Need some interior decoration advice.

1632098137983.png

I had old black out curtains and blinds on this window and since I've been updating my house I decided to replace all the blinds at once since I had to do the them in the rooms I've already done.

All of the trim and doors is being ripped out when I get to this room and new hard floors are going to replace the carpet and tile that's down now.
What I had up before looked nice but it made the room too dark and just getting to the windows to open them was a pain so everything just stayed shut all the time.
I redid the back slider door with gray(ish) vertical blinds and ditched the old curtain set up I had to allow for more light for my plants. The living room shades are smoke gray but look mostly white and it looks VERY steril without extra stuff around them. Both blinds can be seen from the living room so whatever treatment I do needs to coordinate or it will drive me batty.
I looked for a valance(?) at a home decorating store but found nothing.
If anyone has any ideas on how to dress it up please offer your ideas or better yet links to products you think would look good.
Keep in mind all the old walnut trim and doors are going to be ripped out and replaced at some point this winter so coordinating with the dark is moot.
I'll post some pics of what I have to give you a better idea.

By the way, thanks for putting up with all the posts about my house or garden! I did redo this house before I bought it but at the time I did all that (years before I bought it) I was just doing it for work as the realtor I was working for wanted to flip it on the cheap. Then I ended up buying it but who the fuck wants to do their job at home after a full day doing it somewhere else for money??? So I just lived with the cheap shit for the last 13 or 14 years. Now I'm getting older and I want to make it nice before I'm too damn old to do it myself.

Also I'm going to post a pic of a transition between my living room and dining room and I want your opinions on tearing out the arches and opening up the area.

Thanks for ANY opinions that aren't trolling. If you troll make it funny so it isn't a waste of my time!

PS. Yes, remodeling is my thing BUT I do bathrooms. I can turn a room you shit in into the Taj Mahal but I can't coordinate shit everywhere else.

View attachment 541522View attachment 541523View attachment 541524View attachment 541525

Arches that I HATE!

View attachment 541526
Grampa, this is all I could come up with. Maybe a subscription might help you?

Cell making.jpg

:scared1:

Forum List

Back