Netanyahu may have leaked US secrets to hurt Iran negotiations

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
What is Nut&yayoo going to do next to stab the U*SA in the back?
Shameless!

Report Netanyahu may have leaked US secrets to hurt Iran negotiations - Vox

1. US officials believe that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has authorized his government to release secret details of the US nuclear negotiations with Iran to the Israeli press, according to Washington Post columnist David Ignatius.
  2. The alleged leaks would appear designed to undermine the negotiations, which Israel opposes.
  3. In response, according to Ignatius, the US has decided to "reduce the exchange of sensitive information about the Iran talks" with Israel.
  4. This would be a major new low in the US-Israel breakdown
It is important to note that Ignatius does not detail his sources for the story, and has no official confirmation from either the Israeli or American governments. The columnist is known as a non-partisan reporter with a strong track record and close links in US intelligence agencies, so his report is so far being taken seriously.

The alleged leaks are, to be clear, not highly sensitive secrets. Rather, they are technical details of the US offers to Iran in the nuclear talks, such as the number of centrifuges that Iran would be allowed to maintain. (The details of negotiations are always kept secret while they're being hammered out, so that all parties can negotiate more freely, something Israeli negotiators have done themselves, for example in reaching the Oslo Accords.)

Alleged leaks?

Suspected leaks?

Hell, rather than fight about it... just for shits and giggles... let's just assume that it's true.

If true, then... I'm not sure that I can fault Bibi overly much for doing so.

Given that we (the US, as led by Obumble) seems to be caving-in to most of what the Iranians want anyway, with respect to their nuclear program.

In Bibi's place, I'd probably use every dirty trick in the book, to prevent my old friend and ally from selling me down the nuclear river, before a more friendly hand can take over the helm again, in the US...

There is no getting around the idea that US-Israeli relations are at a fairly low ebb...

At least insofar as the White House and Obumble's Administration are concerned...

However...

Summertime 2014 polling showed that even in the midst of the last Gaza War, the American People stood behind Israel in record numbers, despite the so-called leadership in the White House...

And, the elected representatives of the American People, in the US Congress, have even invited Bibi to address them in joint session, over the objections of the White House...

A remarkable slap in the face and censure of our Executive branch, for acting contrary to The Will of the People...

Both the Israelis and the Americans know that all these unpleasantries will go away, and that relations will be back to normal, and, quite probably, improve, so that they are even better than before --- once we get past January 20, 2017...

Bibi et al need merely hang on, and avoid getting sold down the river, before that happens...

The Israelis - and Bibi - are both intelligent enough to understand all that, and tough enough to hang on for another 22 months, until the nightmare has passed...

Last edited:
Alleged leaks?

Suspected leaks?

Hell, rather than fight about it... just for shits and giggles... let's just assume that it's true.

If true, then... I'm not sure that I can fault Bibi overly much for doing so.

Given that we (the US, as led by Obumble) seems to be caving-in to most of what the Iranians want anyway, with respect to their nuclear program.

In Bibi's place, I'd probably use every dirty trick in the book, to prevent my old friend and ally from selling me down the nuclear river, before a more friendly hand can take over the helm again, in the US...

There is no getting around the idea that US-Israeli relations are at a fairly low ebb...

At least insofar as the White House and Obumble's Administration are concerned...

However...

Summertime 2014 polling showed that even in the midst of the last Gaza War, the American People stood behind Israel in record numbers, despite the so-called leadership in the White House...

And, the elected representatives of the American People, in the US Congress, have even invited Bibi to address them in joint session, over the objections of the White House...

A remarkable slap in the face and censure of our Executive branch, for acting contrary to The Will of the People...

Both the Israelis and the Americans know that all these unpleasantries will go away, and that relations will be back to normal, and, quite probably, improve, so that they are even better than before --- once we get past January 20, 2017...

Bibi et al need merely hang on, and avoid getting sold down the river, before that happens...

The Israelis - and Bibi - are both intelligent enough to understand all that, and tough enough to hang on for another 22 months, until the nightmare has passed...

It doesn't matter if it says "alleged", or if there is no proof to back up the assertion, or if the source is questionable: If deluded pro Palestinians like Pbel find an article that bashes Israel in any way, they will post it and try to pass it off as 100% factual.

What is Nut&yayoo going to do next to stab the U*SA in the back?
Shameless!

Report Netanyahu may have leaked US secrets to hurt Iran negotiations - Vox

1. US officials believe that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has authorized his government to release secret details of the US nuclear negotiations with Iran to the Israeli press, according to Washington Post columnist David Ignatius.
  2. The alleged leaks would appear designed to undermine the negotiations, which Israel opposes.
  3. In response, according to Ignatius, the US has decided to "reduce the exchange of sensitive information about the Iran talks" with Israel.
  4. This would be a major new low in the US-Israel breakdown
It is important to note that Ignatius does not detail his sources for the story, and has no official confirmation from either the Israeli or American governments. The columnist is known as a non-partisan reporter with a strong track record and close links in US intelligence agencies, so his report is so far being taken seriously.

The alleged leaks are, to be clear, not highly sensitive secrets. Rather, they are technical details of the US offers to Iran in the nuclear talks, such as the number of centrifuges that Iran would be allowed to maintain. (The details of negotiations are always kept secret while they're being hammered out, so that all parties can negotiate more freely, something Israeli negotiators have done themselves, for example in reaching the Oslo Accords.)

Yes, cause we all know the huge success that was Oslo...:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back