Need some interior decoration advice.

Yes, they work very well but look very generic so I need to dress them up
Change out to fixed casements with electronic switchable glass in the short twins, allowing the lineal height casements to give vertical accent to the horizontal fenestration spaces, ala Frank Lloyd Wright and at same time an increase in window energy efficiency common to most casements on the market?

I have a theme..sorta. Ecclectic. Mostly safari lodge-ish, mixed with some japanese vases and urns, and of course my own art. I feel cozy in this small apt.

Make yours what you love to be around. I favor earthtones and dark wood.

Wish I could paint the walls a warm tan tone. I loathe white walls.
I EANT to do a theme.
I am thrilled by ancient egyption shit but my daughters keep telling me no.

Change out to fixed casements with electronic switchable glass in the short twins, allowing the lineal height casements to give vertical accent to the horizontal fenestration spaces, ala Frank Lloyd Wright and at same time an increase in window energy efficiency common to most casements on the market?
I might be too drunk at this point but I have electronics more than covered.
20210919_180644.jpg
20210919_180654.jpg

I might be too drunk at this point but I have electronics more than covered.View attachment 541562View attachment 541563
Electronic glazing panels are for obscuration or darkening the point you can't see through them, while when not activated casements make every window a picture window of full height vertical views. The Casements would also add a modern look and casements look good with arches, which you have. Seen it done where the designer wanted no curtains or covering and the millwork became the accent. I was only too pleased to oblige her. Not for everybody and definitely not a costs saving idea, but very crisp, clean and cool looking, while still offering privacy when you want it. Just pitching it out, not in the trade anymore.

I had old black out curtains and blinds on this window and since I've been updating my house I decided to replace all the blinds at once since I had to do the them in the rooms I've already done.

All of the trim and doors is being ripped out when I get to this room and new hard floors are going to replace the carpet and tile that's down now.
What I had up before looked nice but it made the room too dark and just getting to the windows to open them was a pain so everything just stayed shut all the time.
I redid the back slider door with gray(ish) vertical blinds and ditched the old curtain set up I had to allow for more light for my plants. The living room shades are smoke gray but look mostly white and it looks VERY steril without extra stuff around them. Both blinds can be seen from the living room so whatever treatment I do needs to coordinate or it will drive me batty.
I looked for a valance(?) at a home decorating store but found nothing.
If anyone has any ideas on how to dress it up please offer your ideas or better yet links to products you think would look good.
Keep in mind all the old walnut trim and doors are going to be ripped out and replaced at some point this winter so coordinating with the dark is moot.
I'll post some pics of what I have to give you a better idea.

By the way, thanks for putting up with all the posts about my house or garden! I did redo this house before I bought it but at the time I did all that (years before I bought it) I was just doing it for work as the realtor I was working for wanted to flip it on the cheap. Then I ended up buying it but who the fuck wants to do their job at home after a full day doing it somewhere else for money??? So I just lived with the cheap shit for the last 13 or 14 years. Now I'm getting older and I want to make it nice before I'm too damn old to do it myself.

Also I'm going to post a pic of a transition between my living room and dining room and I want your opinions on tearing out the arches and opening up the area.

Thanks for ANY opinions that aren't trolling. If you troll make it funny so it isn't a waste of my time!

PS. Yes, remodeling is my thing BUT I do bathrooms. I can turn a room you shit in into the Taj Mahal but I can't coordinate shit everywhere else.

View attachment 541522View attachment 541523View attachment 541524View attachment 541525

Arches that I HATE!

View attachment 541526
Great choice for tile blend with colors of plants...very relaxing and tropical looking. I've been shopping bathroom tile recently and it's ridiculous to narrow it down due to number of selections out there. Agree with Gracie about arches yet many an arch has been sacrificed in the name of an open concept. Arches provide a feeling of personal comfort over visual space. Keep strong with your daughters about what you want! I know all about that dynamic lol

Electronic glazing panels are for obscuration or darkening the point you can't see through them, while when not activated casements make every window a picture window of full height vertical views. The Casements would also add a modern look and casements look good with arches, which you have. Seen it done where the designer wanted no curtains or covering and the millwork became the accent. I was only too pleased to oblige her. Not for everybody and definitely not a costs saving idea, but very crisp, clean and cool looking, while still offering privacy when you want it. Just pitching it out, not in the trade anymore.
I have no fucking clue what you just said but as a diligence Republican I feel I must agree

Great choice for tile blend with colors of plants...very relaxing and tropical looking. I've been shopping bathroom tile recently and it's ridiculous to narrow it down due to number of selections out there. Agree with Gracie about arches yet many an arch has been sacrificed in the name of an open concept. Arches provide a feeling of personal comfort over visual space. Keep strong with your daughters about what you want! I know all about that dynamic lol
Bathroom tile. You're singing my song baby

If my kid told me no to what I want, I would tell my kid to stick it. YOUR turn to have what YOU want. Egyptian stuff is cool too. In the midst of my african safari/japanese stuff..I have one lone Neferatti (sp?) plate made of brass with cloisonne' inserts. Its hanging on the wall cuz it's very cool. Might make myself a anubis statue too, out of clay. Would go well with my decor..which is...drumroll...EVERYTHING I LOVE, not what someone else loves. lol

Forum List

Back