought and discussion.
I have watched 2 or 3 episodes of Inventing Amy and so far I haven't seen much of a plot develop. Yes, it does make you wonder how she became what she is but I think there must be a lot more plot development if this series is going past one season.-
Julie Garner is really good just as she was in Ozark. Although Inventing Amy may be a better vehicle for her, Ozark seems to be a better series.

She had three different accents in the first 5 minutes! She should win whatever award they give for Best Actress

One of the best series ever. I'm at episode 7
Julia Garner is a multifaceted character actor which indicates she is a good actor. She can take on diverse roles. I have seen here only in Inventing Amy and Ozark. I would like see her as a bit more normal character than the roles in these series.

Okay so we watched the first ep of Anna... not getting it. In fact, we didn't even finish the first episode.
None of the characters were that interesting. And why in the world would you make a series that is about a certain character, only show like two minutes of that character in the first episode??
I feel like it should be called "Writing about Anna".
I doubt we watch anymore. Too bad, I really wanted to see something else by Garner

Okay so we watched the first ep of Anna... not getting it. In fact, we didn't even finish the first episode.
None of the characters were that interesting. And why in the world would you make a series that is about a certain character, only show like two minutes of that character in the first episode??
I feel like it should be called "Writing about Anna".
I doubt we watch anymore. Too bad, I really wanted to see something else by Garner
I've found it takes about 3 episodes of a series to determine if I want to continue. I finished two episodes of Amy and found myself not giving a damn what her story was. I'll give it one more episode. When I watched the first episode of Ozark, I didn't think I would watch the second but I did and then 3rd and I was hooked.

I've found it takes about 3 episodes of a series to determine if I want to continue. I finished two episodes of Amy and found myself not giving a damn what her story was. I'll give it one more episode. When I watched the first episode of Ozark, I didn't think I would watch the second but I did and then 3rd and I was hooked.
I know, I have said the exact same thing to people with that same number - 3 episodes.
With this, I was not just underwhelmed, but disappointed. I wanted to see Garner... and she was barely in it.
Question - is this series more about the reporter or her? Or half and half? I was not at all interested in the reporter story.
If she has a big part, I can't see myself liking it.

I know, I have said the exact same thing to people with that same number - 3 episodes.
With this, I was not just underwhelmed, but disappointed. I wanted to see Garner... and she was barely in it.
Question - is this series more about the reporter or her? Or half and half? I was not at all interested in the reporter story.
If she has a big part, I can't see myself liking it.
Julie Garner has been in quite few production over last few years and in probably more now. In acting as in all show business, you hit while the iron is hot and it certainly has been for Garner with two Emmys, 3 major entertainment awards and 17 nominations.
Beside Amy and Ozarks on Neflix there's

The Americans (Amazon Prime)​

The Assistant (Hulu)​

I Believe In Unicorns (Amazon Prime)​

Maniac (Netflix)​

Everything Beautiful Is Far Away (Amazon Prime)​

Waco (Amazon Rental)​

Tomato Red: Blood Money (Tubi)​

Modern Love (Amazon Prime)​

Grandma (Amazon Rental)​

She is now 26 and married and has appeared in a number of movies and TV series since was 15. She was born in the Bronx of Jews parents, a therapist and a painter. She considers herself half Israeli

Last edited:
Well, I finished Inventing Anna and all I can say is, "Meh."

Anna Chlumsky is cute. She reminds me of my youngest daughter.

Well, I finished Inventing Anna and all I can say is, "Meh."

Anna Chlumsky is cute. She reminds me of my youngest daughter.
Did you watch Ozarks. I believe Garner is much better as Ruth than Anna. In fact, the whole production of Ozarks is better than Inventing Anna. Where Ozarks is a multidimensions story of a number of people, Inventing Anna as the title implies is all about Anna. IMHO, the character is just not that interesting. It is billed as a limited series which means one season only. I found 3 episodes was enough for me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back