Needle Arts

Does it hurt your hands after a while? My mom knits blankets a lot. She had to stop because she started getting arthritis.
You should see what it does to your hands to knit one of these bad boys...

8eaf106cfac50434b45721a42dbb3f92.jpg

:10:
What is it made of? I thought once I might try making some indoor/outdoor rugs made out of plastic grocery bags. I spent about 20 minutes and was like nope no way. Literally shreds your hands.
Well, that particular one is made of what looks to be stainless steel. Might be aluminum though.
My bad I thought maybe you made it.

I've never seen one made with motifs that way. I'm familiar with the old fashioned mail..

I would love to have made that, but I just don't have that kind of time.

In that case, just tell me where you got the picture, and maybe I can hunt down the pattern.

What is it made of? I thought once I might try making some indoor/outdoor rugs made out of plastic grocery bags. I spent about 20 minutes and was like nope no way. Literally shreds your hands.
Well, that particular one is made of what looks to be stainless steel. Might be aluminum though.

I've never seen one made with motifs that way. I'm familiar with the old fashioned mail..

I would love to have made that, but I just don't have that kind of time.

In that case, just tell me where you got the picture, and maybe I can hunt down the pattern.

Its a form of Dragonscale. I'm not sure who created the pattern as I found the image at TheRingLord's forum.

Dragonscale Chinese mountain armor

Does it hurt your hands after a while? My mom knits blankets a lot. She had to stop because she started getting arthritis.

TheRingLord Forum
It is rather unique.

TheRingLord Forum
It is rather unique.

It's amazing how many of those lifelike mannequins don't protect their bare breasts hahahaha

TheRingLord Forum
It is rather unique.

It's amazing how many of those lifelike mannequins don't protect their bare breasts hahahaha
??

Do you have a membership to the forum there? I was under the impression that it was required in order to get to that section.

I really love your gymnastics leotards. My great-niece is in a gymnastics club that trains students to hopefully go to the Olympics, and I will have to show her your site and see if she likes any of them for gifts (she's a picky little thing).

Thank you so much.

I used a Jalie pattern for the gymnastics outfits. The rest are my own designs. Your great-niece might want to check out their website for ideas. It’s a small Canadian pattern company specializing in athletic wear.

I’ve shipped to Europe, Japan, Australia, all parts of the US and Canada. Years ago I had a client in Japan with a talented 8 year son. Last year he went to the Olympics as a member of Japan’s figure skating team. I haven’t made an outfit for him for years, but I was still excited for him.

My goal now is to use up all the fabric, wool and crochet cotton I have before I die. I have two 5’ high shelving units on one wall of the sewing room, each with 5 shelves. Plus three boxes under the sewing table a half a closet of fabrics on hangars with patterns ready to go. And that’s just the fabric. Last year I cleared one shelf.

I really love your gymnastics leotards. My great-niece is in a gymnastics club that trains students to hopefully go to the Olympics, and I will have to show her your site and see if she likes any of them for gifts (she's a picky little thing).

Thank you so much.

I used a Jalie pattern for the gymnastics outfits. The rest are my own designs. Your great-niece might want to check out their website for ideas. It’s a small Canadian pattern company specializing in athletic wear.

I’ve shipped to Europe, Japan, Australia, all parts of the US and Canada. Years ago I had a client in Japan with a talented 8 year son. Last year he went to the Olympics as a member of Japan’s figure skating team. I haven’t made an outfit for him for years, but I was still excited for him.

My goal now is to use up all the fabric, wool and crochet cotton I have before I die. I have two 5’ high shelving units on one wall of the sewing room, each with 5 shelves. Plus three boxes under the sewing table a half a closet of fabrics on hangars with patterns ready to go. And that’s just the fabric. Last year I cleared one shelf.

My mom says she's so glad I inherited her talent and interest in crafts, so she can leave her stuff to me, instead of trying to use it up before she dies. ;)

I've been working on a cross stitch that I plan to put in a frame and use as a coaster on my desk at work (my coffee cup is MUCH too big for regular coasters). But I've had to take a break from it to make some bathroom rugs. I was going to just buy some, but my husband said, "Remember that rug you crocheted for a bathroom back in the old house? I really loved that. Why don't you make some more to match the new bathroom?" How do you refuse a line like that?

Hopefully, I will have the rugs knocked out by the end of the weekend and can get back to my cross stitch..

Anyone else out there enjoy needle arts?

Was exposed when I broke my hands. Busted the right hand and two fingers, and only broke fingers on the left. I made at least one scarf a week. Halfway decent ones to for having gimped up hands.

I've been working on a cross stitch that I plan to put in a frame and use as a coaster on my desk at work (my coffee cup is MUCH too big for regular coasters). But I've had to take a break from it to make some bathroom rugs. I was going to just buy some, but my husband said, "Remember that rug you crocheted for a bathroom back in the old house? I really loved that. Why don't you make some more to match the new bathroom?" How do you refuse a line like that?

Hopefully, I will have the rugs knocked out by the end of the weekend and can get back to my cross stitch..

Was exposed when I broke my hands. Busted the right hand and two fingers, and only broke fingers on the left. I made at least one scarf a week. Halfway decent ones to for having gimped up hands.

Does the needle work help with maintaining and/or expanding your dexterity? I really think it, and the fact that I type a lot for work, have helped to keep my arthritis from stiffening up my joints as much as it might have otherwise.

Does the needle work help with maintaining and/or expanding your dexterity? I really think it, and the fact that I type a lot for work, have helped to keep my arthritis from stiffening up my joints as much as it might have otherwise.

That, and every time I did it I felt that it strengthened my hands. I did the one you do with needles, not hooks.

That, and every time I did it I felt that it strengthened my hands. I did the one you do with needles, not hooks.

Knitting.

I can knit, but I don't care to. I drive myself nuts by trying to keep the yarn too tight. My OCD coming through. It's less of an issue with crochet. And I've been crocheting since the sixth grade, so I can now do it without ever needing to look at it.

Forum List

Back