Neither party seems very interested in the Latino vote

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
Biden was correct in saying Latinos vote less monolithically than Blacks, but I don't see what the dems are really offering in terms of policy beyond the ACA and educ (not to sneeze at that) while "deport them all" and Stephen Miller is not really a great attraction either.

Your Huddle host and Melanie Zanona scooped the details of Salazar’s exchange with Miller on Wednesday, in which she challenged him to explain how Republicans could broaden their coalition while enacting his preferred immigration policies.

Elaborating on the encounter on Thursday, she said that most Hispanics share the same values as Republicans: They’re God-fearing, law-abiding, tax-paying, family-oriented fans of small government.

“They want to live in dignity,” she said. “And that is what we have to give them. That’s what I said to Stephen Miller in front of 20 to 30 members from his study group. And I would say that the overwhelming majority of those members agreed with what I was saying, including Miller.”

Salazar stressed that she “absolutely” supports border security to keep out “bad people,” drugs and human trafficking — including child sex trafficking.

But she argued that the whole U.S. immigration system needs fixing, from the undocumented to the asylum process to the immigrant kids stuck in large orphanages rather than foster care. “We have to look at the whole enchilada.”

Salazar’s focus, she said, is on the undocumented immigrants who have been living in the U.S. for more than five years, have American children and have been paying taxes. “That’s what I’m concentrating on. We got to give them dignity — and I’m talking about legality. I am not talking about citizenship right now.”

Salazar plans to meet with Miller again soon to discuss her ideas in more detail. She noted he was “courteous” and “attentive” during their exchange.

COMING UP? While Salazar wouldn’t get into the granular details of which particular immigration policies she supports, she said she is “working on something very important” that she will share in the future.

Well neither party cares much about Latinos so they only need their vote like 7 or 8 days a decade.

Hell, who needs the voters? Just be willing to bend everyone over for the masters who can control the machines.

Biden was correct in saying Latinos vote less monolithically than Blacks, but I don't see what the dems are really offering in terms of policy beyond the ACA and educ (not to sneeze at that) while "deport them all" and Stephen Miller is not really a great attraction either.

Your Huddle host and Melanie Zanona scooped the details of Salazar’s exchange with Miller on Wednesday, in which she challenged him to explain how Republicans could broaden their coalition while enacting his preferred immigration policies.

Elaborating on the encounter on Thursday, she said that most Hispanics share the same values as Republicans: They’re God-fearing, law-abiding, tax-paying, family-oriented fans of small government.

“They want to live in dignity,” she said. “And that is what we have to give them. That’s what I said to Stephen Miller in front of 20 to 30 members from his study group. And I would say that the overwhelming majority of those members agreed with what I was saying, including Miller.”

Salazar stressed that she “absolutely” supports border security to keep out “bad people,” drugs and human trafficking — including child sex trafficking.

But she argued that the whole U.S. immigration system needs fixing, from the undocumented to the asylum process to the immigrant kids stuck in large orphanages rather than foster care. “We have to look at the whole enchilada.”

Salazar’s focus, she said, is on the undocumented immigrants who have been living in the U.S. for more than five years, have American children and have been paying taxes. “That’s what I’m concentrating on. We got to give them dignity — and I’m talking about legality. I am not talking about citizenship right now.”

Salazar plans to meet with Miller again soon to discuss her ideas in more detail. She noted he was “courteous” and “attentive” during their exchange.

COMING UP? While Salazar wouldn’t get into the granular details of which particular immigration policies she supports, she said she is “working on something very important” that she will share in the future.

Wrong there bucko. President Trump had an outreach to legal US citizens of Latino background, while the Progs just bring them across the border and give them handouts for a vote.

Latinos For Trump (donaldjtrump.com)

Democrat fraudsters want to turn illegals into voters, but they're a little hesitant to show up at govt. polling sites, when they have no papers. Can't say I blame them.

Forum List

Back